• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flame Red 3DS: Confirmed Sept. 9th

Had a feeling that they'd release it alongside Starfox 64 3D.

Dare I hope that the video recording/3DS Software transfer system update comes alongside the new colour as well? (Would be a significant bullet point to add to the back of the box and would give people an easy way to switch colours too!)

JonCha

I thought you meant Pokemon Fire Red at first.

Will have to see it jn person because it looks a little dark IMO.

watershed

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
Had a feeling that they'd release it alongside Starfox 64 3D.

Dare I hope that the video recording/3DS Software transfer system update comes alongside the new colour as well? (Would be a significant bullet point to add to the back of the box and would give people an easy way to switch colours too!)
I wouldn't count on any major new firmware updates any time soon. Even during all the 3ds revival talks, the new games, new price etc Iwata nor Reggie ever mentioned any incoming update adding more functionality the 3ds. I actually expected Iwata to talk about messaging or 3d video recording or 3d flipnote during the inveztor q and a as further improvements to round out the 3ds but it didn't happen :(

beje

Banned
artwalknoon said:
I wouldn't count on any major new firmware updates any time soon. Even during all the 3ds revival talks, the new games, new price etc Iwata nor Reggie ever mentioned any incoming update adding more functionality the 3ds. I actually expected Iwata to talk about messaging or 3d video recording or 3d flipnote during the inveztor q and a as further improvements to round out the 3ds but it didn't happen :(

I guess they have the devs on a leash since the whole fiasco issue to roll out features faster so I wouldn't really worry. I might bite on getting a red unit when they get the 3DS transfer option sorted out.

Acid08

Banned
340x.jpg

MAKE THIS AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, anyone getting a new color like this should be safe against that screen scratching issue, yes? Being new models for sure rather than any launch window leftovers?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well, I can't buy a new 3DS until I can transfer my 3DS Software and sell the old one so... pass.

jgkspsx

The red looks nice. The glossy, complicated hardware design just doesn't live up to the DSlite and DSi, though.

BY2K said:
Well, I can't buy a new 3DS until I can transfer my 3DS Software and sell the old one so... pass.
There's already an option to do this in the menu. It doesn't work yet, but I expect it will be in a firmware update in the near future...

Majine

Banned
jgkspsx said:
The red looks nice. The glossy, complicated hardware design just doesn't live up to the DSlite and DSi, though.

I don't mind the gloss, but the 3DS is such a U-turn in comparison to the simplistic DSi XL.

watershed

Banned
BY2K said:
Oh yeah I just remembered that feature hasn't been activated yet. Nintendo has to get that feature live before the red 3ds launches or else how can they expect any current 3ds owner to buy one?

Acid08 said:
340x.jpg

MAKE THIS AND TAKE MY MONEY.
I need this. I'm trying so hard to just continue enjoying the Cosmo Black I bought June 1st and ignore the price issue, but this gorgeous purple wouldn't be on store shelves ten seconds before I bought one. I WILL double dip for this. Maybe even a third if there's a Mario Kart LE in Flame Red. *edit* Ooh! Or a Zelda 25th anniversary logo one! (Yeah right)

Thoraxes

BY2K said:
I don't think you'll be able to with ambassador software, but for everything else, I think this may work.
YBGJ6.jpg

BY2K

Membero Americo
Thoraxes said:
I don't think you'll be able to with ambassador software, but for everything else, I think this may work.
http://i.imgur.com/YBGJ6.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

The feature isn't activated yet, for DSi stuff, yes, but not for 3DS software.

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=30145

Nintendo said:
NINTENDO GETS FIRED UP FOR THE HOLIDAYS WITH NEW FLAME RED NINTENDO 3DS

New Color, New Price and Great Games Make Nintendo 3DS a Must-Have

REDMOND, Wash., Aug. 10, 2011 – Nintendo is making sure the holidays are hot this year with a new Flame Red version of its portable Nintendo 3DS™ system. The new color launches Sept. 9 alongside the new Star Fox 64™ 3D game, and comes on the heels of a new $169.99 suggested retail price, which goes into effect Aug. 12 in the United States. Flame Red joins Cosmo Black and Aqua Blue, so now shoppers have three distinct and fashionable colors to choose from.

"Nintendo 3DS is poised to be on fire for the holidays, with its new suggested retail price, great games and our new Flame Red color," said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "With major upcoming releases in the Star Fox, Pokémon and Mario series, in addition to downloadable offerings from Nintendo eShop, Nintendo Video and Netflix, the system offers new and fun experiences to owners on a daily basis."

On the software side, third-party developers have lined up to deliver great new experiences that make use of the unique features of Nintendo 3DS.

"Nintendo 3DS is an amazing piece of technology that offers players incredible 3D games without the need for special glasses. Beyond that, it's an affordable dedicated gaming machine. Simply put, Nintendo 3DS is a fabulous device," said Laurent Detoc, President, North America, Ubisoft. "Ubisoft has been a big supporter of Nintendo 3DS since the beginning with eight Nintendo 3DS games released to date and another eight games coming out before the end of calendar year 2011."

Retailers are also anticipating a strong showing from Nintendo 3DS this holiday season.

"The new, lower Nintendo 3DS price combined with a hot new color and big-name games will entice even more Target guests to get their hands on this first-of-its-kind 3D gaming experience," said Nik Nayar, vice president of Merchandising, Target.

"GameStop customers were excited about the Nintendo 3DS launch, and this lower price point should spark additional demand," said GameStop President Tony Bartel. "With a solid back-half game lineup, the Nintendo 3DS price drop is well timed to drive consumer interest and purchases through the holiday season."

BY2K said:
The feature isn't activated yet, for DSi stuff, yes, but not for 3DS software.
I e-mailed NOA about this recently, but they did not have any info about when this feature will be available. I have a blue 3DS and really want a black one, but want to be able to transfer my data over.

I don't see why we wouldn't be able to transfer over our ambassador games once this feature is out. Especially if we're going to be able to transfer all 3DS settings, data etc. Well, this had better be the case. I should have gone with a black 3DS in the first place!

jgkspsx

Majine said:
I don't mind the gloss, but the 3DS is such a U-turn in comparison to the simplistic DSi XL.
It's like a direct descendant of the original DS (which I still keep around), where they forgot the massive improvements in between. It's better than the original DS, but a huge step back from everything in between (including the GBA Micro). Weird.

Can't wait for the lite, though.

I don't know... Anyone interested in buying Flare Red should import the japanese unit, that way you can play imports from that region, like Pokemon, Monster Hunter and etc.

At least that's what I'm planning to do in the future.

Huff

Banned
pramath said:
Games confirmed for release before this year end:

Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart 7
Super Pokemon Rumble
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Tales of the Abyss 3D
Cave Story 3D
Bit.trip Saga
Shinobi
Sonic Generations
Rayman Origins
Driver Renegade
Need for Speed: The Run
FIFA 12
Nano Assault

I'll add more as I remember.

Willing to bet we arn't going to see this until 2012

And that purple looks super cool. I'm happy with the aqua blue though

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Thoraxes said:
I'm almost curious to see if they made any internal changes to the system or small adjustments (Ergonomically speaking). I've read stories about people who claim the bumpers are slightly extended on the Fire Red units, as well as the buttons being more "clicky".
Sucks there's no simple way to move all my shit over yet.
Including my activity log stats.

Oh wait, I'm an ambassador.
Stuck with launch unit for life.

omgkitty

markot said:
I bought one last week, I wanted a red one >_<

Same here. I waited forever until they announced the free games and I jumped on it. Not only did I miss the Walmart sale, but now no Red 3DS. DAMN YOU NINTENDO!!!!

Top Bottom