• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flame Red 3DS: Confirmed Sept. 9th

drizzle

Axel Hertz
StickSoldier said:
I just wish Nintendo would release colors faster, I hate having to wait so long for a color revision.
I wonder how long will it take for an actual hardware revision. I'm thinking about waiting for that before buying a 3DS myself, and with the software being released... it's has not been hard at all...

Asdfghjkl, I searched and didn't found this thread. I feel dumb . :(

Nice color, happy to see it being released in America. I guess they really want to sell more units.

Thoraxes

BY2K said:
The feature isn't activated yet, for DSi stuff, yes, but not for 3DS software.
I just woke up, so... I had no idea it wasn't activated yet, let alone that people have tried it.
Hopefully soon then. Also I hope more people help push for a 3DS messaging system for friends. It would be kinda nice to have, or to send short messages.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Thoraxes said:
I just woke up, so... I had no idea it wasn't activated yet, let alone that people have tried it.
Hopefully soon then. Also I hope more people help push for a 3DS messaging system for friends. It would be kinda nice to have, or to send short messages.
I'll bet that never happens.

Looks slightly less tacky than the blue one.

0xrbx.gif

[Nintex]

mollipen

_dementia said:
Japan-exclusive pearl pink fatty DS > all

Seriously is the best color of DS ever released (still have the one pictured below). The two-tone mix of colors was a thousand times better than the one-tone they did for the DS Lite / DSi, and it was a nice shade of pink versus some of the other choices they've used since then.

Give me a pink or lime green 3DS, Nintendo, and you might actually sell me one.

My pink NDS + Osaka strap figure by pikoeri, on Flickr

Glix

shidoshi said:
Seriously is the best color of DS ever released (still have the one pictured below). The two-tone mix of colors was a thousand times better than the one-tone they did for the DS Lite / DSi, and it was a nice shade of pink versus some of the other choices they've used since then.

You don't sound like a lady when you're on the podcast!

TheNatural said:
Yeah that was what I was thinking, easy way to tell the new ones off the manufacturing line with the hinges and scratching.

Nintendo says the crap hinges and scratching are within their "design specs" so I doubt they will make any revisions for the console until the redesign. More then likely working off the mindset that loose hinges are scratches are superficial wear and tear and not an issue. Personally I think their paint and finish process is awful for these units.

shidoshi said:

Yeah, the Coral Pink and Metallic Rose just didn't have the same luster that the original model DS there had.

The US got some abomination of a pink color but the bottom-half was black. Completely ruined the look.

Meh. I'll be forced to get a JP 3DS at some point anyway so I'm sure I'll be picking up either this or an even cooler color down the line.

Stylo

Ooh this is hard to decide between.... Ambassador games? Or wait for more colors, possible revision (Better battery, design,etc.) and heavy-hitter games to support it?

Tarin02543

one thing i hate about the 3ds are its squeeky buttons, sounds like they need oil sometimes.

this is definitely noticable in gb games. for example la's fishing minigame you have to fasttap to lure in your fish. this was possible with the old gameboy of which the buttons appeared to be made out of steel but on the 3ds... squeek squeek squeek squeek squeek.

Roto13

Serenade said:
They need a white color. I mean, I'm a black guy myself, but sometimes white feels just right.
Yeah, I would have bought a white one. My DS Lite is white and I waited for a white DSi too. :p

legbone

Serenade said:
They need a white color. I mean, I'm a black guy myself, but sometimes white feels just right.

racist! just kidding.

man that red is really growing on me. now i wish i had held off on getting one. it's just so sexy. damn me and my mix of tbs love (shadow wars) and impulsive purchasing tendencies.

Gravijah

AbsoluteZero said:
Yeah, the Coral Pink and Metallic Rose just didn't have the same luster that the original model DS there had.

The US got some abomination of a pink color but the bottom-half was black. Completely ruined the look.

ZbDku.jpg

My personal favorite of the pinks.

legbone

is it just me, or can nintendo fall in a pile of shit and come out smelling like a rose. it seems the hype for 3ds has been steadily growing since it was deemed a "failure". this is the most hyped "failure" system since dreamcast (my favorite console of all time btw).

Wow.... that soon! I'll definitely pick it up when i get enough money saved up.

I wondering if they fixed that screen scratches for the red 3ds system yet since gamers have problems with their black and blue 3ds systems not closing correctly?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Jade Knight 08 said:
Wow.... that soon! I'll definitely pick it up when i get enough money saved up.

I wondering if they fixed that screen scratches for the red 3ds system yet since gamers have problems with their black and blue 3ds systems not closing correctly?

I wonder same thing. I wonder if red 3ds fix most of issues we have with 3ds.

Top Bottom