• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flame Red 3DS: Confirmed Sept. 9th

BurntPork

Banned
Gravijah said:
i would trade my unique and special ambassador program for a green or orange 3ds!
Since it needs to have that black bezel around the top screen, orange might look pretty ugly.

Anyway, I know what I'm buying this holiday! ^_^ THIS WILL SAVE 3DS!

PBalfredo

4715797999_4e888f2f42_z.jpg

Fantastic. I've been wanting this sexy red number ever since they first showed it at E3. I'm damn glad I waited on the 3DS. New price drop and the color I wanted.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
PBalfredo said:

Fantastic. I've been wanting this sexy red number ever since they first showed it at E3. I'm damn glad I waited on the 3DS. New price drop and the color I wanted.

Basically how I feel too.

Edit- The 3DS at Amazon has a white circle pad though. I like the red one more. :(

Majine

Banned
This really is the color that should've been the primary model, not the blue one. The 3DS logo has red, and I dunno about you guys but I accociate Nintendo with their old red logo, still.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Majine said:
This really is the color that should've been the primary model, not the blue one. The 3DS logo has red, and I dunno about you guys but I accociate Nintendo with their old red logo, still.

I feel the same way, especially about the logo. Since E3 2010 I was anticipating red being the primary color at launch -- instead it was nowhere to be found.

Brinbe

PBalfredo said:

Seriously, that thing was so f'n sexy. Definitely might get me off the fence, especially with the price-reduction.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So are we sure this unit will be "fixed" and not have the screen scratching problem? If so then if I get a 3DS this would be the color to go for just to be sure my unit is scratch free!

legbone

man, i just picked up a black one two months ago. but i'm glad i'm getting the ambassador games so all is well. this thing is really sharp. i'm not sure why people are calling it pink. i guess i need to see it in person. looks pretty red to me. but then again, i do have a touch of blue/green color blindness. not sure how that affects it since i just learned that i am color blind. kind of strange that i had no idea until i started talking to people about street lights.

LosDaddie

Banned
Frost_Ace said:
I'm still surprised they haven't relased one yet since girls were such a huge slice of the DS user base.

Real talk.

My wife loved her pink DSLite until it broke. Now she uses my old black DSLite and keeps asking if NInty has announced a pink 3DS yet.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
LosDaddie said:
Real talk.

My wife loved her pink DSLite until it broke. Now she uses my old black DSLite and keeps asking if NInty has announced a pink 3DS yet.

Tell her to man up and get a 3DS without caring about the color.

Neat. While I have no qualms with my Aqua 3DS, if I had the choice I'd probably pick up the Red color if I was buying new today.

New colors + New price + New game = more customers, so good on ya Nintendo.

You know it's strange because the Flare Red 3DS was launched alongside Star Fox 64 3D in Japan as well back on July 14th.

I'll probably buy a Japanese unit when the price drops down later on this year. Maybe even another color will be launched? I really wanna make sure I like the color before I spend money importing it.

Games I'm thinking of grabbing so far: Gundam The 3D Battle & Senran Kagura (Tits: The Game)

kitchenmotors said:
Uhm, didn't you import a red 3DS?
Stalker!

It fell through unfortunately. The guy I sent the money to never picked it up from his import shop and he sent it back as a payment so I lost about $20 due to paypal fees and the guys incompetence. Never again will I do something like that.

MidnightScott said:
You know it's strange because the Flare Red 3DS was launched alongside Star Fox 64 3D in Japan as well back on July 14th.

I'll probably buy a Japanese unit when the price drops down later on this year. Maybe even another color will be launched? I really wanna make sure I like the color before I spend money importing it.
Uhm, didn't you import a red 3DS?

LosDaddie said:
Real talk.

+1 here.

I gave my girlfriend my Electric Blue DS when I bought my DS Lite in 2006 at its launch, as she had become addicted to Animal Crossing. When the Pink DS Lite was released later that year I brought her that and surprised her with it for her birthday. Then a few months after the Pink DSi dropped I bought that for her just for the hell of it.

Waiting on pink as well.

Tobor

dallow_bg said:
You ain't buyin' no 3DS. :p
I'll buy one when a game I have to play comes out. Although the odds are good that after beating said game, I'll stick it in a drawer for 6 months before finally selling it. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
AbsoluteZero said:
+1 here.

I gave my girlfriend my Electric Blue DS when I bought my DS Lite in 2006 at its launch, as she had become addicted to Animal Crossing. When the Pink DS Lite was released later that year I brought her that and surprised her with it for her birthday. Then a few months after the Pink DSi dropped I bought that for her just for the hell of it.

Waiting on pink as well.

Electric Blue phat DS was fricking awesome.

bkYRf.gif

<3

So glad I waited, the silver one gets scratches and junk way too easy and just looks grimy after a while. Electric Blue is high class.

dallow_bg said:
Sucks there's no simple way to move all my shit over yet.
Including my activity log stats.

Oh wait, I'm an ambassador.
Stuck with launch unit for life.
Has this been confirmed, that we won't be able to move the ambassador games over and that they'll be stuck on launch units forever? It doesn't make sense to me, especially if a system gets damaged.

I just want to switch from my blue 3DS!!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Pancakes R Us said:
Has this been confirmed, that we won't be able to move the ambassador games over and that they'll be stuck on launch units forever? It doesn't make sense to me, especially if a system gets damaged.

I just want to switch from my blue 3DS!!
I imagine you'd have to have to do it the archaic way.
Send both units to Nintendo.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
iSimon said:

HOT

You know, the only thing that really annoys me about the 3DS's design is the angled hinges. What is up with those? Looks so sloppy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Top Bottom