• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flame Red 3DS: Confirmed Sept. 9th

The M.O.B

pink3dszu9q.png

Rethinking my decision, this looks PINK as anything.

I need to see that shit in person

The blue and black were hella different depending on the lighting (ended up liking the blue a lot more once I actually saw it)

Tuck said:
They release a white one and maybe I'll spring. Maybe.
This is probably not what you're thinking, but a pearl white would be irresistible. Don't think it would work too well with Nintendo's tri-shade paint scheme or the black upper fascia, but dayum, would that ever be hot!

Peagles

Damnit, I had my heart set on red when we first saw the colours...

I guess I'll just have to see if they make a red revision model, but in the mean time I'll treat my Cosmo Black like I still love it more than anything :lol

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Massa said:
I mean it's not the color that makes it look like a cheap gel toothpaste.
Oh yeah, the color itself is not bad, it's just how it was utilized, and the many crappy shades they incorporated.

imthemaid

Banned
I wish--now that we've all seen how clever and symbolic the three-piece design is and have felt the majesty of that angled lid for easy opening action--that they would make a model that is just the bottom section of the current 3ds consistently continued up over the entire handheld, uniformly covered with the nice paint that they used on the bottom section. Any colour will do!

Also get rid of that "3d" LED, or at least move it!

shidoshi said:
Seriously is the best color of DS ever released (still have the one pictured below). The two-tone mix of colors was a thousand times better than the one-tone they did for the DS Lite / DSi, and it was a nice shade of pink versus some of the other choices they've used since then.

Give me a pink or lime green 3DS, Nintendo, and you might actually sell me one.

My pink NDS + Osaka strap figure by pikoeri, on Flickr

Oh hey, that the one I imported for my sister back in the day. How I wish these damn things were still region free. :/

kunonabi

Red is nice and better than the blue and black but nothing compares to those orange 3DS units from E3. I would double dip for an orange 3DS in a second.

NM0dz

Neo Member
akilshohen said:
that's two of us. Why hasn't the Lime Green GBC been duplicated?

Not to get your hopes up, but i am almost certain i have seen a green 3DS for sale here in Australia... though i think it was more like 'grass green'.

I'll see what else i can dig up about it, i assumed it was an official colour here, but it may just be some guy coating over the aqua blue colour.

EDIT: found it Here . but my source is... questionable

Medalion

Banned
I found it best to not prejudge the color of a 3DS until looking upon it in person

The colors of Aqua Blue or whatever for the 3DS I thought looked boring in pictures but when I saw it in person I quite love the thing now

Reading the thread title I was all like "Damn!" but the pink sheen kills it. Of course it may look different in person but judging by my black one (darkish grey/graphite) it looks like the secondary colour may have this pinkish hue - eww. Now if they would actually go for orange as the secondary colour I might get one with the price drop and all and give the black one to the GF.

Has anyone tried to contact Nintendo about transferring games? I recall it was quite bothersome or even impossible with Wii if you didn't have your console replaced at the same time - lulz Nintendo etc.

Medalion said:
I found it best to not prejudge the color of a 3DS until looking upon it in person

The colors of Aqua Blue or whatever for the 3DS I thought looked boring in pictures but when I saw it in person I quite love the thing now

Truth, although I feel the same about the Cosmo Black.

Nintendo, you motherfuckers. NOW you release the red? I'll hold off for now, but when the inevitable Black Friday bundle releases I'll have no choice but to open the wallet.

J@hranimo

Banned
That's cool in all, but where's me Emerald Green Nintendo??????? It would be an insta-buy color for me!

I'm not gonna lie though that pimp purple color one is pretty nice too.

Peagles

Jinfash said:
cheap gel toothpaste.

Oh my god, you're right. Now I can't unsee it. I can't get rid of the urge to taste cheap gel toothpaste now too, even though I never use it myself and have only tasted it at friends' houses down the years.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
akilshohen said:
that's two of us. Why hasn't the Lime Green GBC been duplicated?
The lime green DS was awful. It was the lime green GBA SP that was the hot hot sex.

12084.JPG

Dammit! I have my money for my 3DS plus Ocarina all ready to spend, and I don't want to wait another 9 days for Flame Red. My girlfriend is gonna be out of town for almost a week and I'll have nothing to do, so it's the perfect time to get it.

But I probably would prefer red over black (if only slightly), and I also am tempted to hold out until the conference on September 13th just to make sure they aren't announcing a redesign (which I'm sure they aren't, but still)

Point is I want it now, curse you Nintendo for not releasing the red one a week earlier

Top Bottom