• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE #232 review scores

Zenith

Banned
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 9/10
Driver: San Francisco 8/10
Xenoblade Chronicles 9/10
Ryu Go Gotaku: Of The End 7/10
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet 6/10
Age of Empires Online 6/10
Star Fox 64 3D 8/10
The Baconing 7/10
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 4/10

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
wow Xenoblade got a 9, kinda surprising, JRPGs getting a 9 in this day and age.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Driver: San Francisco is developed by Ubisoft Reflections. Which is based in the UK. There ya go. =P

Kintaro said:
Driver: San Francisco is developered by Ubisoft Reflections. Which is based in the UK. There ya go. =P

What's the story? Track record of being nice to UK devs b/c they're from the UK too?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Pretty good scores all around; almost everyone is pleased. Doesn't feel like an Edge score thread.

DaBuddaDa

I always thought Driver: San Fran looks like a fucking blast in MP. I hope Ubisoft doesn't drop the ball on the PC version.

Who am I kidding...

Zenith

Banned
Apparently the coma storyline in DriverSF is much more meta, with nightmares turning the ingame world crazy.

Driver's gonna get great scores at least in Europe. Having completed it, it really is the Driver-game that Reflections always wanted to make. No horror spikes in mission difficulty, bugs ruining the experience or any sort of technical flaws. The framerate never dropped for me on the PS3. From a coding perspective, the game's superb. It does feel like Crazy Taxi a lot, the side missions and challenges are better than the story missions. There's a huge amount of content from split-screen modes to tons of themed challenges etc with altered graphics. The handlings heavy like it has been, but the more expensive cars are so fucking slippery to drive, like you are on ice that they really arent much fun to use.

Scotch

I have to say the Driver SF multiplayer demo was surprisingly fun. The way they explain the Shifting in the singleplayer story cutscenes is goddamn ridiculous, but as a gameplay mechanic it's pretty cool.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
cacildo said:
Sup bra
Kevin-Bacon.jpg

Curufinwe

Kintaro said:
Driver: San Francisco is developered by Ubisoft Reflections. Which is based in the UK. There ya go. =P

They did give Driv3r the 3/10 it deserved. And it was also made by Reflections.

sublimit

Banned
watership said:
Yep, and it's pretty obvious too. Eurogamer/Edge both do this.

When i said the same thing about the Enslaved review i almost got raped by the NT fanboys.Seriously when was the last time Edge gave a bad score (below 5) to a British dev?

Red

Hm, been hearing good things about EYE, but haven't bought it yet. Anyone know what EDGE didn't like about it?

Sn4ke_911 said:
Confirmed, EDGE got tamed.
and hard.

and now we get comments like this on an Edge review thread -
"Can someone post EDGE´s complaints about Xenoblade? Wonder what kept the game from getting a 10, not that I care :D" Good lord. I guess they wanted in on the wank fest.

Sennorin said:
Can someone post EDGE´s complaints about Xenoblade? Wonder what kept the game from getting a 10, not that I care :D
There are no complaints as far as I can tell

And it ends with
Wonders and terrors are equally positioned in 
the world to imbue even the slightest diversion off 
the beaten track with drama and anticipation. When married to one of the strongest battle systems in the genre and a cast of characters and story that twist convention, this world becomes irresistible. It’s a 
potent return to form for Takahashi, then, a glowing comeback for the Japanese RPG, and an injection of creativity for some tired hardware. Xenoblade Chronicles manages to impress, enrich and, best of all, inspire wonder.

Curufinwe

nincompoop said:
I was just about to post this. EDGE is such a joke.

Why don't you wait and see how non-UK based sites review the game?.

We had the same complaints about the Edge UK bias when they gave Dirt 3 a 9, even though that's the same score it got from American sites like Gamespot and Joystiq, and only very slightly higher than the game's Metacritic average of 87.

Top Bottom