• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE #232 review scores

Cipherr

Xenoblade Chronicles.... is that the game thats not getting localised? Or do I have it mixed up with another. Nintendo has so many of those.

BlazingDarkness said:
There are no complaints as far as I can tell

And it ends with

Wonders and terrors are equally positioned in 
the world to imbue even the slightest diversion off 
the beaten track with drama and anticipation. When married to one of the strongest battle systems in the genre and a cast of characters and story that twist convention, this world becomes irresistible. It’s a 
potent return to form for Takahashi, then, a glowing comeback for the Japanese RPG, and an injection of creativity for some tired hardware. Xenoblade Chronicles manages to impress, enrich and, best of all, inspire wonder.

Wow....

Keasar

electroplankton said:
These are... unexpected.
The Star Fox one I cannot comment but Xenoblade definetly deserves a high remark, it is a really, really good game. First time in years I play and enjoy a JRPG.

Red

Where have you other US guys ordered Xenoblade from? I'd love to play it, but can't afford a $100 game purchase right now.

jett said:
Driver is a british game, that explains it.

amirite

Okay so it's a 7/10, still good

Crunched said:
Where have you other US guys ordered Xenoblade from? I'd love to play it, but can't afford a $100 game purchase right now.

Ordered mine from Zavvi, at a cost of £29.85, which translates right now to about $49 dollars shipped. Of course, I don't have it yet, so you get the shipping speed you pay for :p

Mafro

Kintaro said:
Driver: San Francisco is developed by Ubisoft Reflections. Which is based in the UK. There ya go. =P
Love this ridiculous conspiracy theory in every EDGE thread.

Scotch said:
Yeah they are, there's a whole thread about it. I'd try Play.com instead.

ShopTo are better than Play. They're generally cheaper AND deliver a day before release, sometimes two. They're an absolute godsend.

thefro

Crunched said:

I ordered it from ASDA and it was $45 with free international shipping (there was a coupon code in an ad on the site for a couple pounds off). It shipped last Monday and I'm still waiting for the game (site said it would take 10-15 days).

Any place in the UK is going to be pretty affordable because the pound is weak right now. It'll run you $70 dollars or so to order it from a European site.

Additional fluff,

UtL2N.jpg

Th4UJ.jpg

Hype

Diablo 3
RAGE
Ridge Racer: Unbounded
Soul Caliber 4
Awesomenauts
The Adventures of TinTin
Dead Island
Journey
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record

Feature

An In-depth look at the PS Vita
An Audience with - Jaakko Lisalo (The man who gave life to Angry Birds)
Breaking the Code - When does poor code cross the line from annoying to unethical

0dEji.png

:)

Curufinwe

timetokill said:
How else do you explain Fable 2 getting a 9/10 from EDGE while Witcher 2 gets a 6/10? :p

I've seen plenty of posts claiming Edge are biased towards European devs not just UK devs, so you should try another example instead of the Polish-made Witcher 2. 1up's Matt Leone goes with Homefront getting 5/10 as proof of the bias.

Mafro

timetokill said:
How else do you explain Fable 2 getting a 9/10 from EDGE while Witcher 2 gets a 6/10? :p
Perhaps they were reviewed by different people. EDGE wouldn't know a decent WRPG if it hit them in their face, going by their history.

Cheska

Its nice to see some other games besides Deus Ex and Xenoblade getting some good reviews as well. But where SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked? :(

Anteater

French said:
Ryu Go Gotaku: Of The End 7/10
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy 4/10

Lol, no.

Should they be higher or lower? Never played those games.

Edit: a lot of high scores this issue surprisingly, and I think 7 is a pretty decent score, I've liked a lot of games that scored within that range from magazines.

oh fuck missed the xenoblade score, fuck yea monolithsoft!

TTP said:
Worst EDGE cover ever.

That's one ugly cover indeed...but it's what's inside that really matters, and personally EDGE is one of the mags worth reading. Most mags don't add nothing to all the stuff you read on internet, EDGE does imo.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MarshMellow96 said:
Disgusting. Am I seeing some pixelation on that Skyrim logo too?

If that's Edge's cropping...well, it looks hilarious on my monitor. But I guess on paper it looks different - I hope so! It's like someone used paint bucket on the bottom right bit.

gofreak said:
If that's Edge's cropping...well, it looks hilarious on my monitor. But I guess on paper it looks different - I hope so! It's like someone used paint bucket on the bottom right bit.

Believe me, it looks way better on paper.

Codeblue

Curufinwe said:
We're too busy with Wii titles like Jerry Rice and Nitus' Dog Football here in America to need a game like this Xenoblade.

Wait. That was real? I thought that was a joke.

What the hell?

Curufinwe said:
I've seen plenty of posts claiming Edge are biased towards European devs not just UK devs, so you should try another example instead of the Polish-made Witcher 2. 1up's Matt Leone goes with Homefront getting 5/10 as proof of the bias.
To be fair, they gave Frontlines a pretty positive review, a seven I think?

The Driver preview a couple months back raised a few concerns, is it not possible those concerns were addressed and thus the game deserves a good score? I'll wait and read the review; I let my subscription expire as I left the UK but they upload all their big reviews (in fact most of them go online first now)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Drunk Edge Editor - How do we graphically convey the concept of "behind"?
Edge cover artist - How about we write "behind" backwards? You know... backwards, back, behind...
Drunk Edge Editor - Brilliant! So classy! So EDGE!
Edge cover artist - Thanks! *Pats his 5 yrs old kid on the back for the suggestion*

Zenith said:
Apparently the coma storyline in DriverSF is much more meta, with nightmares turning the ingame world crazy.

Holy shit! I was actually thinking of an open-world game pulling stuff like that off, and I hadn't heard a single thing about Driver SF.

Will have to look into it now.

Top Bottom