• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

WorldStar

Banned
More obvious in the manga.
latest

looks like Colt's human sister, Reina, unless i'm missing something

Colt's sister would make no sense tho, cuz she is Shidore in ant form

Chimera Ants look a lot more human with more human food. If you notice, the Queen starts from eating animals into eating humans. Ants progressively looked less like insects. I mean just compare the first generation Ants to the later ones. Kite is like the last Ant born by the Queen.

WorldStar

Banned
It was just some random girl that the he felt guilty about killing. You are making this way to complicated for yourself.

When colt first calls the group about Kite she is a little girl and is playing thats when they show her tail.

maybe im over complicating it, but this doesnt explain why kite is now a female/who she is of a hybrid of

WorldStar

Banned
Chimera Ants look a lot more human with more human food. If you notice, the Queen starts from eating animals into eating humans. Ants progressively looked less like insects. I mean just compare the first generation Ants to the later ones. Kite is like the last Ant born by the Queen.

idk, colt was one of the very first generation ants and he looks way more human than the later generation ones

hell he looks way more human than any other officer (officers, not talking about the royal guards)

hell Ikalgo was made after him, and he looks exactly like a fucking octopus

not to mention lion officer and cheetah officer and that one iguana guy

Daingurse

So how did kite get involved? The queen realized that both her and the Kings twin was already dying so might as well eat her with kite?

I think Kite's last Crazy Slot ability put him in the chimera ant body of Meruem's twin. That's one of the theories anyway, and I like it.

smurfx

get some go again
So how did kite get involved? The queen realized that both her and the Kings twin was already dying so might as well eat her with kite?
kites "like hell im gonna die" slot probably fuses his soul into the closest unborn baby. that happened to be the fetus inside the queen.

Nephtis

Given that Kite's new body is that of Meruem's twin sister, does it mean that Kite now has the potential to be as powerful as Meruem? :O

Yonafunu

Pitou fights Kite and kills him. His brain is fed to the Queen. When Meruem is born the Queen births one last baby (basically a twin sister, since she's born at the same time as Meruem), which is entrusted to Colt to protect. The baby grows at a rapid pace and turns out to have Kite's memories/soul/whatever. Ging later say that might be because of Kite's "Like hell I'm gonna die!" slot, which presumably only shows up when Kite gets really serious or something.

That's basically all we know about the Kite situation.

The stuff with Koala and the girl with the freckles has nothing to do with Kite, it's just that coincidentally, the baby he was reincarnated as has the body of a girl Koala killed and feels guilty over. So Kite tells him to devote his life to him to make up for that.

Popnbake

Dammit. You got my hopes up that there would be a new chapter of the manga out. :(

Whenever I see HxH or Berserk threads being bumped on forums, I just assume it's story talk or someone posted funny/epic fanart.

That is unless the thread title starts with "HxH or Berserk returning!!!!" and even then I'm a bit skeptical.

Unbounded

This isn't the manga thread. Don't do this to yourself.

Whenever I see HxH or Berserk threads being bumped on forums, I just assume it's story talk or someone posted funny/epic fanart.

That is unless the thread title starts with "HxH or Berserk returning!!!!" and even then I'm a bit skeptical.

It doesn't normally happen, but I had a moment of desperation and weakness.

I'll go cry myself to sleep now.

VeeP

I don't understand why Togashi doesn't get an artist to draw chapters for him. Yes, the style would change, but oh well. At least fans can finally read chapters.

I don't understand why Togashi doesn't get an artist to draw chapters for him. Yes, the style would change, but oh well. At least fans can finally read chapters.
This!
I heard he has back problems but he could give all the heavy work to his crew if he had one. Being the creator of hunter x hunter I'm sure he would have people lined up at the chance to draw for him.
Anyways, this thread hurts my soul, so much pain, waiting for a new chapter :'(

Also even if the manga style would change. Studio Madhouse would just keep the style that they've been drawing all this time.

Hisoka

Yeah, the drawing-style would change...
For the better.
Curse you Dragon Quest X! But ehh, at least they announced Dragon Quest Heroes 2 i guess? So we know we don't even need to get our hopes high.

I like the old adaptation. It does the "coming of age" theme much better. Hisoka is way scarier. It has a great filler episode. The ending of Heavens Arena arc gave me way more feels. York New arc is better in some ways. Spends more time with the intro, which the new version either glossed or completely skipped.

Pacing is a bit slower. Sound effects really needed more budget since you'll hear the same swoosh and nen sounds over and over. Art style is inconsistent at times.

I'd still recommend the new one, but I think the old one is still worth watching on your spare time.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...I have to get this off my chest.

I'm watching through the show right now, at the Yorknew Arc...

But...that scene with Leech was gross enough, but then his head...gets bitten off. I mean I've seen some squeamish shit in shonen before like that soldier in JoJo who takes Santana up the eyes, but I honestly think that scene is the worse I've seen.

Good thing I didn't read that far in the manga because I can't imagine what it looked like there.

faridmon

He is a perfectionist that way. He obsesses over little details and would never allow another person to help him out. In fact, his editor is having tough time with him as it is.

But...that scene with Leech was gross enough, but then his head...gets bitten off. I mean I've seen some squeamish shit in shonen before like that soldier in JoJo who takes Santana up the eyes, but I honestly think that scene is the worse I've seen.

Good thing I didn't read that far in the manga because I can't imagine what it looked like there.

You're gonna love the rest of the series.

Soriku

HxH is amusing in that it'll stay tame for a while, then suddenly get really gory. Look up the Bomber scene in the manga on Google Images once you're at the Greed Island arc.

woopWOOP

Heart still skips a beat whenever a thread with HxH's name gets bumped

Either way, pretty neat news. Curious what the English VA will be like.

Heart still skips a beat whenever a thread with HxH's name gets bumped

Either way, pretty neat news. Curious what the English VA will be like.

me too

i did a double take when i saw the words "hunter x hunter" on the screen

too bad it isn't more chapters :(

i might check out the dub though to see if its any good. the 1999 dub was decent so i have some hope.

Top Bottom