• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Die Hard 5: “A Good Day to Die Hard”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
Very true. It also suffered from the "everyone else is dumb except the stars of the movie" thing that I personally hate. Every major agency was probably involved in stopping this from happening but the only people that got close was an old cop, some 17 year old kid and Kevin Smith. It felt very contrived. In most of the other scenarios John was the only person that could do anything and it was very clear. Especially in the first one.

To be fair, that's been in every Die Hard. Remember the FBI guys in the first? Then NYPD Blue guy in 2? Then, well, everyone with the reserve bank in 3?

I didn't mind 4, I thought it had good pacing, even though the stunts were ridiculous. I feel like all the sequels have some sort of plot problem. I thought Die Hard 3's ending pretty much sucked and petered out the movie. Die Hard 2 had some nonsensical turn at the end. 4 has ridiculous stunts and a goofier plot.

.GqueB.

Banned
To be fair, that's been in every Die Hard. Remember the FBI guys in the first? Then NYPD Blue guy in 2? Then, well, everyone with the reserve bank in 3?

I didn't mind 4, I thought it had good pacing, even though the stunts were ridiculous. I feel like all the sequels have some sort of plot problem. I thought Die Hard 3's ending pretty much sucked and petered out the movie. Die Hard 2 had some nonsensical turn at the end. 4 has ridiculous stunts and a goofier plot.

I guess "dumb" was the wrong word. Maybe "not present" makes more sense. They almost didn't exist in Die Hard 4. They were there in 1 but they couldn't exactly help out in any big way. I mean they tried but look what happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom