• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura: It's Versus XIII's Turn (Obvious-age)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is probably going to be posted here eventually... so here it is.

Nomura made a comment in this week's Dengeki PlayStation. He said that since FF Type-0 was finished, it's now Versus XIII's turn (lol)

So yeah, that's it.

jett

D-Member
They'll announce 3-5 games first, develop and release them, and THEN it'll be Versus XIII's turn.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Versus XIII will be the first post-apocalyptic videogame not in terms of theme or setting, but in terms of release date.

jackdoe

Haha. So is he talking about promotional material or actual development? If it's actual development, then I find it unbelievable that they'd take away resources from Versus XIII again to complete a different project. If it's promotional material, then there is still the obvious XIII-2 as mentioned by others.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty sure the order is Versus, Mystic Quest 2, Final Fantasy XIII Teaches Typing, TWEWY 2, Kingdom Hearts III.

Meisadragon said:
That actually was a typo lol.

I don't care, it was a brilliant typo because it's so true, lol.

In the time Versus was announced, they actually announced and released multiple FF titles before versus can continue production. Theatrythm and XIII-2, for instance. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again when they magically announce XIII-3. Versus really needs to be released, and not renamed to FF15 like people keep wanting. It's been in development hell. (Also, Type-1 might be announced before Versus is released, you never know)

Beth Cyra

I still believe this will ship in Late 2012, I can't imagine they will leave FF XIV 2.0 alone after how FF XIV performed and it could be good for them if VS XIII really does live up to how amazing it looks so far.

Let's go boys.
tF1Ij.jpg

I hope PS4 is backwards compatible because I always trade in my old consoles to buy the new one, and I really wanna play this.

chri5t

Nora Kisaragi said:
I don't care, it was a brilliant typo because it's so true, lol.

In the time Versus was announced, they actually announced and released multiple FF titles before versus can continue production. Theatrythm and XIII-2, for instance. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again when they magically announce XIII-3. Versus really needs to be released, and not renamed to FF15 like people keep wanting. It's been in development hell. (Also, Type-1 might be announced before Versus is released, you never know)

It's funny, because XIII-3 is already trademarked by Square-Enix.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
He can't fool me, this game doesn't exist.

I'm just trying to ignore everything about it until there is an actual release date set in stone. It's kind of hard.

chri5t said:
It's funny, because XIII-3 is already trademarked by Square-Enix.

Oh hell no. If XIII-3 is announced before Versus is released I dont know what i'd do. Since Square Enix said "probably no versus in 2012", that means there better be no FF announcements in 2012 that don't involve a currently in-production title, or i'll eat my pants. All of them.

Pre

I really don't care about the game at this point - I just want Kingdom Hearts 3. Make the damn game already.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Aeana said:
I wonder how many people will still care about the game by the time it comes out.

The only peole who know about it to begin with are those who are following the series.

Unless you mean what percentage of that base has been taken down by the horror of FF XIII and XIII-2, then I don't know. Half maybe?

Top Bottom