• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura: It's Versus XIII's Turn (Obvious-age)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Aeana said:
I wonder how many people will still care about the game by the time it comes out.
I am fond of the dark setting and the character cast. Something tells me the game will be special, although, SE needs to hurry up.

Btw is it still confirmed if we'll be able to walk on walls in this game?

I still remember that early interview where Nomura said anything we see in the announcement trailer for FF13V, we can do. But I haven't seen footage of Noctis walking on walls ingame yet.

Nora Kisaragi said:

I still remember that early interview where Nomura said anything we see in the announcement trailer for FF13V, we can do. But I haven't seen footage of Noctis walking on walls ingame yet.
I'm not sure but we can teleport.

Famassu

QisTopTier said:
No I'm pretty sure right now it's XIII-2's turn and then Versus hahaha :(
XIII-2 is pretty much done, too.

The trailer doesn't show wall-running. Throwing swords at the sides of buildings and then teleporting to them... yes, though don't expect to be doing that from the beginning of the game.

royalan

AgentChris said:
Let's go boys.
tF1Ij.jpg

Why is everyone in this shot dressed realistically for the urban setting except for the prince...who looks like he's late for San Diego Comic-Con?

As for this news...I'll believe it when we start getting significant media/details for the game. I can't even say I'm that excited anymore...with the exception of Type-0 this Fabula Nova Crystallis era has been disappointing. Versus is now just one more reason why we won't get a console KH entry this gen...:(

Reveirg

XIII-2 - December 2011
X HD - Summer 2012
Versus XIII - December 2012
XIV 2.0 - March 2013

Is looking more and more likely, and S-E would finally have a FF release schedule that makes sense!

Then we could get a Type-1 in September 2013 and XIII-3 in December 2013.

And then when S-E stops milking the XIII franchise, we'll finally get Ito's FFXV!!!

(OK, I got carried... just a little bit... -.-)

Famassu said:
Uhh... when has Square Enix ever said that?

Oh my. Time passes. The quote I was thinking of is "we can't commit ourselves to 2011 either" when talking about a possible 2010 release.

My god, time flies by when you have zero info on a game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
LiK said:
gimme KH3 instead

It's pretty low on the depth chart. They probably won't even tease it until MQ 2 is out and FF XIII Teaches Typing is shown off for the first time.

33ws2g4.gif

Oh, Type-0 and XIII-2 media cycles are winding down?
Excellent.
Driver, intersection of Neogaf and Hype. AND STEP ON IT.

Krev said:
Be delayed officially.

One cannot delay that which has no release timetable.

Famassu

hteng said:
it's FFXIII versus's turn to what.. ?
To get the spotlight. Type-0 is releasing, like, tomorrow or the day after that and XIII-2 follows in under two months. They can finally start showing off Versus.

5 years since Versus XIII and Type 0 where announced.

I dont know alot about game development but it shouldn't take 5 years to make a psp game.

how inefficient must Squares studios be?

royalan

funkystudent said:

I dont know alot about game development but it shouldn't take 5 years to make a psp game.

It's what happens when you get a studio full of old and comfortable talent...

funkystudent said:

Both were announced before their engines or platforms were even finalized.
Opened their mouths way too early.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
funkystudent said:

We've known this for a while. Basically the development kit or something during FFXIII's making got fucked up and because no one had been keeping track of shit they had to re-start it or something.

Defuser

funkystudent said:

Well they did say the Fabula Nova project will span over 10 years lol.

Beth Cyra

PNstyle said:
So the concept and planning phase is finally over after 6 years? ok.
More like the team as well as director have been doing different things, working on other games and waiting for the engine to be up and running before they could go full tilt into the game and we have known about alot of this for a long time now.

Luthos

Yea well I probably won't get excited again until there's a release date. (and then I'll get crushed because of a delay)

cosmicblizzard said:
Nah, it's got L'cie and Fal'cie and stuff. So does Type 0 though and they dropped the XIII from that.
I was thinking from a commercial standpoint. I usually don't follow games too closely before release.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
djplaeskool said:
One cannot delay that which has no release timetable.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. It will be given an official release timetable announcement so, for the first time ever, it can be officially delayed.

Xanathus

I still care about Versus, but the lack of development and marketing updates implies that the project is having problems. Will definitely wait for user reviews before buying.

Ravidrath

Square does a ton of pre-production and planning up front from a core staff, and then they do a massive, quick execution where they throw a million grunts at it. It's modeled on the anime production pipeline.

For example, apparently FFXIII was only in "full production" for about a year, and the demo was one of the first things that came out of it.

So with that playable build done and all the planning complete, Versus XIII could finally be heading into "full production."

Top Bottom