• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Job Posting: Sega "reimagining of one of Segas most beloved IPs", Sounds High Budget

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Any guesses?

Edit: I should note that this job posting is for Sega of America.

Gamerzines said:
SEGA of America is reimagining one of its "most beloved IPs" according to a job listing posted by the company.

An ad for an executive producer for SEGA states in the job summary that it's looking for someone to work on "a high quality product based on a reimagining of one of Sega's most beloved IP's."
Source: http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/sega-reimagining-beloved-ip.html

Job Posting said:
Job Summary:
Senior/Executive Producer responsible for managing the entire development of a franchise title from concept to completion, working with an external development team and with internal stakeholders to maintain the creative vision of the product. Works collaboratively with the company (marketing, sales and other product development groups) to meet or exceed expectations of the product and is accountable for delivering milestones promptly and within budget. Wholly responsible for the project schedule, the budget, and the timely delivery of a high quality product based on a reimagining of one of Sega’s most beloved IP’s.

Required Experience:

-8+ years of game production experience & managed at least one shipped AAA title
-Proven track record of producing original software products (ideally more mass market entertainment software) from start to finish.
Source: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA4/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SEGAUSA&cws=1&rid=351

PunchyBoy

Banned
Of course, it's another news/thread about a possible Shenmue, then it will finish with something like Chu Chu Rocket or Samba di Amigo.

Given that it's Sega of America, maybe it's one of the Sega Technical Institute games? I don't know that any of those would be considered amongst "Sega's most beloved IPS", though.

Even so, a new Comix Zone would have the potential to be pretty awesome.

catabarez

Obviously it's this guy.

Alex_Kidd_EnchantedCastle.png

Throavium

"Sega's most beloved IP"

Beloved by the fans or by Sega? Because those are two different things. Jet Set Radio is beloved by the fans, but does Sega really still give a fuck about that franchise? There are many others that I can question as well.

Brannon

Maybe they hooked up with Bombergames and are going to offically release Streets of Rage Remake (with a few tweaks to get rid of the KOF stuff) for the best game of all time!

I can dream.

Snaku

Banned
I'd laugh so hard if it was a reboot of Shenmue, starting all over again. Do you know where I can find some sailors?

EdgecrusherLSU

Neo Member
Those requirements for employment look too specific to be posted as a job opening.

I mean it'd be like posting a job opening for a commercial and asking that the person have been an NFL Quarterback for at least 5 years. I mean at that point wouldn't it be easier to just call up the few dozen people who qualify and ask?

Raide

Please be Panzer Dragoon.

Or Phantasy Star V.

They already have this, with Project Draco. Doubt they will re-imagine it again.

Maybe Golden Axe again since they messed it up badly last time. Streets of Rage but what else can you do apart from a beat-em-up?

Hopefully its Jet Set Radio!

SykoTech

Beloved by the fans or by Sega? Because those are two different things. Jet Set Radio is beloved by the fans, but does Sega really still give a fuck about that franchise?

Eh, kinda. It certainly isn't thriving, but it is one of the first franchises they bring up whenever they're going to have a crossover game. In the latest one, Sega All-Stars Racing, Jet Set Radio managed to get 3 dedicated tracks.

Top Bottom