• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Job Posting: Sega "reimagining of one of Segas most beloved IPs", Sounds High Budget

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Streets of Rage plz.

I would also be super pumped for another Skies of Arcadia game.

With our luck, it'll be a cover based third person version of Space Harrier.

MisterHero

can I get a shout out for Golden Axe

But I'd love more Phantasy Star Online for Wii U heeheehee

Episodes 4, 5 and 6 please

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
can I get a shout out for Golden Axe

Golden_Axe_Beast_Rider.jpg

Came out on PS3 and 360.

Pyrrhus

It's Sega of America. It's not going to be Phantasy Star or Jet Set. My guess? It's probably something I don't care about like Vector Man.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I have to check but I don't think it's even multiplayer

but Altered Beast might be a good one to bring back

They also brought that out 6 years ago on the PS2!

250px-PS2_Altered_Beast_Cover.jpg

It was horrible too though... And was only released on the EU and JP regions.

MisterHero

They also brought that out 6 years ago on the PS2!

It was horrible too though... And was only released on the EU and JP regions.
Wow, they actually are using their old franchises.

The only one I played from Sega that was PS2-only was Shinobi, which was really fun

Koralsky

It depends what you mean by 'High Budget'. Just development budget for Golden Axe Beats Riders was 15$ millions. The first two Uncharted games cost 20 millions.

Also, like I said, if the ad is coming from SOA, this must be product, developed by the recently brought US studio Three Rings.

So, I'm expecting digital only, MMO orientated product.

Silently hoping for a new JSR, Shenmue, Street of Rage, Bayonetta, Panzer Dragoon, console Shinobi game, brand new Comix Zone or non MMO Phantasy Star.

TreIII

Streets of Rage is what I personally hope for. SORR only reminded me of how much I missed the series, and could certainly do with a quality modern sequel, IF Sega was willing to give such a thing the TLC it deserved.

Takao

Banned
Shining star has already been rebooted as a light mmo and a rpg/romance game. I think they are done destroying that one. Never heard of Ristar so I'll take your word for it.

Done, pssh they're just getting started. SEGA announced a new one for PSP a few weeks ago.

This thread made me realize Phantasy Star V does not exist and it's never gonna be made. Fuck.

Nah, Phantasy Star Victory probably will exist.

Jarmel

Banned
This thread has made me realize that Sega has some of the best IPs in the industry yet is the absolute worst at developing any of them. Hell if they even outsourced a few, it would go miles and miles.

Just give Suda51 the Jet Set Radio franchise and awards will be showered upon faces.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Man, Sega is so shit right now. There was a day when if news like this hit, the gaming fans would be on the lookout for gold to rain.

If it's not Streets of Rage, Shenmue 3, a true offline Phantasy Star 5, Shinobi or something on that magnitude, I will be disappointed. They might be talking about a separate Virtua Fighter 5 upgrade on a disc lol.

Ganondorfo

I cant think of a game from the "old days" that has been great this generation with a new take on the franchise (i am talking about franchises that have been absent for almost 2 generations)

See

Bomberman act zero
Golden axe beast rider
Splatterhouse
The third birthday

Harlock

Still want Phantasy Star 5. No bloody "online".

But "reimagining" I imagine Streets of Rage. Maybe a mix between Yakuza and GTA.

Top Bottom