• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Job Posting: Sega "reimagining of one of Segas most beloved IPs", Sounds High Budget

AlStrong

Obviously it's this guy.

Alex_Kidd_EnchantedCastle.png

Alex Mann

BKK

Is Westone even around anymore? If there is no Westone it's not really a Wonder Boy game. (Come to think of it they designed the last Monster World game over 20 years ago.)

Not that I was being serious, but Sega owns the Wonder Boy IP, they should be free to "reimagine" it without Westone if they so desired. It's not as if many IPs from that time still have many of the original staff still working on them.

Space Channel 5 reimagined as a dance game using motion controls/Kinect?

UlalaRef3.jpg

Putting the "u" in Ulala!
That sounds dirtier than I intended.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They already have this, with Project Draco. Doubt they will re-imagine it again.
I don't think SEGA is in any way involved with that thing.

Anyway, Shining Force? Seems to be a franchise they keep using, but not very successfully, maybe they're finally doing a serious effort...

I wouldn't mind if it was Sonic, anything to take it away from the utterly execrable Iizuka. Its very doubtful though, considering his latest release seems to have somehow incidentally achieved a slight measure of success.

It could have potential if it was a re-imagining of the Panzer Dragoon universe, in particular the RPG side of things. However, there are very few developers I'd trust to nail the alien world/music/entire aesthetic of the series. I'd love it done right, but don't see it happening somehow. The Sega that produced Panzer Dragoon RPG, masterpiece etcetera, is long dead and not coming back.

So, if we assume "beloved" means both loved by the fans and achieved a critical recognition, I'm considering NiGHTS and Shenmue. But to tread that sacred ground, the developers should proceed very carefully indeed.

Of course, I'd like to hope its Soleil/Crusader of Centy, but that exceptional Sega game is only beloved to myself and the six other people on the planet that have played it.

Apdiddy

I have a few guesses/wishes/hopes:

Sword of Vermillion done like Demon's Souls but not nearly as hard?
I really want to see a HD Ristar or a HD Vectorman

cajunator

Banned
NiGHTS!!!!

Ok I know better than that.

Maybe a new Jet Set Radio or SPace channel 5?
Or maybe Shenmue 3.
Why do I do this to myself?

Paracelsus

Streets of Rage Generations?

Even fucking up a beat-em-up would be a hard task for Sega. Couldn't be any worse than The Bouncer.

Tsk, as if you don't know it's clearly a remake of Running Battle using Mirror's Edge style. There are gun powerups so they can have their fps component as well.

Gattsu25

Banned
Since its not gonna be Sonic, perhaps a new Phantasy Star, not an MMO this time?
Please be Panzer Dragoon.

Or Phantasy Star V.
I would love to see a new Phantasy Star but Phantasy Star Universe gives me the impression that SEGA is not capable of making a classy futuristic RPG anymore :(

So much bad anime shit in that game, it wasn't even funny.

Still, a new PS in the image of PS2 or PS4 would make me die a happy man.

dave_d

Not that I was being serious, but Sega owns the Wonder Boy IP, they should be free to "reimagine" it without Westone if they so desired. It's not as if many IPs from that time still have many of the original staff still working on them.

Well I knew they owned the characters for those games. But the game play and level design? That was all Westone/Escape.

Flavius

Lots of mentions in here of titles that Sega's re-imagined several times over.

If it isn't the obvious (yet another Sonic), then my money's on Space Harrier. Dark Void was such a let-down for me, but I'd love to see someone take another crack at badass-dude-with-jetpack title.

Top Bottom