• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Darksiders 2 preview and trailer

I'm really excited for this game. I still need to finish the first one though, I think I stopped on the boss of the third dungeon or something. I'm not sure how much I have left.

Dascu

Combat and platforming does look faster and more fluid than before. Consider me hyped.

And though I hate trailers that only show CG and no gameplay, I did like the concept of this one: Inserting (this game's) Death into all those time periods and art styles.

Roronoa95

First one was a good surprise, the second will be mine. The teaser is nice but I want some gameplay footage with some huge and various environments !!

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Looks great. Is the PC version coming out day one along with the console versions? Did they even announce a PC version?

Goldstorm

Banned
Darksiders is my biggest surprise of this whole generation and I'm going to run to buy the sequel the second it hits retail but WHY are they releasing in June? This is not a summer release, it should be a huge blockbuster holiday release in September/October. June releases usually sell like crap (last year Alice Madness Returns, Shadows of the Damned, Infamous 2, FEAR 3 and Red Faction ALL TANKED HARD, they should learn from their mistakes)

I'm worried Darksiders 2 is going to be forgotten like Darksiders 1 was (releasing early January was a dumb move)

Will be getting for the Wii U.

They should release all the versions at the same time. I hope they revise their schedule.

Darksiders is my biggest surprise of this whole generation and I'm going to run to buy the sequel the second it hits retail but WHY are they releasing in June? This is not a summer release, it should be a huge blockbuster holiday release in September/October. June releases usually sell like crap (last year Alice Madness Returns, Shadows of the Damned, Infamous 2, FEAR 3 and Red Faction ALL TANKED HARD, they should learn from their mistakes)

I'm worried Darksiders 2 is going to be forgotten like Darksiders 1 was (releasing early January was a dumb move)
Do you think a game like this would really fare better in the crowded holiday season?

Sales talk aside I'm really glad this game is hitting in the relatively dead period of summer so that I can give it some proper attention.

luffeN

Looks great. Is the PC version coming out day one along with the console versions? Did they even announce a PC version?
If I remember correctly then a PC version was announced and will also launch in the summer along the console equivalents.

Edit: Seeing that destructoid does not list a PC version I could be wrong.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Can't wait.

And though I hate trailers that only show CG and no gameplay, I did like the concept of this one: Inserting (this game's) Death into all those time periods and art styles.
Agreed. Loved the concept.

zweifuss

I really love the character design and modeling of the Darksiders series! Combined with great gameplay, you can't go wrong!

yencid

holy shit at deaths style of movement compared to war. everyone needs to watch the gameplay.

EDIT: God damnit that gameplay just made me want this game so much more.

YES? Even low-selling holiday releases still sell better than June's sad numbers. This is a high profile game for THQ, it may be their biggest release this year (and maybe their last!).
You mean like Rayman Origins? All of the games you listed as tanking would have probably done the same thing in the holiday season.

yencid

So they decided to opt out of block and just dash, I think its better then having both systems together. megusta.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Add another "Day 1".

Will buy two copies, one for me, one for charity (helping THQ)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Didn't play the first Darksiders, but is the platforming so similar to Lord of Shadows in that too?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I came in thinking I had read The Darkness 2, whoops, lol.

I thought the first was pretty forgettable, alright at most things in the game and master of none, I will get it when it is cheap though I dont doubt.

Goldstorm

Banned
You mean like Rayman Origins? All of the games you listed as tanking would have probably done the same thing in the holiday season.

Rayman Origins (which I loved and finished) was released in November, October would be perfect for Darksiders 2 (like Arkham City). Right before the heavy hitters.

Also, Darksiders have A LOT more appeal than Rayman Origins (like 1000x).

duckroll

Looks cool. Not sure about the camera in some of the platforming parts, but it seems mostly pretty fun. The "drive a giant piece of shit around" gimmick in action adventure games is really cliche by now though. And it's almost always bad. Lol.

JdFoX187

Banned
My second favorite new IP of this gen, right behind Assassin's Creed. Loved the first one and cannot wait for this one. I'll be there for the CE if just to support Vigil and THQ.

There's no Wii U logo at the end of the trailer! :>

Cool trailer by the way, loved the first one so I'll be sure to pick up this one too.

Rayman Origins (which I loved and finished) was released in November, October would be perfect for Darksiders 2 (like Arkham City). Right before the heavy hitters.

Also, Darksiders have A LOT more appeal than Rayman Origins (like 1000x).
I also loved and finished Rayman Origins, although I fail to see how that's relevant to our current discussion.

You're right, Darksiders has a lot more appeal than Rayman Origins. It also has a lot more appeal than any of those games that you listed as bombs from the summer last year, which is why I think it has a chance to be successful during that time period. Would it do better if it launched in October? We can't say for sure, but I see no reason for assuming such a thing.

Having never owned a home Nintendo console with the exception of the first NES, Darksiders was pretty much the first time I encountered exactly that type of gameplay, and I enjoyed it a great deal, as shameless as it may have been.

Darksiders 2 looks like it's adding even more stuff I like, so I'm probably going to be there day one (hopefully the PC version will suck a bit less, tho').

Looks cool. Not sure about the camera in some of the platforming parts, but it seems mostly pretty fun. The "drive a giant piece of shit around" gimmick in action adventure games is really cliche by now though. And it's almost always bad. Lol.

Almost?

Oh, and the platforming also looks nicely improved.

Thanks for posting the new vid, looks incredible.

Reminds me, I have Darksiders for 360 and have only made modest progress through it, despite loving it.

Should really get to that..

Woah. The game looks incredible. I love Darksiders 1 and 1000GSed it. And after I saw Kotaku's gameplay video, the game is not the same like DS1. It is different. Combat is much more fast paced and I hope it will be fun. The enviromnent design and enemy design is nice.

With games like that I don't really know why THQ does have so much problems.

Top Bottom