• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy Dragon's Dogma, Get Resident Evil 6 demo early (360 = July 3rd, PS3 = Sept 4th)

We’re pleased to announce that Dragon’s Dogma will be available for Xbox 360 and PS3 on May 25th in Europe! Also pleasing is that purchasers of Dragon’s Dogma will have the opportunity to be the first to experience a playable demo of Resident Evil 6, ahead of its release on November 20.

Retail versions of Dragon’s Dogma will contain a redeemable token that will allow owners to download the Resident Evil 6 demo. Purchasers of the Xbox 360 version of Dragon’s Dogma will be able to redeem this token and download the Resident Evil 6 demo globally on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 60 days earlier than any other platform beginning July 3! The demo for owners of the PlayStation 3 version of Dragon’s Dogma will go live on the PlayStationStore on September 4 in North America and Japan and September 5 in Europe.

Check back later for an incredible trailer for Dragon’s Dogma and lots more info!
http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2...te-plus-get-your-hands-on-the-re6-demo-early/

Xbox 360 player will be able to play the RE6 demo on July 3, PS3 owner of the game have to wait till September 4(NA, Japan) or September 5(Europe)

Update 1:

Update 2:

In case you didn't notice, the game has also been delayed until May 22nd, one week after Max Payne 3.

Update 3:
If you don't like these japanese symbols, you can get a trailer without them:

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
And this, my friends, is how to sell a brand new IP!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Buy new for something coming out in July or September! Please! We're good for it. Keep your eye off of those bomba bins. Look, the sparkly, the twinkly RE6 demo. Yes? Yes!

Games industry is reeking of more desperation these days than the bloke at my local market trying to flog rotten pears each and every weekend.

Kyoufu

I was always going to buy Dragon's Dogma, so this is a nice bonus. 60 days for a demo is ridiculous though.

The_Monk

Those 2 months difference is really something. After one week all videos/gameplay on the demo will be up on the internet either way.

Curufinwe

Buy new for something coming out in July or September! Please! We're good for it. Keep your eye off of those bomba bins. Look, the sparkly, the twinkly RE6 demo. Yes? Yes!

Games industry is reeking of more desperation these days than the bloke at my local market trying to flog rotten pears each and every weekend.

Why "these days"? Dragon Quest VIII had a FFXII demo back in 2005, and there was the MGS 2 demo with ZOE years before that.

Resilient

Well isn't that nice for 360 owners! Was gonna pick up DD anyway. Looking forward to this but still ever cautious.

Also, wait what?! RE6 is single player only?? Edit: damnit re, over shadowing DD already :(

Anteater

Not bad I guess, I hope the ps3 version of DD doesn't suck, on top of the having to wait a few months more than 360 users for the RE6 demo, and I hope the ps3 version of the RE6 demo doesn't suck.

Phenomic

360 demo coming two months earlier than the PS3 demo is some serious bullshit.

Yeah, I vehemently hate this kind of stuff. I don't want Dragons Dogma and this doesn't make me want to run out and buy it anymore than I have to. Maybe one of my friends will pick it up and I can play the demo at there house.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Well, I was going to buy Dragon's Dogma regardless, so bonus for me!

...DD isn't going to come out for the PC, I'm assuming?

Dragon's Dogma and Binary Domain are my 2 hopeful candidates for sleeper of the year. Both look like they might end up being very flawed but fun. I'm hoping at least one of them will be more fully realized then I'm expecting.

Elginer

Microsoft with the moneyhat trick once again. I expect a RE6 360 as well with this news later this year. Dragon's Dogma was already bought but not it's all the nicer. Thanks Capcom.

Top Bottom