• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy Dragon's Dogma, Get Resident Evil 6 demo early (360 = July 3rd, PS3 = Sept 4th)

ironcreed

Banned
The demo is probably time exclusive on 360 because it's the lead platform. PS3 version must run like shit right now or something.

That is what worries me and has me considering just going with the 360 version. Hopefully they release some good footage before hand, or at the very least, we get a demo for it.

Endo Punk

I hope Capcom does the same with DMC, arguably my favourite Capcom IP. RE future is guaranteed, despite a spin-off with ORC and a 3DS release Capcom managed to confirm RE6 before both even released. With DMC it just seems they don't give a crap or just want to hand over DMC to western devs.

Please confirm DMC5 by TGS Capcom! If you do I promise to buy RE6 though I have no interest!

monome

Monster designs in DD kick all kinds of ass.

Screw RE6.

DD is the evolution of Capcom!

I think both games are the showcasing how committed Capcom is to get a bigger slice of the western pie. It works on me at least, both are must-buys.

jet1911

I hope Capcom does the same with DMC, arguably my favourite Capcom IP. RE future is guaranteed, despite a spin-off with ORC and a 3DS release Capcom managed to confirm RE6 before both even released. With DMC it just seems they don't give a crap or just want to hand over DMC to western devs.

Please confirm DMC5 by TGS Capcom! If you do I promise to buy RE6 though I have no interest!

DMC isn't even out yet, you'll have your DMC5 in a couple of years. :p

KageMaru

Not by a long shot unfortunately: http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/lost-planet-2-performance-analysis

That blue line you see going all over the place is the PS3's framerate, that eventually tanks to a solid 20 fps.

The solid green line is the 360 at 30 fps.

The gameplay sections hold up better, but still drop.

Oh damn, that sucks. I was hoping with MT 2.0, they would have achieved close to parity. Maybe we'll see it with DD and RE6 just like we saw it with DMC4.

Only played the LP2 demo but it was pretty ugly on the ps3, I can't remember what the framerate was like though, but RE5 wasn't that great either, with some ugly temporal AA, blurry textures and slow downs :(

I'm probably going to get the ps3 version, but I'm not really going to be expecting much.

Yeah I remember RE5, mostly the difference in AA (QAA vs MSAA) which effected other elements. Would be nice if they adopted some form of MLAA or FXAA in the engine.

Globox_82

Banned
Ok now this is why I am not getting it. It was day one for me, but this way of treatment? Fuck you! I am going to buy used copy 5 months down the line.

Cool, looks like I'll be buying this $60 RE6 demo. And Dragon's Dogma seems like a nice little throw in.

I was buying Dragon's Dogma for 360 anyway. This is a nice surprise.

Hope you got some good money Capcom, because that is some BS for a demo. I don't understand it. I can understand for DLC but a DEMO? What are you trying to achieve with that? Dogma sales skewing to 360?

Also maybe I've been sleeping but is RE6 announced on PC as well, just like RE4 & 5? No demo for PC I guess....

Kusagari

I generally don't get up in arms about exclusivity or even timed demos, but what the hell...

Consumers on the PS3 are getting shafted big time. It's almost like Capcom saying, "Your money is good, but not as good as these 360 owners over here." Big time bullshit, Capcom.

They're getting nowhere near as shafted as 360 owners are with SFxTekken.

Hope you got some good money Capcom, because that is some BS for a demo. I don't understand it. I can understand for DLC but a DEMO? What are you trying to achieve with that? Dogma sales skewing to 360?

Also maybe I've been sleeping but is RE6 announced on PC as well, just like RE4 & 5? No demo for PC I guess....
Resident Evil 6 on PC will be released after the Console version. So PC will have to wait. Maybe they announced a PC version with a RE6 demo?

I'm not pissed about 360 getting the RE6 demo two months early....

..i'm pissed Europe's getting Dragons Dogma nearly 2 months after everyone else. Fucking capcom. :l

Koyuga

Im not sure what capcom is trying to do here, do they want me to buy an xbox or something? I dont know if I can take the 60 day exclusive.

Hopefully by the time the ps3 demo is out Dragon's Dogma will be cheaper. So I guess its better for me to wait on buying the game! Thanks Capcom.

Grisby

Biggest news for me is DD being delayed till May in the US. Kinda nice, as I was hoping to not get burnt out on ME3 first. SO yeah, RE6 demo is a nice added bonus.

Although, the 2 month deal is shit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm not pissed about 360 getting the RE6 demo two months early....

..i'm pissed Europe's getting Dragons Dogma nearly 2 months after everyone else. Fucking capcom. :l

US date is no longer March. They're now both May.

Khezu

That is one bland looking dragon, like they modeled it after a really old MtG card.

Aesthetically this game really isn't doing it for me, it looks so weird and sterile.

Hope the gameplay is awesome.

Aww sucks it was delay since it was the Q1 release I was most looking forward too. It was probably a smart decision though plus it frees up some money for me for the Vita in march

I really liked the trailers. Only the one pawn's voice acting felt weak, everyone else seemed fine. Also looks like we have a nice creepy villain. Its been awhile since a game gave me someone who is fun to hate

curious to see the game that has tied up most of Capcom Japan's talent and money these last few years. Now that production is over I'm wondering if development will start shifting over to NextBox/PS4/WiiU or if they'll split teams and make a couple more nice sized productions for this gen?

I'm buying RE6 in November one way or another, so the demo isn't a huge issue to me. :p

sleepykyo

It is one of the bigger slaps to the face of PS3 I can recall. As you said, it is indeed as if those who buy their game are not as worthy as those who buy it on the 360. No matter, I still plan on buying it for PS3 anyway, but this honestly makes me wonder about the quality of the PS3 version.

Kind of makes me think that as the PS3 version of RE6 is in really rough shape and likely to be completely awful. I was hoping that they would have improved the PS3 version from RE5, but I have the feeling it is going in the opposite direction.

SykoTech

Capcom just likes pissing off people on all sides, don't they?

Next up: Mega Man Legends 3 green lit! Now a PSVita exclusive.

hamchan

Sept 4th huh? 2 month delay eh? I'm willing to wait and see if Dragon's Dogma reaches bomba price before then Capcom.

Kusagari

it seems currently the relationship between SONY and CAPCOM is worse than ever....

street-fighter-x-tekken-ps3-vita-exclusive-characters-mega-man-pac-man-e1327639483324.jpg

Street-Fighter-x-Tekken-PS3-PS-Vita-Pac-Man-and-Mega-Man.jpg

Sfxtekken_cole.jpg

sfxt-toro-kuro-screensa_20636.nphd.jpg

sleepykyo

If it's MT Frameworks it might not be. DMC4 for example was better on PS3 (60 fps realtime cutscenes).

That's a long time ago. Capcom games on the PS3 have been getting progressively worse since. RE5 was significantly worse on the PS3 as well, though given the tank controls performance issues were a lesser issue.

So an even more action orientated RE + an even worse performance gap indicated by the 2 month gap = ps3 RE6 is going to be shit.

Top Bottom