• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy Dragon's Dogma, Get Resident Evil 6 demo early (360 = July 3rd, PS3 = Sept 4th)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I just hope the AI on the pawns is decent and there isn't too much pathfinding babysitting. If it is then I'll just think of it like the party members in Skyrim or Dragon's Age. I didn't find myself wishing for MP in those games.

From what I've seen, it looks like everyone in the party has pretty decent traversal ability (grabbing, climbing, scaling, jumping). I hope that means pathfinding won't be broken.

Ryuuga

Banned
Have you ever tried your best to get interested in a game but just couldn't? That's what I'm going through with this game.

cevansdust

Neo Member
Alot of people on gaf abuse righteous indignation too often

Instead of being happy that a game they wanted to buy is giving them a preview of a game they also want to buy at no extra cost, some people get so mad that other people are getting it first they choose not to buy the game they wanted in the first place

on PRINCIPLE

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Nizz

Man, I can get (somewhat) a month long exclusive demo but two months? A lot of this exclusive shit is getting out of hand. :/

Will the demo eventually be available to all besides the "Dogma" buyers before release?

Coxy

Alot of people on gaf abuse righteous indignation too often

Instead of being happy that a game they wanted to buy is giving them a preview of a game they also want to buy at no extra cost, some people get so mad that other people are getting it first they choose not to buy the game they wanted in the first place

on PRINCIPLE

i7DXh.gif

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Pretty sure a lot of people do think that. A good business decision, probably not. But it is zero loss to Dragon's Dogma. So most likely, those are just people who weren't really interested anyways or console specific fanboys.

Now real talk is about the lack of online which still makes no sense for what the game appears to be. Coop with two AI partners.

DD is confirmed to be 360 lead. RE6 is most likely 360 lead too.

Isn't Framework PC? So 360 is the easier port, while PS3 is second. But the PS3 has never been a slouch either in previous MT titles, so I see no reason for concern.

Nizz

Damn. Hope they have a better handle on MT Framework with RE this time. PS3 version of RE5 wasn't ugly but I remember it missing stuff the 360 version had. 360 version also ran better.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
http://i.imgur.com/i7DXh.gif

I've never seen an image that summed up GAF so well.

What planet do you guys live on where getting bonus free promotional material after someone else counts as "getting fucked"? Material you didn't even know existed before today

You gotta have some really warped sense of entitlement and reality to get legitimately mad over this.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Like I said on the last page, if you were a primarily a PC gamer you would have been used to this second class treatment long ago.

No kidding. We don't even know when the game is coming out. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, though.

Emitan

What planet do you guys live on where getting bonus free promotional material after someone else counts as "getting fucked"? Material you didn't even know existed before today

You gotta have some really warped sense of entitlement and reality to get legitimately mad over this.

I'm not mad about this. I just meant in general. People on GAF will defend anything. This hardly registers for me, but that's probably more because I don't care about RE!

Seik

Banned
It isn't a low blow though. Capcom is being nice enough to let the PS3 user base know upfront the PS3 version is shit. Would you rather have them pull a Skyrim?

Well, the 360 is getting superior performance. So I wouldn't call that nothing.

It's getting cold here. D:

I try to stay positive! After all that time maybe Capcom won't fuck this up, they must have a better knowledge about the PS3 than 3 years ago with RE5. XD

Vamphuntr

An exclusive demo is so bizarre. Especially since both demos will be out way before the game is released and that both versions of the game are released on the same day. If you have both consoles you can still chose which version of the game you want to buy by trying the demo on both...

Moneyhat or issues with the PS3 build?

ace3skoot

did sony do something to piss capcom off or something? I mean all the big titles are coming to PS3 cause lets face it, its free money, but after MH to 3DS and this you have to wonder.

maybe sony are just refusing to pay the moneyhats these days :p

Emitan

did sony do something to piss capcom off or something? I mean all the big titles are coming to PS3 cause lets face it, its free money, but after MH to 3DS and this you have to wonder.

maybe sony are just refusing to pay the moneyhats these days :p

Sony said that they weren't allowed to put Monster Hunter on Vita so they've been giving them the shaft.

lol

Kyoufu

Isn't Framework PC? So 360 is the easier port, while PS3 is second. But the PS3 has never been a slouch either in previous MT titles, so I see no reason for concern.

Yeah you're right. They did say in a tweet that the PS3 version won't be any different. Hopefully they can pull it off.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

Can I get a link confirming DD as 360 lead? I've seen mixed footage of both the ps3 and 360 versions.

This 2 month exclusivity is straight BS for a highly anticipated demo. The PS3 version better not be sub-par with RE6 and DD or that's just insult to injury.

Also about the MT framework PC misconception, they don't mean they develop the game for PC then port, but they use PC's to make the game for consoles as what all devs do.

Not sure if this is good new for DD, if the game sells, let's say 2 millions, how is Capcom gonna know if the sales are because the game or because the demo?, obviously people will buy the game because they like it, but how will meassure the % buying the game or % buying the demo?.

Anyway, the trailer was great. Day one and glad that it's a worldwide release.

Not sure if this is good new for DD, if the game sells, let's say 2 millions, how is Capcom gonna know if the sales are because the game or because the demo?, obviously people will buy the game because they like it, but how will meassure the % buying the game or % buying the demo?.
Sales are sales, so they don't care to an extent. They do get data from achievements/trophies, though, so they'll have an idea of how many people touched the game and what they did.

Wow, two months is super crazy.

Also, what's to stop someone from just buying the game when the actual demo is available, by which time the game will be in the bargain bin? Is the voucher limited to the first run or something?

jackdoe

Wow, two months is super crazy.

Also, what's to stop someone from just buying the game when the actual demo is available, by which time the game will be in the bargain bin? Is the voucher limited to the first run or something?
The way the press release reads, it seems like the demo will be available to all after the DD early headstart. Maybe October or November? By then DD would be like $20 if it bombs like Lost Planet 2 and it all becomes moot.

BS about the demo aside, I'm looking forward to the game a little more than I was before after those trailers. Wonder how much it says about that though since the thing I liked most about this trailer was the J-Rock band and singing in Engrish...

AZ2002

Banned
i refuse to buy Dragon Dogma just to get a demo for dudebro evil 6.i am not buying that also anyway.i am content with resident evil 4 that i bought a week ago on my PS3 (thanx mikami for a great game).

PS: LOL at MS moneyhatting Crapcom for demo exclusivity it looks like Crapcom is willing to sell their loyal fans and franchises for the highest bidder. :/

I am looking forward to DD and really don't care to much about RE6 but anyone surprised at Capcom or Activision showing the 360 special preference has not been paying attention.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What did Sony do to Capcom ? Damn.... after MH now this, they really dont care.

MoxManiac

I hate this trend of putting in desirable demos to sell undesirable games. Hopefully the demo will hit the networks seperately. :/

This sucks but it isn't new, PSN has had several exclusive demos as Live has. Actually, iirc Marvel VS Capcom 2's demo was exclusive to PSN.

AZ2002

Banned
What did Sony do to Capcom ? Damn.... after MH now this, they really dont care.

Crapcom always do this shit with Sony even though the PS3 is their best console Profit wise this generation as it is with other big japanese gaming companies like konami,SE ...etc.remember resident evil 4 fiasco and the famous mikami quote about cutting his own head if it was released on the PS2.and we have the PSP resi and dmc never showed up on the system even though they announced them.but in the end they always come back crawling to the playstation system as they are not profitable without it period ;)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I hate this trend of putting in desirable demos to sell undesirable games. Hopefully the demo will hit the networks seperately. :/

It's a double surprise for me, since it's a desirable demo in the same box as a desirable game!

Takao

Banned
It's kind of terrible how Capcom could leverage the RE6 PS3 demo and Resident Evil: Retribution - a film Sony pays, for marketing as both come out early September...

Top Bottom