• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy Dragon's Dogma, Get Resident Evil 6 demo early (360 = July 3rd, PS3 = Sept 4th)

It's funny seeing GAF getting worked up over a timed-exclusive pre-release demo, but nobody bats an eye at the fact that Resident Evil 6 has 3 retailer-exclusive maps being withheld from the final product.

I aint even mad, because I own all three current gen consoles. I just won't buy RE6, they pulled this shit with SfVsT, wont be buying that either. When will capcom learn?

goldenpp72

[Clark Gable];34722559 said:
I aint even mad, because I own all three current gen consoles. I just won't buy RE6, they pulled this shit with SfVsT, wont be buying that either. When will capcom learn?

Seems a bit idiotic to pass on a game that is releasing the same day as the other because.. a demo which is still releasing way before the retail release is temporarily exclusive? People these days, I guess it would be fine if there was no demo at all huh.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So most people on gaf are fine with capcom giving 5 fighters exclusively to a single platform in a fighting game, but not with a system getting a demo 2 months later? Alrighty!

I'm not sure how DD is going to turn out, so I'll have to wait and see.

sleepykyo

It's funny seeing GAF getting worked up over a timed-exclusive pre-release demo, but nobody bats an eye at the fact that Resident Evil 6 has 3 retailer-exclusive maps being withheld from the final product.

There were some post regarding that in the announcement trailer thread.

Satchel

Banned
Well, if Dragon's Dogma is as enjoyable a game as Crackdown was, I'm sold.

It's good when a company is realistic enough to know they've made a great game that won't sell on it's own 2 feet.

Crackdown was amazing, and most of us wouldn't have known that if it wasn't for the Halo 3 Beta. Dragon's Dogma will hopefully be just as good. Trailer looks nice enough.

Isn't there a way to download the demo from 'usual' sources and put them on USB stick with proper folder structure? Probably illegal but afaik you don't have to modify your 360.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Learned a new word for the day: Moneyhat/ting.

Thanks, Gaf!

Moneyhatting has actually been around for a while. It's derived from the Penny Arcade comic featuring Lorne Lanning from Oddworld Inhabitants.

Kusagari

[Clark Gable];34722559 said:

Not buying a game because of a timed demo is absurd.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I think early demo access to future games is a great way to promote buying new.

That said, giving one platform a two month lead on the demo is crazy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Isn't there a way to download the demo from 'usual' sources and put them on USB stick with proper folder structure? Probably illegal but afaik you don't have to modify your 360.

Yeah, I would think it's still possible. I remember they accidentally(?) put the RE5 demo up early on the JP 360 marketplace before, and a lot of people were able to download it online and move the folders onto a drive and transfer.

StuBurns

Banned
You know it's because no one gives a fuck about the multiplayer.

Anth0ny

I was thinking of that, but they wouldn't actually let people do that this time around, would they? The RE5 demo was free. The RE6 demo is going to be $60 with a free game.

Dariso

Neo Member
I hope this time Capcom does a better job regarding the ps3 version and we can get console parity(most likely not lol).

Haunted

Didn't know that. I was about to bitch about it in the RE6 thread but then I realised that it's multiplayer maps. No one gives a shit about RE multiplayer.

JJD

PS3 owner here. I'm following this game since it was announced, and it was a day 1 buy for me. Considering this shitty demo exclusivity agreement and the size of my backlog I will wait until the RE6 demo is available to the PS3 and DD has reached the bargain bins.

I still hope it sells though, otherwise Capcom may shy away from original IPs and keep pumping sequel after sequel. They just won't get my money at first.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Alot of people on gaf abuse righteous indignation too often

Instead of being happy that a game they wanted to buy is giving them a preview of a game they also want to buy at no extra cost, some people get so mad that other people are getting it first they choose not to buy the game they wanted in the first place

on PRINCIPLE

Eurocult

Disappointing, but not entirely surprising. The XBL Resident Evil 5 demo had a one week head start over the PSN version. 2 months for RE6 though? That shit is crazy.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
How does this game not have multiplayer?

yeah, this game would be fucking KILLER with multiplayer. It's a really missed opportunity, but I'm still pretty excited about the game.

Emitan

Hard to expect them to sell anything when they aren't released here.

True, but I'm thinking more of my copy of Freedom Unite that I never played for more than 5 hours because I wanted to play multiplayer. I got Tri a few days ago and already have 12 hours clocked.

yeah, this game would be fucking KILLER with multiplayer. It's a really missed opportunity, but I'm still pretty excited about the game.

I just hope the AI on the pawns is decent and there isn't too much pathfinding babysitting. If it is then I'll just think of it like the party members in Skyrim or Dragon's Age. I didn't find myself wishing for MP in those games.

C-Jo

True, but I'm thinking more of my copy of Freedom Unite that I never played for more than 5 hours because I wanted to play multiplayer. I got Tri a few days ago and already have 12 hours clocked.

Yeah, I hear you. Although I'm somewhat more forgiving of a 2008/2009 game than I will be with Tri G.

Top Bottom