• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy Dragon's Dogma, Get Resident Evil 6 demo early (360 = July 3rd, PS3 = Sept 4th)

360 demo two months before PS3 demo? what the hell? I mean, I'm getting the game on 360 so it doesn't necessarily matter to me personally but that is so fucking stupid. Then again, Capcom.

Tiktaalik

I wasn't really paying attention to Dragon's Dogma at all, but now I gotta say the chances of me getting Dragon's Dogma day one are a lot higher now.

keit4

Banned
I wonder how many people who complains about this two months exclusive demo complained about the extra characters on the PS3 version of SFxT. Double standard everywhere.

Takao

Banned
What about this makes you think they're angry? Did you ask what MS did to make Capcom so mad in the SFxT exclusive characters thread?

It's a culmination of things. Whenever the option is someone who isn't Sony, Capcom seems to choose it. Early on this gen with the 360/Wii exclusives where there were none for PS3, the god awful Vita lineup they have, etc.

Quadratic

A lot of people complained about the Sony exclusives for StreetfighterxTekken because it means all of those characters are banned from tournaments and 5 slots taken that could have been in all versions.

Kyoufu

It's a culmination of things. Whenever the option is someone who isn't Sony, Capcom seems to choose it. Early on this gen with the 360/Wii exclusives where there were none for PS3, the god awful Vita lineup they have, etc.

Sony aren't top dogs any more. Capcom, like any other business go where the money is.

How is their Vita line-up awful? They have a launch game and then a cross-platform SF x Tekken with exclusive characters, then whatever else they have to announce. Vita isn't even released outside of Asia and you're already complaining?

StuBurns

Banned
When there were 360 exclusives, there wasn't a PS3. Capcom are fully multiplatform, but they can't magic a PS3 into existence.

There's no reason to give either HD systems exclusives, and once the option not do to so was there, they never did. Capcom had one launch title for both portable systems, SSF4 and UMvC3, a quick and dirty port of their newest fighting game each.

Grecco

Again. SF x Tekken.

Takao

Banned
Sony aren't top dogs any more. Capcom, like any other business go where the money is.

How is their Vita line-up awful? They have a launch game and then a cross-platform SF x Tekken with exclusive characters, then whatever else they have to announce. Vita isn't even released outside of Asia and you're already complaining?

This is the same company that once bet on the Dreamcast, and Gamecube. I don't think top dog matters.

As for their Vita lineup, I've been complaining about it since it was revealed. They have 2 fighting game ports - a genre that has never been very popular on handhelds, compared to the pre-3DS release support of Resident Evil: Revelations, Mercenaries 3D, Megaman Legends 3, and yes, a fighting game port. A few of those could (maybe should) have been multiplatform given they were built on MTFramework, but they aren't...

Capcom's Vita lineup is horrible now? They're one of the only companies even supporting the thing.

Konami has more Vita games publically known to be in development than Capcom does.

Konami.

Haunted

Skyrim doesn't have co-op? What's the point?

Dragon Age doesn't have co-op? What's the point?

etc.
Oh c'mon. Its structure seems to be much closer to Monster Hunter and Lost Planet 2 (with a focus on tackling large monsters along with several other characters) than the games you mentioned, so I can see where the criticism is coming from.

I'm fine with it, though.

Kusagari

Capcom's 3DS support makes sense to me. They know that the PSP was basically dead everywhere but Japan. They're trying to get some kind of footing on 3DS, because it's a safer bet.

Almost every company is being extremely cautious with Vita support, not just Capcom.

Edit: Konami isn't, but Konami isn't exactly a brilliant company lulz.

Skyrim doesn't have co-op? What's the point?

Dragon Age doesn't have co-op? What's the point?

etc.

To be fair these games got criticised for their lack of co-op too. But I agree, I like my RPGs to be single player

They should have some sort of co-op for those who wanted it, just keep it out of the story. Off the top of my head I know Two Worlds II and White Knight both have seperate co-op campaigns

Takao

Banned
Capcom's 3DS support makes sense to me. They know that the PSP was basically dead everywhere but Japan. They're trying to get some kind of footing on 3DS, because it's a safer bet.

Almost every company is being extremely cautious with Vita support, not just Capcom.

Edit: Konami isn't, but Konami isn't exactly a brilliant company lulz.

Except a lot of publishers have more than Capcom does in the pipeline. Of the major Japanese publishers (SEGA, Konami, Square Enix, Scamco, etc.) Capcom has the worst lineup in terms of numbers, despite having the largest success on PSP. Heck, even Koei Tecmo has pledged more support to the platform than Capcom has.

You don't know that they aren't, that doesn't mean they aren't.

Late ports going from a larger userbase to a smaller one always do well.

I generally don't get up in arms about exclusivity or even timed demos, but what the hell...

Consumers on the PS3 are getting shafted big time. It's almost like Capcom saying, "Your money is good, but not as good as these 360 owners over here." Big time bullshit, Capcom.

Funny... I'd say the same thing about some of the extra's PS3 players got from Ubisoft for the Assassins Creed franchise.

KageMaru

A lot of people complained about the Sony exclusives for StreetfighterxTekken because it means all of those characters are banned from tournaments and 5 slots taken that could have been in all versions.

Is there a thread announcing the exclusives for SFxTekken? I tried searching and didn't come up with anything. Curious to see if the same people bitching about the gap in demo dates also bitched about the exclusive characters.

Xpliskin

Damn, resident evil is my weak spot.

Yes, I'll be of the ones who'll buy DD just to play the demo.

Fantasy lost planet is bonus to me :D

jackdoe

Haha. I suppose PS3 owners should buy the game 60 days later in response!

But seriously, I'm assuming the "early demo" will be what's available at E3 and I'm hoping it ends up being a repeat of the RE5 demo situation where the 360 can play the demo off a burned disc cause I'm just not interested in Dragon's Dogma.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh c'mon. Its structure seems to be much closer to Monster Hunter and Lost Planet 2 (with a focus on tackling large monsters along with several other characters) than the games you mentioned, so I can see where the criticism is coming from.

I'm fine with it, though.

The game's structure is still largely unknown.

Producers have said it's now an open world RPG in interviews, but other people have reported that at presentations missions we're broken up into encounter segments like monster hunter.

Actually the trailer looks pretty awesome, will grab when bombs, because I have enough games tom play for months and since the RE6 demo won't come for months on the PS3, I have no hurry.

sorry if Off-topic:
I can't create threads yet
It seems something dead space related is going to be announced soon ( Dead space 3?)

check out the ad on www.gametrailers.com

The background image reads
http://gametrailers.mtvnimages.com/images/skins/GT_DeadSpace2_HPSkin_FINAL.jpg

This must be some early teasing, or something else (game informer's next cover?
ea trying to steal some thunder from the re6 announcement?)

I can't see the add, but that background image is from the DS2 horrible marketing campaign.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
sorry if Off-topic:
I can't create threads yet
It seems something dead space related is going to be announced soon ( Dead space 3?)

check out the ad on www.gametrailers.com

The background image reads
http://gametrailers.mtvnimages.com/images/skins/GT_DeadSpace2_HPSkin_FINAL.jpg

This must be some early teasing, or something else (game informer's next cover?
ea trying to steal some thunder from the re6 announcement?)

I think it's just a Game Trailers site error because we're almost exactly one year after Dead Space 2 released, so their ad database might be pulling from the right date but wrong year.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So after reading this news, I decide to change my Dragon's Dogma preorder from PS3 to 360 and...what the hell? Dragon's Dogma isn't even covered by Amazon Prime right now. What bullshit is this?

EDIT: Now it is, I guess. It wasn't earlier today.

Top Bottom