• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ has pre-order bonuses (with screenshots)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/tales-of-graces-f/92854#bonusFeatures

Nostalgic Outfits from the Japanese version of Tales of Destiny 1 &2: Not only will these costumes gives Asbel, Sophie, and Richard a whole new look, wearing them will change the battle music as well!

XMB Theme: Customize your XMB with the Tales of Graces f theme. With graceful icons and dynamic wallpaper, youll live and breathe Tales of Graces f in-and-out of the game!

agNvW.jpg

7lnXB.jpg

01btt.jpg

Aeana

Westerners don't even have any nostalgia for Tales of Destiny 2. Probably wouldn't even recognize the Kyle costume.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
They all look kind of weird on them anyways. I only used Sophie's when I played the Japanese version and that was only because I liked the music. I'll stick to my $20 off pre-order from Amazon.

Rarutos

Off the Facebook page:
Pre-order Tales of Graces f at any U.S. GameStop or Canadian EB Games to receive an exclusive Tales of Destiny DLC costume pack when you pick up your copy of the game on March 13th.

Along with the Tales of Destiny costume pack, players will also receive a free Tales of Graces f XMB theme with “graceful” icons and dynamic wallpaper. The Tales of Destiny DLC costume pack pre-order bonus is exclusive to GameStop and EB Games, and will not be available for future download.
So if anyone wants these costumes, they have to preorder.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
After tax, nearly $25 more than my $40 Amazon preorder. I wonder if people online will be selling unwanted DLC codes for less than that. Decisions, decisions...

Yeah, I'll stick with Amazon. The difference almost brings me halfway to another game at MSRP in March.

Sagitario

Westerners don't even have any nostalgia for Tales of Destiny 2. Probably wouldn't even recognize the Kyle costume.

But the battle music D: , that's the important thing (and what I really care about).

Fuck this GS exclusive bussines, what about people outside US [you know, the rest of America :(]?

I am planning on buying it from CDUniverse.

Thoraxes

Can't wait to sell pre-order DLC on the internet again.

I love not giving a crap about it because I save money on the games in the end.

Tales of Destiny 2j or Tales of Eternia? Because the character in the back looks a little like Reid...

Also, as someone who just started playing Tales of Destiny a couple days ago, this'll be interesting to me.

RPGCrazied

I was hoping for a steel case like Vesperia, but I'm just happy to get the game period. Nice you get a couple of free costumes, you know later will sell for $3 each on PSN. I wonder what the theme looks like. I hope its a dynamic one. I doubt it though.

Nice to see it doesn't bump the price up at all.

EDIT:

I need to learn how to read the OP. :p It is a dynamic theme, sweet.

Did Graces F ever get Tales of Phantasia costumes?

Nope. It mostly have costumes from the recent games, the furthest one is of course a Leon costume.

Tales of Destiny 2j or Tales of Eternia? Because the character in the back looks a little like Reid...

Also, as someone who just started playing Tales of Destiny a couple days ago, this'll be interesting to me.
Tales of Destiny 2j.

I guess to clear it up:
Asbel is dressed like Kyle, the hero from ToD2.
Sophie is dressed like Rutee, from ToD.
Richard is dressed like Judas from ToD2.

Seda

Are these the first English screens of the game? lol

and $40 Amazon order trumps costumes, and regardless of what they say, they'll probably be sold later.

RPGCrazied

Are these the first English screens of the game? lol

and $40 Amazon order trumps costumes, and regardless of what they say, they'll probably be sold later.

I'm thinking so. I just noticed they were in English. Better late than never I suppose.

Seda

I recognized the Rutee costume, but not the other 2 (who are apparently Kyle and Judas from the Japanese Destiny 2.)

Yeah, silly choice for pre-order bonus costumes.

Rarutos

I recognized the Rutee costume, but not the other 2 (who are apparently Kyle and Judas from the Japanese Destiny 2.)

Yeah, silly choice for pre-order bonus costumes.

To be fair, they were the preorder bonuses for the Japanese release, too.

RetroMG

I'll bite. I love having different looks for the characters in the Tales games, and I like picking up games from Gamestop. (I have one of the apparently rare stores with good employees, and my Amazon orders always show up really late in the evening)

Paznos

GS exclusive? Guess I'll have to deal with getting it for $19.99($39.99 Amazon pre-order price and $20 credit.)

I miss physical pre-order bonuses like soundtracks, plushies, key-chains, posters, etc.

Regardless, can't wait for this. For anyone that has already played it, how you say the battle system and story compares to Vesperia and Symphonia?

Rarutos

It's on the J PSN store, but it sure ain't free.
I got one for preordering the Japanese version for free.

Here's a sample of it (one of maybe ~10 different pictures? One for each playable character, a group shot of the girls like below, the guys, and a background image. I forget if there was one of all of the playable characters or not), I took this picture a while back:
PKj1W.jpg

Of course, they could be giving out a completely different theme, but I'm assuming it's going to be this one.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My body is ready (not for the costumes, but at least they change the battle theme; I mean the game). I definitely can't wait to play this game again because the systems are soooo goooood.

Aeana said:
I was thinking the same thing, lol. Yes, Namco's super-smart--give the North Americans costumes for a game they haven't played!

Top Bottom