• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why The Lakers Should Trade Kobe Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.

filler

Banned
Not cool. Most of NBA GAF is cool, I've talked with some since the incident, it's too bad their thread had shitheels who felt it was their thread to shit on others. I don't think it's anyone's place to question moderation but I hope that they can get a new thread soon to actually discuss NBA matters.

What incident?

Mothman91

Anyway, If Kobe keeps on putting up shit numbers, like the last two games. He needs to retire, or just become a guy who only jacks up 15 shots max. Become a better distributor.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I love you OP! I can't stand Kobe and also how the media is picking him as a nominee for MVP. What a joke. It's clear Kobe is playing to prove something for himself rather than trying to win games. He has never won without dominant big men on his team and never will.

Also can't stand how they say he's the best player since Jordan. Lol. Lebron say hi. Kobe has never played at the level Lebron is playing right now, on both ends of the court. If Lebron wanted to be a chucker like Kobe, he's average well over 30.

Kobe to get MDP. Most Destructive Player.

Dhx

Shitting up the thread with backseat modding is annoying. I would think the mods can make up their own minds on the thread.

On topic: Does Kobe not have a no-trade clause that he can option? I'll agree completely that he's a volume scorer at this point in his career.

TheNatural

My Member!
Kobe got most of his rings because of Shaq, and much like the new "shit" era of the NBA, he's overrated, whiny, and worthless. Kobe in the 80's to late 90's would have been another Larry Johnson or equivalent. An ok player that can't stand with the greats. He's benefitted from the help of a much, much superior player most of his career and a weak era.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I love you OP! I can't stand Kobe and also how the media is picking him as a nominee for MVP. What a joke. It's clear Kobe is playing to prove something for himself rather than trying to win games. He has never won without dominant big men on his team and never will.

Also can't stand how they say he's the best player since Jordan. Lol. Lebron say hi. Kobe has never played at the level Lebron is playing right now, on both ends of the court. If Lebron wanted to be a chucker like Kobe, he's average well over 30.

0073_9x6v.gif

On Topic:

As a laker fan; Kobe upsets me more times than none. Regardless he's been doing this for years. Jacking up shots contested, uncontested; just all around bad shots at times. Thing is he is the face of the franchise right now. Much as I hate to see my team struggle I can't see them without Kobe. I mean Kobe in another uniform is like seeing Peyton Manning wearing something other than the horsesho.......

THRILLH0

Banned
Dude, what we're you expecting? You went against what Evilore said not to do and you already have nbagaf tards trolling the thread.

NBA age aren't the ones fucking up this thread.

As for trading Kobe, his contract makes it impossible for them to get even close to equal value for him.

Not happening.

3. Andrew Bynum has arrived

By all statistical analyses, Andrew Bynum should be getting the most shots of anyone on the 2012 Lakers squad. With higher minutes, he's getting career averages across the board and he'd be even better if Kobe wasn't busy shooting 24 times a game. Additionally, Bynum is showing he has the clutch gene. Bynum is more than capable of being a 4th quarter closer. His 82 Games clutch stats show a 83% field goal clip, and he's shooting 75% from the stripe. Bynum's defensive effort has taken a big jump too. He's rebounding more and blocking/altering more shots than ever. Kobe's insistence on being "the guy" is serving as a progress stopper. The Lakers would be a more efficient and tougher opponent if Kobe would embrace the sidekick role like he did with Shaq, but that's not happening. Can you see Kobe pulling a Tim Duncan and letting Tony Parker take over as the scoring leader? Exactly...

bynum1ha3.jpg

nns3d

huh?

SoilBreak

Banned

SzZVb.gif

Not cool. Most of NBA GAF is cool, I've talked with some since the incident, it's too bad their thread had shitheels who felt it was their thread to shit on others. I don't think it's anyone's place to question moderation but I hope that they can get a new thread soon to actually discuss NBA matters.

Banning the responsible parties seems like a much more logical solution. Gaf going offline earlier is basically what NBAgaf being down feels like to me as someone who almost exclusively posts there. Unless that has already been answered I think that's a fair way to question the Mods who thought locking the entire thread was the best course of action.

Messi

This thread is sadly not helping real NBA-Gaf's chances of getting their thread back.

:/

Edit: I would feel like shit if the football thread got locked on GAF, I pretty much only post in there.

Jerry Buss has said in the past that Kobe has been worth as much as $80 million a year to his franchise.

This thread should be titled, "Why NBA fans are not General Managers."

This is either the best troll post

or the fuckin' worst

Banning the responsible parties seems like a much more logical solution. Gaf going offline earlier is basically what NBAgaf being down feels like to me as someone who almost exclusively posts there. Unless that has already been answered I think that's a fair way to question the Mods who thought locking the entire thread was the best course of action.

So PM them about it. If you guys know there are troublemakers and shitheels who need to be culled, out them.

Cloudy

Banned

Seriously it's ridiculous. I post in there 90% of the time and suddenly my GAF experience is diminished because of...I don't even know what happened lol

Why not just ban the actual offenders like EVERY other time on GAF? Why must the all the NBA folks be punished for what INDIVIDUAL posters do?

Fatalah

Dude, what we're you expecting? You went against what Evilore said not to do and you already have nbagaf tards trolling the thread.
I never knew the NBA thread was so hated until the thread was locked. Comments like yours continue to surprise me.

Kobe's blood spinning surgery will extend his career, and basketball fans are lucky for it.

Purexed

Banned
So Kobe's monetary and revenue value outstrip the problems we are seeing on the court? Will see on the court? I care about the next 10 years, not the next three...

Cloudy

Banned
As far as the OP, this is insane. The Lakers are not in the playoffs without Kobe. Yeah he's been off the last 2 games but he's been carrying the team all year. Suddenly Bynum has a few monster games and you wanna throw the old man out the door?

THRILLH0

Banned
So PM them about it. If you guys know there are troublemakers and shitheels who need to be culled, out them.

Im a low volume poster in the NBA thread but its clear I'm the straw that broke the camel's back.

I've pm'd evilore and attempted to contact him on irc offering to cop 6 months on the sidelines in return for NBA gaf getting their thread back.

No response.

Many people are and were banned for things posted in the NBA thread, it's not quite the wild west as it's perceived. Two mods are well known members, one of which comes through on an almost daily basis.

And it's my understanding that things that got the community in hot water occurred outside of the thread itself. Those who stick to the community can hardly be blamed for that.

Canuck76

Banned
I never knew the NBA thread was so hated until the thread was locked. Comments like yours continue to surprise me.

Kobe's blood spinning surgery will extend his career, and basketball fans are lucky for it.

Yeah the haters coming out of the woodwork.

I'm just in this to say yo, I'm not in this, this is bad thread everybody this should have never been made.

Culled for what? Nothing in the thread seemed out of the ordinary, 99% of it was normal basketball discussion just like it's always been. I've no clue why it was locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom