• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: The Last Guardian still in development, but... (No Show at E3?)

BY2K

Membero Americo
From twitter:

Jim Reilly said:
Jim Reilly ‏ @jimreilly

Sony: "The Last Guardian continues to be developed, however we have no news to share at this time with regard to the franchise and E3."

Not sure if it means it will be a no show or not.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
UE48f.gif

Everything about the development of this game is hilarious now.

They really should just go dark until three months from launch and then drown us in hype...until then...just hush.

Duffyside

Banned
Sigh, I would like to play this, but I'm starting to just wish Sony would cancel it. I think I like Playstation more than whatever this game will be, considering the time and money it's taken, and am starting to think I would rather see Sony spend their time and money elsewhere.

Hmm, that seems more like it will be at E3 than it won't be.

If it's not going to be there, why not just say so? That way people aren't disappointed about it at the show.

Missed the hype train and will be a bomb Im guessing. Sadly it will be put on the list of games with high profile names attached to them with huge budgets and long development times that will see a much lower then expected sales.
Sad, they could have really made a bundle if this game was released a hell of alot closer to its first showing to the public.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
They are probably struggling to get the game running on PS3. I think making it a PS4 launch title would be a best bet due to obvious reasons. I would rather prefer to play an ambitious game which showcases the hardware than something like this.

This is like the Half-Life 3 of the PS3. You can't hurt me anymore. I'm over it. Either switch development to the PS4 or cancel it. This is going to be one of those games that comes two years after the next console launches isn't it.

I'll take it as good news that he chose to respond to a tweet about TLG. If they aren't going to show it, it'd be better for them to say nothing at all.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Not surprising. Game is never coming out.

Soon to be some kind of vaporware a la FFXIIIVersus?

Soon to be? Still in development or not, I've pretty much considered it vaporware a good year or two ago. I'll change my stance when they have some new gameplay footage...so never.

GeoramA

I had a tiny fragment of hope that we would hear something about it. Goddamn this is frustrating...I can only imagine what the TLG team feels like.

TLG is really giving Versus a run for it's money for vapourware of the generation.

Final Fantasy XIII Versus - Announced E3 2006, hardly started production at that point, in development since 2005 or so, about 7 years into development.

The Last Guardian - Announced E3 2009, started development in 2006, almost 6 years into development.

They're about equal at this point.

DJIzana

Sounds like someone I know... Oh wait! :p

Nomura-40-years.jpg

All good though... at least there's some other quality games to play while we wait. Diablo 3... GW2... in the mean time. ;)

Top Bottom