• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR - Modern Warfare 4 to use Unreal Engine 4?

mclem

Given the normal release schedule of COD titles, that'd be next year's iteration? I don't buy it. Not that soon.

Doesn't this confirm at least a 3+ year dev cycle as Epic have said no UE4 games will be out in the first 12 months of the next gen consoles release (not sure if they included Wii U in that)?

Bob White

If true, I hope it's still 60 fps. I honestly think dropping down to 30 will make most casuals go "something's off about the new cod games". Funny that stale ass activision is one of the companies I look to to keep 60 fps popular.

Looking at popularity of CoD this gen (popularity = sales = money, especially for engine supplier as based on % of money made) Epic will do anything to be the engine supplier for next-gen CoD.

magash

Another Modern Warfare? As someone that enjoyed MW3 up until
the tower collapse
this shit is played. New era mothefuckers.

linko9

Wouldn't this mean that MW4 couldn't come out on PS3 and 360? I don't think Activision would throw away that much money.

Darkkn

Activision should just develop their own 'Frostbite' engine. They publish enough games that having an badass in-house engine middleware would make sense.

Raide

Different engine or not, if it still plays the same as MW3, I won't be buying it. Unfortunately they have to keep the gameplay the same, else the millions of people who buy it every year will be pissed.

Modern Warfare 4? Nah. They'll just try and launch a brand new CoD series to run alongside Black Ops. It'll probably involve, er, modern warfare, but Captain Price et al ain't returning any time soon.

I agreeing with some posts in here..

Need to be 60FPS and I hope they don't forget what makes their gamplay smoother than others..
And really they need something new besides "Modern Warfare 4", far future warfare, sifi warfare, I don't care. Just no more modern...

Sojgat

They could be developing a 360/PS3 version on the current engine.

Exactly, and also for the Wii U of course. They have to upgrade at some point and Activision won't want to miss out on that 360/PS3 install base. Think of it as the equivalent of what the Wii versions are now:)

Edit: Also I imagine they could use the PS4/Xbox Whateverthefucktheycallit versions in all the advertising.

Edit: Modern W4rfare?

Nibel

M°°nblade;38299664 said:
Can you give me a theoretical explanation why framerate is engine bound or UE4 30fps bound?

Thanks.

So you are assuming that UE4 will be running at more than 30FPS? That engine that brings Samaritan to shame when Epic executives are believed?

You know, I don't know what all the other consoles will bring to the table, but there weren't many 60 FPS UE3 games on consoles; Mortal Kombat is the only one I can think of right now. Why should this change with the next one?

GQman2121

Banned
This is absurd. There's no way this would ever happen. Call of Duty is all about making crazy money. They have an engine already in place. Why go out and license something that most won't even notice and are going to buy anyway? Do you really need a new engine to achieve what they churn out every 12 months?

I'm starting to think all these rumors are from Mircosoft, the timing is all too suspicious.

"WII-U WILL NOT RUN UE4 BUT YOU CAN GET COD WITH UE4 ON YOUR NEXT XBOX™"

Or it could just be the lovely folks who are games journalists.

MW4? Where would they take the story
Next? They've already done world war 3.

However it would awesome if we saw the amazing graphics offer UE4 to run at 60 FPS.

This would be huge, and the move I have been waiting for from CoD Since MW.

But fuck me, MW4? Just call it CoD5, go for the oh shit its new new feeling, not another MW.

Top Bottom