• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

which of the 3 big mexican hot sauces is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
i ask you, neogaf. I have recently faced a crisis of conscience in my hot sauce game. This inner conflict is now spilling into every aspect of my daily life, and a choice must be made, a line drawn.

For all my life i have ridden hard for cholula. I love its garlicky taste. I once thought that it had no rival outside of homemade stuff. Then something happened. No cholula at the store. In a flash of weakness, I purchased:

tapatio.jpg

Wow. Tanginess. tartness. a vinegary taste, but one i keep pouring on for some reason. Its great!

And the other day I had some of this with taco bell:

valentina-sauce-7.jpg

also surprisingly good.

What say you gaf? Valentina, Cholula, or Tapatio?

None of the above. The best salsa is the shit you buy from a guy along side the road who doesn't speak English and you don't know how he got there but my god his salsa is amazing so he must be an angel.

edit: To answer the question and not be a dick I would have to say Valentina.

Esch

Banned
None of the above. The best salsa is the shit you buy from a guy along side the road who doesn't speak English and you don't know how he got there but my god his salsa is amazing so he must be an angel.
i already agreed that homemade stuff is the best.

I also enjoy this:
1116-2T.jpg

however, my asshole being functional is more important than a tasty hot sauce, so i dont eat it often.

Here in Cen Cal those guys also sells amazing fruit with chili powder on it.

Esch

Banned
"My local pizza place is better than all of these shitty chains."

there's an elitist element to it, but it really is true. with the local hot sauces though the big difference is the freshness factor.

the only hot sauce that goes on pizza is sriracha. or red pepper flakes.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

Darryl

Banned
Cholulu is delicious, but it's so expensive around here (like $3-4 a bottle). Tapatio is just as good and like a buck fifty. I use the stuff so much that the price difference matters.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
whoa whoa whoa let's not talk shit on Tabasco. If you really love hot sauce there's a little place in your heartburn for everyone, including little Timmy Tabasco. I love the green one mixed with the original on some Chipotle. So good.

there's an elitist element to it, but it really is true. with the local hot sauces though the big difference is the freshness factor.

the only hot sauce that goes on pizza is sriracha. or red pepper flakes.

Of course. I was simply commenting on GAF's annoying tendency to say "Local stuff is better," when discussing large food brands/chains.

Esch

Banned
whoa whoa whoa let's not talk shit on Tabasco. If you really love hot sauce there's a little place in your heartburn for everyone, including little Timmy Tabasco. I love the green one mixed with the original on some Chipotle. So good.
I cant help but pick on tabasco. its so weak and poor. its like the kid with no pokemon cards in 2nd grade, the fuck is he even doing.

If you're gonna mess with Tabasco, there are some good choices to me made though:
09753-original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom