• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

which of the 3 big mexican hot sauces is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaz013

Banned
It's funny, I've been living in Guadalajara, the place were tapatios are from , for almost 8 years, and I have never tasted or even seen that brand.

Personally, I prefer Salsa Valentina, but the one with the black label. Also, Carnitas, a traditional pork dish from my home state, Michoacán, is better if you add some habanero pepper sauce, like Lol Tun.

images

im assuming you're mexican. whats the most popular hot sauce there?

I'm actually American, but my parents are Mexican. I visit Mexico annually and all of my family their uses either Valentina or San Luis.

Home made. Oh and, I'm mexican and this right here is better than all of those:

not to be a dick but we get that home made stuff is better. I'm pretty sure OP is strictly talking about bottled ones.

Esch

Banned
Motherfuckers, I know sriracha and sambal oelek are good. missing the point of the topic.

I guess i gotta cop that san luis

Tapatio.

But.. I don't know that I've tried Valentino. Should, I like the ingredients and descriptions.

I don't dislike Cholula but I like Tapatio better.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
im assuming you're mexican. whats the most popular hot sauce there?

Processed? Probably Valentina. However, nothing beats home made most of the time. Valentina is good for some stuff, and I actually prefer it in some kind of dishes. But for something like Meat tacos, I prefer not to eat if there isn't a good home made green sauce present. Most places have their own flavor, it gives food variety. :3.

NomarTyme

It from Belize but cares?!
Marie Sharp's Fiery Hot.
1292.jpg

The reason I love this hot sauce because its main ingredient is carrots, which gives it a nice taste. Also he doesn't contain any of the Xanthan gum bullshit.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well.

If people are dogging on good ol' Tabasco sauce over some of these, then I gotta find some way to get my hands on some of these Mexican hotsauces.

A little off-topic, but ever since I've tried Mango Chutney sambal, it's been a part of my dinner ever since - nice, sweet & spicy.

Esch

Banned
Well.

If people are dogging on good ol' Tabasco sauce over some of these, then I gotta find some way to get my hands on some of these Mexican hotsauces.

A little off-topic, but ever since I've tried Mango Chutney sambal, it's been a part of my dinner ever since - nice, sweet & spicy.

tobasco is to hot sauce as goldeneye is to the FPS genre. fun, but basically that beginner level shit.

Sriracha and Cholula/Tapatio are your next step.

Caoz

Valentina is the standard here in northern mexico for snacks, you put it in your peanuts, ruffles, fritos, pop corn,etc... The kind of stuff you eat when you are watching a game.

You dont usually use that stuff for real food thou. For that you use homemade style salsas.

Although my wife claims she used to eat bean burritos with valentina as a little girl growing up in Chihuahua.

Boss Man

I thought you meant like Fire, Hot, or Mild. I like Fire, but sometimes I'll go with Mild. Never been a fan of Hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom