• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) - Minor website update (BGM + Dev team)

7threst

Oh man, I was hoping for the secret Law BGM to get changed to the Chaos one for this update.

I hope we get a glimpse of the new soundtrack... which I think this hints at as we got SMT 1, II, III....

replaying strange jounrey so i am ready for some megaten. i prefer 3rd person to first person

I hear that a lot. I wouldn't mind either way but a lot of people do seem to mind first person. I have to admit that I love the claustrophobic feeling of first person...

Aselith

Damn, that is a fucking badass remix of the Nocturne theme. I hope they add these to the soundtrack for the game if they aren't already featured on the game's normal soundtrack.

totowhoa

Banned
Damn, that is a fucking badass remix of the Nocturne theme. I hope they add these to the soundtrack for the game if they aren't already featured on the game's normal soundtrack.

Yeah, it got me in the mood to play Nocturne again. I'm holding off as I've played it too much really, I need to let some time pass so it feels a little fresh again. I'm hoping for (but not really expecting) an HD version one day. I think the graphics style holds up pretty darn well, so I'd definitely be into that.

Aselith

You could also just download it here: http://megaten4.jp/bgm/secret.mp3

Anyone got a rpaidshare or something for this? The link doesn't work for me anymore. Would love the other songs to if they were downloadable.

I'm hoping for (but not really expecting) an HD version one day. I think the graphics style holds up pretty darn well, so I'd definitely be into that.

I'd love that as well. Preferably one with Regular ass Nocturne and Maniax.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This remix of the Nocturne theme has me so fucking hyped, holy shit.

duckroll

I don't think they'll release any screenshots until Soul Hackers is out with the first trailer.

I think they might, depending on how detailed the "first trailer" is going to be. If the trailer is not just a cheap teaser and it actually details the game and has a lot of gameplay footage, then they might have a Famitsu preview blowout a week or two before that, specifically to hype hardcore fans into looking forward to buying Soul Hackers to be the first to see it all in motion.

We'll find out this month I guess.

Zaventem

I like how the guitar riff builds up but never goes all the way so it leaves you wanting more.Oh man..hope it doesn't disappoint.

I think they might, depending on how detailed the "first trailer" is going to be. If the trailer is not just a cheap teaser and it actually details the game and has a lot of gameplay footage, then they might have a Famitsu preview blowout a week or two before that, specifically to hype hardcore fans into looking forward to buying Soul Hackers to be the first to see it all in motion.

We'll find out this month I guess.

God we can only hope it'll be like those Famitsu Wave trailers for Persona 3 and Persona 4.

SWEET! Thanks a ton.

Edit: Wait, how do you download these? I click the download all and it just takes me to a site player and if I right click it only has an option to save the link as an html document.

No idea about that, it's not my site. Looks like individual downloads work fine though.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really Really disliked the characters/writing in strange journey and ESPECIALLY in devil survivor but after P3-P4 I'm willing to give any smt game a chance.

duckroll

Really Really disliked the characters/writing in strange journey and ESPECIALLY in devil survivor but after P3-P4 I'm willing to give any smt game a chance.

Wow, really? Sounds like you're going to hate any "real" SMT game. Devil Survivor 1 and Strange Journey are pretty good representations of classic SMT scenarios, which I imagine SMT4 will follow pretty closely, especially with the staff involved. Persona 3 and 4 are really not considered SMT games in Japan, and they're handled mostly by a team with a very different vision.

EVOL 100%

I really, really like the tone of the music that they've shown so far.

Oh, how long has it been since a grimdark SMT title.

randomkid

Man, they really need to stop this endless awful teasing. My expectations are spiraling out of control despite efforts to keep shit in check, I never have this issue! We still don't even know if Kaneko is designing ughhhh what if this ends up disappointing meeeeeee

Dantis

Man, they really need to stop this endless awful teasing. My expectations are spiraling out of control despite efforts to keep shit in check, I never have this issue! We still don't even know if Kaneko is designing ughhhh what if this ends up disappointing meeeeeee

I really hope Kaneko is designing. The only acceptable alternative to that would be Soejima, and even that wouldn't be the same.

Does anyone know if Kaneko even still works at Atlus?

cj_iwakura

I really hope Kaneko is designing. The only acceptable alternative to that would be Soejima, and even that wouldn't be the same.

Does anyone know if Kaneko even still works at Atlus?

Supposedly he works freelance now, but he's still credited for all his demon art.

Sera O

Banned
I was trying so hard not to get worked up over this due to how long the wait will be, but damn. That music just gets to me. The 3rd person view contributed to the sense of scale in Nocturne so I'd like to have that option but not a huge issue either way. I'm so curious to see how this is going to look. I am kind of tired of the flat demon sprites that just kind of shake when they're attacked so here's hoping for something a bit different.

randomkid

Ermmm, what is the source on Kaneko being freelance now? Freelance as in, oh hey you are still an Atlus employee but you can do stuff for Zone of the Enders if you want, or freelance as in, Kaneko is no longer working at the company? I need to know if I should be having a meltdown or not.

Ermmm, what is the source on Kaneko being freelance now? Freelance as in, oh hey you are still an Atlus employee but you can do stuff for Zone of the Enders if you want, or freelance as in, Kaneko is no longer working at the company? I need to know if I should be having a meltdown or not.

^^^^

Facts. Links. Interviews.

Now.

only kaneko will be acceptable for this game. it's not hard to make a better game than strange journey, but it will be very hard to play SMT without his art.

duckroll

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4047280496/

This is an on-going Raidou manga, the latest volume was released in May this year.

iugIi8DgRQUze.jpg

It still credits the original concept to not only Kaneko, but Kaneko at Atlus. If he left the company the credit would not be this way. No Japanese site or news outlet has ever suggested that Kaneko has left Atlus. I have never heard anything to this effect until you started mentioning it. You have never provided evidence to substantiate this claim. Come on, it's time to put up or shut up.

Top Bottom