• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doujin (Indie) Games at Comic Market 82

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
LTqHh.jpg

Wiki if you don't know what Comiket is.

Thought I would make this thread as a place to post info on anything good that comes out at C82.

Here is a blog post that has a bunch of info / screens / videos about (mostly) Touhou games coming out. Tenjou's Tempest looks okay.

A good time killer though is /!\this video/!\ which is over an hour of trailers for games that will be released.

Some of the games:
Astebreed Site, Trailer
Revolver360 Site, Trailer
新世紀GPXサイバーフォーミュラSIN DREI Site, Trailer

Anyway not a whole lot of info on any, but hopefully there are some things people find interesting.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is doo-jin or doe-jin? I've always pronounced it doo-jin.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Falcom has an album coming out during this. I don't really know anything about Comiket, but I'd like that album (though I'll probably get it on iTunes if they put it up internationally at some point). The preview was pretty awesome.

Is doo-jin or doe-jin? I've always pronounced it doo-jin.

Assuming that's a direct to English translation, the "do" and "u" are separate syllables. So it would probably be "doe-u" but I'm really not a good person to answer this.

Edit: Oh yeah, what GDGF said, I forgot ou did that. See, I really should get back into studying.

Tain

Always nice to know about this stuff, thanks.

The first two games (the EDF style game and the camera-changing mech STG) look pretty neat.

Wonder what that GHost92 is all about! It's using the same kind of retro-pander look as Fez and has a kinda similar 2D-3D thing going on, only with items to interact with, enemies to fight, threats to avoid, and a weird first person mode? Super curious about that one.

Will skim through more. Definitely seeing some garbage in there, but that's bound to happen.

No, there are quite a few good doujin games.

Crimzon Clover is my favorite.
SHMUP, eh? Might try it, Jamestown introduced me to them.

Still, they don't seem to vary much or I just have the wrong idea? It doesn't help that the doujin scene isn't talked much about around here.

I feel it is because of the same perception I have right now.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Whoa? I remember the Doujin-Games these past year looked like shit compared to western Indiegames, but this looks quite nice.

Did you watch the whole trailer already? I linked to those games you have screenshots of (well, similar ones) in the OP now. It's not all touhou reskins.

Also please enough with this pedophilia / GUST shit in every single remotely "anime" thread that gets made.

Anyway, I'll try to update the OP with better info or at least more prominent games people might be interested in rather than wading through touhou sidescroller #993.

Risette

A Good Citizen
SHMUP, eh? Might try it, Jamestown introduced me to them.

Still, they don't seem to vary much or I just have the wrong idea? It doesn't help that the doujin scene isn't talked much about around here.

I feel it is because of the same perception I have right now.
Yeah, the lack of exposure hurts the doujin scene's perception.

Whoa? I remember the Doujin-Games these past year looked like shit compared to western Indiegames, but this looks quite nice.

Did japanese doujingame-developers finally got how to develop "beautiful" games?

Seriously. What happened?
The doujin scene has been better than the western indie scene for quite some time...

Tomat

Yeah, the lack of exposure hurts the doujin scene's perception.

The doujin scene has been better than the western indie scene for quite some time...
Not even close. Do you even follow Phil Fish?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Did you watch the whole trailer already? I linked to those games you have screenshots of (well, similar ones) in the OP now. It's not all touhou reskins.

Also please enough with this pedophilia / GUST shit in every single remotely "anime" thread that gets made.

Anyway, I'll try to update the OP with better info or at least more prominent games people might be interested in rather than wading through touhou sidescroller #993.

It would be a good idea to put screenshots and discriptions in the actual OP to grab people's attention and show off some of the better stuff, you'll also be able to avoid a lot of what you don't want that way.

Tain

Yeah, maybe I haven't been paying much attention, but I'm seeing the tech used in these games take a leap forward.

and yeah, in general I find more games that I'm interested in coming from the "doujin" scene than I do the "indie" one, even if both of them offer little for me.

Tomat

2/10. You made me raise my eyebrows

Pshhawww. Doujin games barely get any exposure outside of Japan, therefore they do nothing for the industry. Indie games elsewhere are actually popular.

Indie is saving the industry, doujin goes nowhere.

It's doe.

The u after the o just extends the o sound for an extra beat.

Ever since taking Japanese, I always found it weird for it to be notated with a "u". The line above the "o" is hard to do, but "u" makes little sense to me.

Also learning what "doujin" actually means opposed to what context I have always seen it in :lol

Tain

I don't know what's going on at 56:05 but I want to try it.

I need to try it.

my god.

Whatever game is at 14:06 looks cool! No chance any of these will be playable in english i assume?

Seems to be called GHost92, I was talking about it a bit a few posts back. Super curious about it. Don't count on English at all, yeah.

Instro

Ok, I won't shit up your thread anymore. I am actually looking forward to seeing what cool games show up in here.

marcurius

Seems to be called GHost92, I was talking about it a bit a few posts back. Super curious about it. Don't count on English at all, yeah.
Ah, must've skimmed your post. Yeah, looks a bit like Cave Story with weird perspective changing. I didn't realise many of the clips were of the same area and a changing perspective, at first - looks like it could be quite disorienting. Though it's probably one of those cases where it's fine if you're actually in control of it yourself.

Tomat

Maybe this isn't the right thread for this since this is about Comiket 82 but... isn't there some doujin game that is semi-recent that looks like/plays like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? Sorry for the extreme vagueness, that's really all I know about the game : /

Tain

pretty slick-looking Senko no Ronde clone at 1:09:30, shame it's gotta take place in the touhou universe

Maybe this isn't the right thread for this since this is about Comiket 82 but... isn't there some doujin game that is semi-recent that looks like/plays like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? Sorry for the extreme vagueness, that's really all I know about the game : /

There are two metroidvanias based on the touhou universe that combine exploration and bullet shooting and are supposed to excellent. The name is impossible to fully remember, Scarlet Symphony or something like that

Tomat

I think that's the one, Scarlet Symphony. Thanks!

Whoa. Some really interesting looking games, like GHost92.

Edit: Was that moe Minecraft? I suppose it was an inevitability.

Top Bottom