• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) - Trailer up! - TBA 2013 (New: Website update)

duckroll

Edit 2:

http://megaten4.jp/

Website updated (clear your cache if it shows the same thing). Nothing much other than a full new BGM track for SMT4, and a silhouette of the main character. Maybe they'll update again next week...

Edit:

------

7XfPW.jpg

Q70kY.jpg

iPBYZ.jpg

s4BEf.jpg

Tkp3u.jpg

duckroll

- Third Person
- There's a world map
- Looks like SMT3
- Voice acting
- Houchu Ohtsuka and Miyuki Sawashiro in the cast

Aeana

But is it an action RPG like Devil Summoner or a turn-based RPG like the best in the series?

There's no reason to assume it's not turn-based. The Devil Summoner series doesn't really have any bearing on the mainline SMT series, after all. But we don't really know anything about the combat yet.

Red UFO

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah.

duckroll

I misread the "world map" part, the guy only mentioned that the trailer shows the game map which looks like SMT3 (third person 3D as you can see from the screens). But I'm sure there'll be one anyway, since they're going for the SMT3 direction. :p

duckroll

So with the date being "2013" with no month or season specified... this might actually be more than 6 months away. I guess the good thing about that is that they're really putting effort into it. Could have a pretty decent budget.

Looking at the clothes on that character I can't help but think of Koumokuten or one of his brethren. At least, the model used in the PS2 games.

I have a feeling Atlus will be requesting Youtube and nico to take down the trailer if it ever gets put online.

vall03

is there any chance we will see more during TGS or will Atlus just show the stuff based on the teaser from Soul Hackers?

Top Bottom