• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) - Trailer up! - TBA 2013 (New: Website update)

duckroll

Shamelessly stolen from a Japanese blog:

97jEP.jpg

za1uO.jpg

Vnb3T.jpg

IBxrx.jpg

9ba4r.jpg

BW6F3.jpg

8Mpo0.jpg

GyR7e.jpg

TPf6b.jpg

UAPba.jpg

K0MeU.jpg

rNWct.jpg

I1z7W.jpg

UGp95.jpg

GWMBT.jpg

eLTAX.jpg

6QfU0.jpg

WGeNg.jpg

I take you never played Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne? If you did and you loved it, as any sane person should, you would be excited.
I have but I knew the game was coming ( listened to that nocturne remix a lot). I think I'm half expecting a betrayal until proven otherwise. I need to be reassured and those bullet points are not enough.

Edit: OK those new shots look kind awesome.

duckroll

Considering the first trailer already lists 12 people in the voice cast, I think we can be pretty sure that this is game has a larger cast of characters than SMT3. Probably lots of voice too.

Want =D. Please come overseas XD as well as Soul Hackers :'( at least you have an Atlus HQ in America. God, I wish Nintendo Europe or another European publisher signed a publishing deal with Atlus to sell their games...

duckroll

Hmmm... it should be noted that there are 4 names which are presented on their own before the trailer starts doubling up. That usually means those are the lead roles. They're all pretty big names too: Hiroshi Kamiya, Katsuyuki Konishi, Miyuki Sawashiro, Yuko Kaida. Maybe that's the main party?

It also matches this pic:

8Mpo0.jpg

2 guys, 2 girls?

Dantis

Hmmm... it should be noted that there are 4 names which are presented on their own before the trailer starts doubling up. That usually means those are the lead roles. They're all pretty big names too: Hiroshi Kamiya, Katsuyuki Konishi, Miyuki Sawashiro, Yuko Kaida. Maybe that's the main party?

8Mpo0.jpg

2 guys, 2 girls?

That makes sense.

Also, looks like Kaneko is on character designs again, based on that pic. The only thing that could get me more excited than I am right now is Persona 5.

Might have to buy a US 3DS for this or something. Or hope we can somehow play import games by the time it comes out.

Soulhouf

8Mpo0.jpg

2 guys, 2 girls?

That's so SMT if...

What's the point of hiding their faces ?
Is there some kind of meaning behind that ?

It's a tease XD, it's how you hype the game up more =D
So most Shin Megami Tensei has random encounter, wonder if this will be the same? Would it be yay or nay for you guys? As long as the encounter rate isn't incredibly high I don't mind.

7threst

The official website already hints towards a dual kind of thing: Tokyo as a modern city on the one hand, some medieval-like place on the other. These screens are kinda the same, it looks like some castle/fortress kind of thing. Don't know what it means but I like it.

Oh man, those ARE big names. That'd be one helluva party.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Really looking forward to this. Hopefully by the time this comes out I will finally have caught up with the series (at least the main series).
I'm very interested in the direction the story takes. It looks quite interesting judging by those pictures.

Top Bottom