• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) - Trailer up! - TBA 2013 (New: Website update)

randomkid

This is the leak I was waiting for, wonder what took so long.

My only lingering worry is the continued absence of Kaneko's name (and frustratingly no faces so can't confirm Kaneko eyes!)

In any case:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is the leak I was waiting for, wonder what took so long.

My only lingering worry is the continued absence of Kaneko's name (and frustratingly no faces so can't confirm Kaneko eyes!)

In any case:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't forget the black lipstick on the upper lip!

LuuKyK

Wtf Atlus making me buy both handhelds for one game each (P4G and now this). Ugh. -_- I love you but I hate you.

EVOL 100%

8Mpo0.jpg

I wonder why you're going to have to kill all of your friends this time.

Persona86

Banned
Considering that the 3DS is a lot less powerful compared to the PS3 I hope they take advantage of that and really put a lot of focus on gameplay and story.

I can't wait!

Persona86

Banned
What? What does that have to do with anything?

In the past I was expecting a PS3 release. That's all. I'm saying that it doesn't have to be a bad thing, because now they can focus more on gameplay instead of super nice graphics.

I'm excited to buy a 3DS when this comes out.

Sophia

Third person Nocturne style? Ho shit....

They're all pretty big names too: Hiroshi Kamiya, Katsuyuki Konishi, Miyuki Sawashiro, Yuko Kaida. Maybe that's the main party?

Calling it now. Kamiya plays the Law Hero and Konishi is the Chaos Hero. Miyuki Sawashiro is the Heroine. >_>;

EVOL 100%

Didn't nocturne have a game plus where you could play first person? (I'm not sure)

Maybe this game will be the same?

Yes, but annoyingly you had to beat the game once to use it.

I'm happy that this game is 3rd person because it still leaves a possibility for a 1st person view.

I don't know how the other way around would work.

Yuterald

I hope there's some sort of Fiend-like presence in this game. I know Fiends were integral to SMT3 Maniac's plot, but from a game play/scenario perspective they were really fucking cool. The Flames of the Candelabrum was such a cool concept. I loved how the screen (flames) would flicker when you were near a Fiend. The competition/rivalry aspect was so bad ass too. I wouldn't want the same thing from SMTIV (and I doubt there's going to be), but something along those lines would be so choice. Regardless, I can't wait!!!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Really like the vibe. It looks Nocturne-ish, which is exactly what I wanted. Also glad it appears to be 3rd person. I'm excited!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Pretty sure that's CG, not anime.

The character looking at the COMP device is definitely anime.

As long as it's Kaneko in charge of the actual game art I don't mind though personally.

This in game art style:
GWMBT.jpg

Has me convinced he's involved.

Dantis

The character looking at the COMP device is definitely anime.

As long as it's Kaneko in charge of the actual game art I don't mind though personally.

This in game art style:
GWMBT.jpg

Has me convinced he's involved.

Two things:

That's the picture I was talking about too. Way too well drawn to be anime. Almost 100% certain that's cel-shaded CG.

And Kaneko didn't do the art direction for Nocturne or DDS keep in mind. He only did the characters.

Luigiv

In the past I was expecting a PS3 release. That's all. I'm saying that it doesn't have to be a bad thing, because now they can focus more on gameplay instead of super nice graphics.

I'm excited to buy a 3DS when this comes out.

I disagree that, if this were a PS3 project, Atlus all of a sudden neglecting gameplay and story in favour of graphics would be a realistic worry to have in the first place but other than that, your comment makes actually make sense now (it just sounded completely random before). Next time be a little more mindful of establishing proper context (I mean things personal expectations are something you actually need to explain for other people to know).

ezekial45

Banned
I'm glad they're returning to a proper SMT game.

How have the other SMT games been on the 3DS and DS? I'm thinking of picking up a good one. How was that one with the main character in gold armor?

duckroll

Two things:

That's the picture I was talking about too. Way too well drawn to be anime. Almost 100% certain that's cel-shaded CG.

And Kaneko didn't do the art direction for Nocturne or DDS keep in mind. He only did the characters.

Erm... two things.

a) That picture is a realtime scene of the gameplay map. It pans out to show the third person view. :p

b) Kaneko is the creative director of SMT3. He was very much responsible for the look of the entire game world, not just the characters. SMT3 doesn't have a traditional art director, and other designers helped realize the world, but Kaneko was definitely in charge.

Top Bottom