• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct EU - 13th September, 4PM CET (Wii U confirmed for EU this year)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I just got a Swapnote letter from Shibata which included a nice new stationary. :)

Me too. :)

nSs0t.jpg

no more confirmed than when they started using Black Wii Us in the retailer marketing material
that is, it's still very likely
Did EU ever get marketing material? Haven't seen any here in Germany. Naturally I assumed the worst and figured they wouldn't delay the console launch but totally considered Nintendo only launching with one colour.

piteru

Banned
Any news about a nintendo Japanese direct? I guess this Thursday we can declare the birth of the mega-bomba-tons!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Nitpicking here, but WiiU was confirmed for 2012 release in Europe (along with America, Japan, and Australia) before E3 even started.

Edit: confirmed April 26th of this year at an investor meeting.

Nitpicking here, but WiiU was confirmed for 2012 release in Europe (along with America, Japan, and Australia) before E3 even started.

Edit: confirmed April 26th of this year at an investor meeting.

Yes, but there was some ,,rumour'' it was supposed to be delayed in EU. (No idea why this apparently caught so many believers)

piteru

Banned
If I can help more some wii u titles from namco bandai were opened in our system:tank tank tank and tekken tag tournament.I'll check tomorrow if there is a new update..

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I think it was more the scepticism as to whether it'd stick to this date.

Yes, but there was some ,,rumour'' it was supposed to be delayed in EU. (No idea why this apparently caught so many believers)

Huh, I could of swore those rumors were that the WiiU was delayed to December release in Europe (which was stupid to begin with considering the only release date we had was "holiday 2012").

When Nintendo holds off on having a Japan-specific WiiU event this week (I believe they are more likely to hold it close to TGS next week), I'm sure the popular rumor then will be that WiiU is destined for 2013 in Japan!

LudwigB

I'm seriously considering doing a sickie on Thursday, but I've been sick too many times this year for gaming purposes and my boss is getting suspicious. I've done the usual headaches backaches, diarrhea, flu, bitten by a dog etc etc....I think I'll use Chlamydia for my next excuse, though, if the girls at work find out I'm screwed:(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyone have that cool image countdown thingy for this? What time is the America one in EST?

Medalion

Banned
I haven't been keeping up, is this it then? Are we finding out launch details?

No, it's 1 hour of Iwata creating new memes and going over stuff we already knew.

Yes we will get launch details for games, and prices and hopefully new announcements for new games and new companies aboard.

If I can help more some wii u titles from namco bandai were opened in our system:tank tank tank and tekken tag tournament.I'll check tomorrow if there is a new update..
I'm still shocked they will launch the tanks game as a (full price?) retail game. This will tank.

Katzii

I'm going to be at work for this, but will be able to catch up later in the day hopefully.

The knowledge that we have a 2012 release is enough for me; anything else is just icing on the cake :)

luffeN

but Übertreibugsbahn sounds weird, like " the exaggeration train " :p

http://www.dict.cc/?s=hype

Wirbel / Rummel / Hype (political, uuuuuuuh :p) / Tamtam

Wirbelzug, Rummelzug, Hype-Zug, Tamtamzug lol
Wirbelbahn, Rummelbahn, Hype-Bahn, Tamtambahn

Australian launch details will be confirmed after the show, too.

YES. HYPE x 1,000,000.

YES.
Maybe we could create an all-encompassing launch details thread to compare everything!

Good think i got tomorrow off then :p

And tomorrow may be the first toothacke free day since weeks. Had 2 dentist apointments the yesterday and today

I deserve good news now Shibata-san, so blow me away :)

Hobohodo

quick question: when do you think the WiiU will be officially available for preorder in the U.K? Will it be directly after this broadcast?

It's already available to preorder at a few places. All info is placeholder but it will still count as a proper preorder once they finally announce all the details.

Mr Swine

Banned
I think that people are overhyping this way too much, we already know about the games and what possibly is going to get released at launch and the price and such :/

Top Bottom