• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Salsa

ibkpC0Kw6CuPQq.png

Revenge solves everything...

ipWCwDHv3IFO.png

Set in the industrial city of Dunwall, Dishonored follows Corvo Atano, a legendary bodyguard to the Empress who is framed for her murder and
forced to become an assassin to seek revenge on those who conspired against him. Atano is aided in his quest by the Outsider, a powerful being
who imbues him with magical abilities.

The game is played from a first-person perspective and allows the player to tackle a series of assassination missions in a variety of ways, with an
emphasis on player choice. Missions can be tackled by stealth, combat or a combination of both. Exploring levels opens new paths and alternatives
for accomplishing mission goals, and it is possible to eliminate all of Atano's targets in a non-lethal manner. Magical abilities are designed to be
combined to create new, more powerful effects.

screens (click)

Dishonored takes place in the industrial city of Dunwall, modeled after late 1800s-early 1900s London and Edinburgh, that is ruled over by an
oppressive regime. In the city, technology and otherworldly forces coexist. Dunwall is a center for fishing and whaling, with whale oil a valuable
resource necessary for powering the city. The city is stricken with a plague spread by rats and dogs that is killing the poor and isolating the rich.
The infected, known as "Weepers", cry blood and can become violent against others. The government uses the plague as an excuse to take
or purge citizens as they wish. Order is maintained by the Tallboys, heavily armored officers on tall, mechanical legs, and districts are separated
by Walls of Light, barriers made of energy that disintegrate those that attempt to cross them.

• Developed by Arkane Studios (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic)
  • Creative Directors: Harvey Smith (Deus Ex), Raphaël Colantonio
  • Lead Designer: Ricardo Bare (Deus Ex)
  • Visual Design Director: Viktor Antonov (Half-Life 2)

videos

Tales from Dunwall 1 - 2 - 3

PC requirements:​
Minimum
  • Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core or better
  • Memory: 4 GB system RAM
  • Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512 MB video RAM or better
  • Sound: Windows compatible sound card

Recommended
  • Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better
  • Memory: 4 GB system RAM
  • Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
  • Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better
  • Sound: Windows compatible sound card

PC-360-PS3 Release Dates:​
  • NA - October 9
  • AU - October 11
  • JP - October 11
  • EU - October 12

ifkUvT2XascVR.png

Amir0x

Banned
oh, this is a great OT. Short, to the point, very attractive but just enough information to entice the reader to look into the game further if they're so inclined. My ideal OT right here.

I am definitely getting this game. I was a little tentative on it, but after I saw that Masquerade mission walkthrough I was in it to win it.

Jharp

Next week can't come soon enough. Sorry X-Com, I'll see you after I build my new PC and a steam sale.

Salsa

oh, this is a great OT. Short, to the point, very attractive but just enough information to entice the reader to look into the game further if they're so inclined. My ideal OT right here.

Thanks mang. I had more stuff to put in there but as you said less is more. I like the column stuff MRORANGE was doing with the Sleeping Dogs OT and such so I took a bit from there. Easier to read.

Game of the foreva.

Amir0x

Banned
Thanks mang. I had more stuff to put in there but as you said less is more. I like the column stuff MRORANGE was doing with the Sleeping Dogs OT and such so I took a bit from there. Easier to read.

Game of the foreva.

Yeah, plus it pretty much limits any spoiler potential, which is great. So many times I go into OTs and immediately get spoiled on half the locations and enemies in these games. But yeah, all around sweet spot topic here.

Sleeping Dog topic definitely had a pretty layout, although I could have done without the animated gifs. Took forever to load on my DSL :p

I am getting this one on PC, do we know if this is a good PC port... or no reports yet?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Nice,short and clean and informative OT.

anyway after all the disappointments in this bad year of disappointments (ME3,Max 3,D3,RE6..ect) Dishonored better deliver the good stuff and be our GOTY.

wrowa

Really looking forward to this. Might be the second most interesting game of the year (after VLR :p).

- J - D -

I might just impulse buy this if I hear enough good things. It's a relatively empty month for me in terms of AAA releases I want.

epmode

Two OTs for potenially awesome games and neither falls prey to mutipost infodumping! You did good, GAF.

Eusis

Should we wait for reviews ala RE6?
Previews seemed to positive, whereas warning signs were clearly going off for me with RE6's trailers and whatnot. Or maybe I was just cynical, but I don't think we have as much to worry here unless you want a simple joyride.

Squire

Banned
Interested to see the reviews. I'm sure it'll be well received, but I might buy it on a whim if it's a critical darling.

d1rtn4p

Still highly skeptical. Their first game Arx Fatalis was amazing; however their last game Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was one of the worst games I've ever played...

.la1n

Wonderful OT. Short and sweet. I am happy to pay full price for this, don't get enough games like it. Last game I was this excited for was probably Deus Ex HR.

Victrix

*beard*
I am using my mystical assassin powers to make you buy this game.

Buy this game.

If this game sucks I am assassinating Arkane and Bethesda

Top Bottom