• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Great OT Salsa, finally payed for this on Steam over thew weekend. Bring on the preload
3AQmK.gif

Trevelyan

Banned
My most hyped game of the year. Can't believe it's so close now. Quick question, as I've tried to remain on blackout the last few months. Is the game open-world, or rather just very large hubs for each mission?

branny

I've pre-ordered this game on 360. Still have no clue if I'll like it or not. I guess I'll find out when it gets here.

Derrick01

Banned
I think yes. I know you can upgrade and get more powers as you progress.

I'm not sure if you get abilities through XP or you just purchase them. I haven't seen anything regarding XP in the videos but you do get things to sell at the pub (your "base" in the game). Since you do upgrade abilities I have to assume it's through money and not XP.

Really hope this is good. Hate to do this but I am going to wait and see how it pans out once it is in players hands before I buy.

Does anyone have any idea how long this game is supposed to be? It looks great, but I'm imagining a 30+ hour adventure every time I see it, and I have no idea what I've seen or heard that would lead to believe it is that long.

Deadbeat

Banned
I'm not sure if you get abilities through XP or you just purchase them. I haven't seen anything regarding XP in the videos but you do get things to sell at the pub (your "base" in the game). Since you do upgrade abilities I have to assume it's through money and not XP.
It could be Dark Messiah where it just dispenses you points at the end of each mission based on what you do.

Amir0x

Banned
Does anyone have any idea how long this game is supposed to be? It looks great, but I'm imagining a 30+ hour adventure every time I see it, and I have no idea what I've seen or heard that would lead to believe it is that long.

This is what the devs said:

Play-style matters a lot. Very direct players will probably get through the game in 12 or 14 hours. Explorers who eavesdrop a lot will take twice as long.

Salsa

dont expect that long. However, if this sort of game is your sort of game, you have hours of replayability ahead of yourself. Harvey Smith is all about choice and player freedom.

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah, some of the character models in this game just exude such a strong vibe of aristocratic snobbery. The long faces and staunch, hard lines... just perfect. Makes you look forward to assassinating them as well, lol.

Kard8p3

Not going to lie, this is already my GOTY, and it comes out the first day of my fall break. AWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAH.

Also, does anyone have any Dishonored avatars?

Almighty

Ah the other game coming out on the 9th I am looking forward to. I will be playing XCOM first, but I am thinking I might just switch between the two now. Since I assume I will need stress breaks from XCOM and its probably not going to be that story heavy. Either way the 9th will be a very good day for me.

To buy or not to buy. I still have a few games I'm playing right now and Halo will be coming out next month.
If I don't get it on release day, I'll definitely get it before the end of the year.

jgminto

So how are you guys planning to do your first playthrough. I think my first time through will focus on with SOME violence. Primarily non-lethal but if I see a guard near a ledge I don't think I'll be able to help myself. I think that playthrough will allow me to get to know the layout of the levels for my second no kill run.

ironcreed

Banned
So how are you guys planning to do your first playthrough. I think my first time through will focus on with SOME violence. Primarily non-lethal but if I see a guard near a ledge I don't think I'll be able to help myself. I think that playthrough will allow me to get to know the layout of the levels for my second no kill run.

Planning on going stealth as much as possible. I am certain scenarios will arise and spoil those plans, though. Which should be pretty fun all by itself.

BlackJace

Going as stealthy as possible.

Riposte

I think yes. I know you can upgrade and get more powers as you progress.

Well I hope it doesn't. The exp system was the means by which Human Revolution skewered itself. If this game is another Human Revolution, then it will be interesting (at least for awhile), but largely disappointing.

I actually think there is no way this game is going to present any sort of real challenge, but I hope the level design keeps up enough to make the powers matter enough to be fun. Otherwise it is just a toy box.

Salsa

Stealth and using the most out of my abilities (including killing). Basically playing according to how I feel in the moment, without trying to achieve anything in particular.

Then we'll get to no-kills playthrough and the FUCK SHIT UP/BE CREATIVE one

branny

Time bend, windblast, double jump (agility). No real plan, lol.

No kill first time.

Almighty

Stealth and using the most out of my abilities (including killing). Basically playing according to how I feel in the moment, without trying to achieve anything in particular.

Then we'll get to no-kills playthrough and the FUCK SHIT UP/BE CREATIVE one

That's pretty much my plan as well. Maybe swap the places of the no-kill and fuck shit up. I like to save the no kills run for last. That way I can get a feel for the game and have some idea how to do it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I have been on pretty much media blackout ever since I learned the game's genre, its setting, and its positive impressions. If the impressions people give in here continue to be good then this will be the first game I buy at full price in a loooong time.

M.W.

I think I'll mix it up with mostly stealth and stealth like kills. I'll probably play through it again and go buck bronco on everyone.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I have only kept up with it a bit, but I am pretty eager to see how this game turns out.

Top Bottom