• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

The only thing that irks me about this game is that Corvo is a mute protagonist. I hate mute protagonists. They make no sense. Especially we've seen Corvo's face! And he speaks, you pick something from a dialogue wheel! But no voice. It irks me.

KorrZ

So pumped for this game. Could very, very easily snag the title of my GOTY. My strategy for this is going to be the same as DE:HR, first playthrough completely stealth but still stabbing dudes in the neck, second playthrough complete non-lethal.

Abdozer

I'm so close to impulse-buying this off of GMG with the coupon, anyone know if there have been recent hands-on with the game so far? Aside from the videos.

sflufan

Banned
Andy, one of the former contributors to the PC-oriented site VE3D, now works at nVidia and called Dishonored one of the best games -- if not THE best game -- of 2012 so far.

Atomski

I hope its good, its the most interesting of the big budget titles this fall.

Down inside though I do have some doubts..

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PS3 and 360.

I'm having such a hard time deciding between comfy couch and pc on this one.

It's a first person, that mean it is better with keyboard and mouse by default.

If setting a keyboard and mouse a big problem or too much of a hassle for you then you need to just get a Phantom Lapboard and use it with you favorite gaming mouse.

aT5zo.jpg

the perfect PC comfy couch experience.

Pingoreous

Ok so this game's engine is not the same as SKYRIM. Still is there any PS3 footage? i really don't trust Bethesda. What other Bethesda game uses this engine on PS3?

Pingoreous

Cool UE3 has come a long way on PS3. Bethesda is worse than Rockstar when it comes to cross platform previews. They hide the PS3 version of games until it's too late.

10 hour game confirmed. Seriously there is a ratio thats like 2:1 based on dev comments. If they say 10 it means 5.

Not really saying its a bad thing but i dont believe its 20+ hours for a second. Most games arent these days.

I dunno, I believe it could take that long for the type of play thru he mentioned.

Yes, this is one of my worries, too. A lot of the power combining looks pretty superfluous, for example, but it's been said that you can't get everything you want in a single playthrough. You'll be restricted in the full game, unlike the demo builds that have everything unlocked. I think you are actually only going to have access to a couple abilities/weapon upgrades(?) per playthrough, but I'm not 100% sure where the cap comes from (if there's even one at all). The way it sounds makes it seem less like Human Revolution where you could pretty much upgrade everything you wanted by the end of the game, rendering your "build" less important than the path you took getting to it.

There is also resource management to consider. I have no clue how crazy we're going to be able to get with spamming stuff. I assume ammo and mana whale juice or whatever will be limited to encourage scavenging around and avoiding confrontation. Nevertheless, I hope it's all balanced in some way. A full offensive run may not be as viable as a stealth one depending on how intensive playing like that is. Somewhere something is going to suffer, but I hope it skews in the direction of needing to play smarter than being able to run around 1hko-ing everything nonstop in frivolous, ultimately meaningless ways.

I have zero confidence that it'll be any different from Deus Ex in that respect. I have a feeling a lot of the options you'll be given will be all about spicing up what are otherwise easy/obvious solutions where any challenge will have to be self-imposed.

Ferny

I'm very excited to play this game. Ever since I saw the very first video, I knew it was going to be a fun game.

commissar

Andy, one of the former contributors to the PC-oriented site VE3D, now works at nVidia and called Dishonored one of the best games -- if not THE best game -- of 2012 so far.
:)

It's a first person, that mean it is better with keyboard and mouse by default.

If setting a keyboard and mouse a big problem or too much of a hassle for you then you need to just get a Phantom Lapboard and use it with you favorite gaming mouse.

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/aT5zo.jpg[/IMG]

the perfect PC comfy couch experience.

Woah this came out! Awesome.

I know nothing of the game other than the setting and that it's first-person and perhaps a little stealthy.

Buying it based on the setting alone *.*

Luigi87

Nice OT.
Two great games on October 9th. So very hyped for this (Golden Cat walkthrough sold me on it). Pre-ordering on GMG tomorrow with discount + some credit I have.

Man

Will trade in Borderlands 2 once this comes around. I like BF2 but it's too much 'spice', you get drowned in infinite rewards.
This looks like the atmospheric experience I desire. The art direction and setting is absolutely outstanding.

SlickVic

Looking at the trailers, does everything become black and white whenever you possess something? Not sure how much I like that effect outside of slowing down time.
Otherwise the game looks pretty interesting.

aegies

10 hour game confirmed. Seriously there is a ratio thats like 2:1 based on dev comments. If they say 10 it means 5.

Not really saying its a bad thing but i dont believe its 20+ hours for a second. Most games arent these days.

I've played about 10 hours and I don't even know if I'm halfway through.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
20+ hours does strike me as possible if you take a stealth/no-kill approach and collect every-bloody-thing, like I'll be doing (I'm a sucker for collectables).

Top Bottom