• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Well he said in one of the previous threads that this and Xcom both honored their PC roots really well, so I'm assuming he's liking it.

I am surprised how anyone can say that about XCOM, even when just discussing the inertia -- makes mouse movement impossibly annoying.

I'm sure people will want to know soon how the PS3 version is with the review copies I am sure someone will say something about how it runs for those worried, which you shouldn't.

aegies

I took his comment to mean gameplay anyway. Besides I'd be surprised if Firaxis gave them PC review code. It was probably 360.

I've had a full PC build of the game for a week now, and received console copies today. Mouse inertia doesn't really matter in a turn-based game.

Derrick01

Banned
I've had a full PC build of the game for a week now, and received console copies today. Mouse inertia doesn't really matter in a turn-based game.

I agree. Besides I'm going to use the 360 controller anyway, it actually felt like it worked better. As blasphemous as that sounds.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have high hopes for Dishonored and Hitman this year. Play however you want games primarily grounded around stealth are always welcome.

I think I've tempted the embargo gods enough for one week. Besides, the review embargo is up a day and a half early. You're not going to be desperate for reviews/opinions on it, I assure you.

Fuck...I didn't want to read this. Now I have to buy this on day one.

*shakes fist*

epmode

I agree. Besides I'm going to use the 360 controller anyway, it actually felt like it worked better. As blasphemous as that sounds.
I think I'll be using a pad too. The PC interface feels very cobbled together. It's not awful or anything but the game's menus and confirmation screens make more sense with a pad.

I'm super excited. This and Hitman have been at the top of my list for the entire year. Bordelands 2 was a big surprise for me, so if this can hit my single player itch, I'll be in Heaven.

RedSwirl

Custom Cover

360/PS3 (Different Rear)/PC

d_3600jude.png

Just wanted to chime in and say fine job on the OP, glad it wasn't one of those massive multi-gig Photoshop dumps that include every bit of media ever released along with a fully annotated copy of the source code and shit.

Dariso

Neo Member
I'm sure people will want to know soon how the PS3 version is with the review copies I am sure someone will say something about how it runs for those worried, which you shouldn't.
One can only hope. Its pretty much a given X360 version will be better this been UE3.But since they haven't released a single video with PS3 footage,can't really go day 1 with this one, as much as i'd love to.
The game looks great.Pretty hyped for the stealth gameplay.

Ridley327

Should be getting this for free, care of Bethesda Retailer Insiders. This game has been sounding like a winner for a while now.

Grief.exe

Where can I buy the PC version (US) at a discount, if any?

Check out Green Man Gaming, they have 25% off right now.

Should be able to get it for $45, activates on Steam.

A little expensive for me to be honest, wish I could afford this game but I'm just a poor lowly college student.

EDIT: I had the price slightly wrong, I thought it was 20% but its really a 25% off coupon. Boils down to an extra $3 saved.

Jintor

If I hadn't dropped my pre-order money on XCOM already... any good deals going around for a Steam version of this?

/edit hmmm... $49... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Check out Green Man Gaming, they have 25% off right now.

Should be able to get it for $48, activates on Steam.

A little expensive for me to be honest, wish I could afford this game but I'm just a poor lowly college student.

Yeah, I think I'll wait it out. I've still got Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 to play.

iavi

Depending on reviews or release of a demo, might be the first AAA game I day-uno in a while.

Art's nuts, and they've said all the right things in regards to game design and the PC port.

demidar

So I haven't been keeping up with this title, so can anyone fill me in on the world/level design and how open it is? Is it an expansive hub world connected to each instanced level like Thief, everything interconnected and existing within one world like Deus Ex 1, or is it a linear (or maybe branching) string of wide area missions like Alpha Protocol/Hitman? I need to know before I make my decision.

Also GMG's capsule is broken for me, do I need to use it for this game (conversely does anyone know how to fix it)?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pre-ordered. Will play and enjoy.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Too many videos with commentary. I bet they sold this better than they made it.

While I haven't played the game, I must disagree with your assertion. The developers' commentary was, at least for me, useful and insightful. I'm the sort of person who enjoys watching a movie with audio commentary (not the first time, of course), especially if it adds depth and understanding to the product in question.

Jb

Late, but very nice OP indeed Salsa, both pleasant and easy to read.

I'm a little bummed that the embargo ends only the day before release, as such it's probably going to have to compete with the XCOM reviews, which are bound to be pretty good.

iavi

While I haven't played the game, I must disagree with your assertion. The developers' commentary was, at least for me, useful and insightful. I'm the sort of person who enjoys watching a movie with audio commentary (not the first time, of course), especially if it adds depth and understanding to the product in question.

While I'm the same way as you, I can understand their view of not wanting those superflous videos taking away focal team members from the product while in-dev, though I'm sure they don't take all that much time.

Doing all of those after going gold would alleviate any of those concerns.

aegies

Bethesda sent out PC, 360, and PS3 review code of Dishonored. Unfortunately, I'm just not going to have time to put a meaningful amount of playtime into all three.

Spierek

Nuuuuuuh, I really want this, though Borderlands 2 is sucking up all of my free time. Loving the design and the animated promos, though I'm still kind of sceptical about the entire thing in motion. What should I do :|

Valravn

Preordered this game. Only concern i have is that amount of powers makes you OP. Lets hope Arkane balanced it out. Correct me if im wrong, but you wont you get all powers at once and you have a power gauge that you can fill with potions?

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm going to wait for the reviews on this one but I have to admit, more than any other game this year, it appeals to me. I'm a sucker for stealth games.

graywolf323

Bethesda sent out PC, 360, and PS3 review code of Dishonored. Unfortunately, I'm just not going to have time to put a meaningful amount of playtime into all three.

when's the embargo up for Dishonored reviews? :)

edit: nvm just saw it ends a day and a half before release

Top Bottom