• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2013 Badges on Sale Now!

Patryn

UPDAT 3: TOTALLY SOLD OUT! SORRY!
UPDATE 2: SATURDAY IS NOW SOLD OUT!
UPDATE: 3-DAY BADGES ARE SOLD OUT!

Heads up, people! PAX East badges are on sale NOW. You may want to pick yours up ASAP. Last year's PAX Prime sold out in under 2 days. It's likely PAX East will sell a little slower than that, but you'll probably want to buy sooner rather than later.

Buy your badges here!

Costs:

3-day: $70
1-day: $35

PAX East will be three days (Fri-Sun) on March 22-24 at the BCEC, which totally isn't in the heart of Boston. Note: Unlike last year, Sunday will not be Easter.

Hope to see you in Boston!

Current Status of Pass/Hotels:

3-Day: SOLD OUT! (in 27 hours... damn!)
Friday: SOLD OUT!
Saturday: SOLD OUT!
Sunday: SOLD OUT!

Unavailable Official PAX rate hotels:
Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Courtyard Boston Tremont Hotel
Doubletree by Hilton Downtown Boston
Hilton Boston Financial District
Hyatt Regency Boston
InterContinental Boston
Langham Hotel Boston
Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Seaport Hotel
Westin Boston Waterfront

Note: These hotels may still have rooms available if you go to their individual web sites, but you will not be able to get the special PAX rate, so expect to pay out the nose. Also, only those hotels listed as having offered official PAX rates will have shuttle bus service to the convention center.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Man, id love to go to this!

I did the math and it'll cost a grand for my ticket/hotel/flight for it.... too bad im poor right now! lol

Patryn

I think they had a thing last year where it was like 55 or 65 if you bought early, then after a certain point, it went to 70.

But then PAXPrime sold out in alike, a day, this past year. So there's probably no point in doing that.

I think last year they were justifiably worried about the fact that it took place over Easter weekend. In fact, I don't think Sunday ever sold out.

This year they don't have that problem.

Sponge

Banned
I REALLY hope this doesn't sell out soon, I have to have one of the 3 day passes. I have to wait until my friend gets off work tonight so we can figure out if we're buying the 3 day or 1 day passes.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I am more happy that I was able to get a reservation at the Westin on site this year. For the last two years I have been at the InterContinental, which is great hotel but really annoying to have to walk back and forth to the convention site, especially if you want to stick around late playing boardgames.

I'm surprised they keep having PAX at that awfully located convention center. It's so far away from everything else in the city and the whole area around it is completely dead.

Patryn

I am more happy that I was able to get a reservation at the Westin on site this year. For the last two years I have been at the InterContinental, which is great hotel but really annoying to have to walk back and forth to the convention site, especially if you want to stick around late playing boardgames.

When'd you book, out of curiosity? It looks sold out (or currently blacked out) right now.

I'm surprised they keep having PAX at that awfully located convention center. It's so far away from everything else in the city and the whole area around it is completely dead.

The facility is large enough to host the event, which is more than you can say for PAX Prime. It's funny; each of the two has a major weakness. One has the city, but a crappy facility, the other has the facility, but is away from the heart of the city.

I know that it was in the Hynes the first PAX East, which is in the heart of Boston, but it was way too small. Couldn't fit all the people they wanted.

Necrovex

They don't have a choice. Penny Arcade is locked into a contract for another couple of years.

Tadale

Just got my first pair of three day badges. It'll be my first PAX ever – I've been looking forward to going since they announced the first convention years ago.

Hero

Got my badge. Seriously, do not fuck around in waiting for badges for this event. PAX Prime sold out in 2 days this year.

Can't wait! Going to have to make another GAF meet-up. Dibs on the OT. :D

Necrovex

Just got my first pair of three day badges. It'll be my first PAX ever – I've been looking forward to going since they announced the first convention years ago.

Be sure to join the Gaf meetup. It was a blast last year, it should be a blast again.

pyrandes

Looking forward to attending again. Hopefully the passes dont sell put too fast (and I can get my cousin's kids some passes too).

Im slightly worried at the timing with GDC as well, but itll probably be fine.

KdMgMan

Got my badge. Seriously, do not fuck around in waiting for badges for this event. PAX Prime sold out in 2 days this year.

2 days?? you mean two hours. I remember buying the three day pass then in about 2 hours when my friend try to buy his, it was sold out.

Give it time, I think. The convention center is still pretty new, less than ten years old. It takes some time for regular conventions to become established in new locations and hence, for businesses to set up shop in the area.

Mesoian

Keep in mind, there's more stuff there now, restaurants, shops, stores, but not a whole ton. You really do have to put in the legwork if you wanna have a full Boston experience.

Sponge

Banned
I'm having trouble printing my confirmation out to a readable size, it's coming out really small. Any tips on how to make it print so it's actually readable?

Or is it supposed to be this tiny?

Patryn

One thing they were doing this year that I don't think people noticed was running shuttles during the middle of the day to the heart of Boston. It allowed you to go into the city to eat and then come back without worrying about transport.

I'm having trouble printing my confirmation out to a readable size, it's coming out really small. Any tips on how to make it print so it's actually readable?

Only in the worst case scenario will you need that page. Once you get your badge mailed to you, that's pretty much all you need.

Aw man, the Boston meetup was simply wonderful. One of the most exciting parts about this PAX.

You changed your name?

One thing they were doing this year that I don't think people noticed was running shuttles during the middle of the day to the heart of Boston. It allowed you to go into the city to eat and then come back without worrying about transport.

They did it last year as well.

Mesoian

That was mostly due to the kerfuffle between PAX and Anime Boston. Now that they're in separate months, makes me very curious to see how that's going to work.

That was mostly due to the kerfuffle between PAX and Anime Boston. Now that they're in separate months, makes me very curious to see how that's going to work.

No, both years they've been at the BCEC they ran shuttles to three reasonably closeby areas of Boston for people to get food during the lunch hours.

NateDrake

I've gone the past two years and it has been fun. I just don't like buying tickets for something that has no announced booths or exhibitionist this early.
My Italian side always has a big dinner on Palm Sunday and no one can miss it. I've yet to attend all 3 days of PAX East.

Tonguer

Yep, passes bought. I also booked hotel - the one attached had no available rooms, and the next closest sold out while I was looking at room options. I booked something .5miles away (Renaissance), an easy (if brisk) walk. Last year (my first Pax), I made the mistake of waiting a while to pick a hotel - I ended up at the Timbuktu Inn in Farawayville, and spent way too much time and money in cabs.

Screaming_Gremlin

Are you sure you got the Waterfront one, and not the Copley one? There are two Westins in Boston. I almost made that mistake.

Yeah, I got the Waterfront. I was extra careful to check. At the time there weren't any hotels listed on the bottom listed in the "unavailable" section.

Screaming_Gremlin

Any recommendations on the hotels?

We stayed at the InterContinental Boston the last two years and I really liked it. The rooms are comfortable and they had a shuttle running to the convention center in the morning, although we tended to walk so we could stop by the DD for breakfast.

Sponge

Banned
Anyway, even though I have a sort of small printed confirmation page, I just bought my 3 day pass.

March cannot come soon enough.

ultron87

Crap, didn't realize this was going to open up so soon. Need to confirm with people if they'll actually go this year.

this will be my first pax as well. i'll be there exhibiting my indie game, but would love to try to make it to the gaf meet-up. i've always wanted to go to one of those.

Tess3ract

Banned
I wonder if I have to reapply to be an enforcer this year, or if I'm automatically renewed. I never thought to check. Being an enforcer owned so hard.

Oh, I'll be there. It's just a question of how many days and with whom.

I have literally no excuse, as I currently work like a stone's throw away in Fort Point.

Top Bottom