• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeru Miyamoto to talk at the Prince of Asturias Awards Ceremony - 25th October

Stewox

Banned
It's been many months since the announcement, now he's going to talk, in a ceremony that is televized, but im not sure if internationally across europe, I don't have spanish channels, maybe only a few, although I have over 160 channels in the subscription pack (max), due to geolocation(population preference) i don't get most western european stuff.

EDIT: I have one spanish channel: TVE ... hopefully it'll be broadcast there, says it's "national channel"

Related news article example: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/23/shigeru-miyamoto-asturias-prize_n_1539390.html

THURSDAY, 25th OCTOBER

7:30pm Tribute to the video game. Artists and musicians will participate in a meeting addressing the video game world from the viewpoint of the different disciplines of the Fine Arts. Shigeru Miyamoto, Prince of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities, will talk about his experience as a video game creator. The journalist Toni Garrido will be the anchor-man for the event.

Tickets will be available from Saturday, 20th October on (maximum 2 per person). Jovellanos Theatre, in Gijón. The doors to the Jovellanos Theatre will close at 7.15pm. The event will be broadcast live on the Foundation website via streaming video.

Time is in CEST (UTC +2)

http://www.fpa.es/en/news/programme...-asturias-awards-ceremony.html?idCategoria=14

There were previous threads when it was announced he actually won the award after being only nominated 2 times in past, but I made a new thread because this is a separate story which was announced on official site only weeks ago, I guess now he's going to actually acclaim the award and talk for a few minutes or more(?), these awards are really prestigious as far as I heard and may be as "valuable" as much as nobel prize, but when I heard obama getting nobel peace prize after doing nothing and before doing anything, I'm not sure how valuable that comparison is.

should he not be back home working on Pikmin 3
LLShC.gif

ohlawd

There were previous threads when it was annoucned he actually won the award, but I think now he's going to actually acclaim it and talk, these awards are really prestigious as far as I heard and may be as "valuable" as much as nobel prize, but when I heard obama getting nobel peace prize after doing nothing and before doing anything, I'm not sure how valuable that comparison is.

lol'd more than I should have.

That said, I hope Miyamoto brings out his Pikmin plushies.

CaVaYeRo

As posted in the other thread:

He receives award tomorrow in Oviedo (along the likes of Xavi and Casillas, lol), but today @ 19:30 (in less than 2:30 hours from now), Gamelab and Spanish Interactive Arts Academy homage is gonna be held in Gijón.

We got a streaming video link, just in case any gaffer wanna follow it:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/3...je+en+directo/

It'll be ofc in Spanish, but at least the man will be there :)

So please don't confuse current tribute event with tomorrow's act :)

Amazing, didnt remember it was today. Just watched in the tv news.

Lots of fans at the street of the hotel cheering like he was a rockstar, with cosplays and messages on posters. Even the police had to put security.

MisterHero

The only other winner of this same award that I recognize is the National Geographic Society. They and Miyamoto have done great things. :)

Top Bottom