• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Black Ops 2 Wii U Reviews or Impressions?

Eh, this screenshot he took is sort of a bad example. For some reason, the shadows only look like that when far away. When up close they are a bit smoother, see below. Also two other pics for giggles. Again there is NO FRAME RATE drop in Multiplayer, which is where 99% of your game time should be in this game. And this game is no Crysis / BF3 on any of the consoles, so I don't know why you would be playing it for the graphics on any of the consoles. It looks and plays just fine, and is no bad port at all. I put in 5 hours so far and am top 10 in the leaderboard, ITS FINE.
are the second set of shots from Wii U? Were did the cushions come from?!

radcliff

I was playing with the Wii Remote when I paused to adjust some settings. When I returned to the game, the IR pointer stopped working. All other buttons/gestures worked, but I could no longer move the camera/aim. I started a new game and again it wouldn't work. Then I restarted again, and the issue went away. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?

Triz

I renterd on 360 and bought on WiiU. WiiU is comparable and runs fine. Ill take this version with the ability to play on the pad (Skipped the Vita knockoff version) but I really got to get used to the controller. Im alot better on the 360. Maybe the pro controller will help? But that wont be here for a couple days.

Online #s may be a problem though. I know on 360 you are looking at about 100k people to match against. When I was playing earlier I had 388 people total on the wii u. LOL?

I renterd on 360 and bought on WiiU. WiiU is comparable and runs fine. Ill take this version with the ability to play on the pad (Skipped the Vita knockoff version) but I really got to get used to the controller. Im alot better on the 360. Maybe the pro controller will help? But that wont be here for a couple days.

Online #s may be a problem though. I know on 360 you are looking at about 100k people to match against. When I was playing earlier I had 388 people total on the wii u. LOL?

There are not a lot of people online, true, but if you can get into matches it doesn't matter. I've never played in any 50k/50k deathmatch servers. It's 12/12 no matter how you slice it.

Had to wait a couple mins to get into some of the less popular gametypes, but nothing major. Once people see someone in the game they join up pretty fast.

the first shot is deficiently on wii u

the other 2 .....

Yeah that lighting isn't anything special. Thats Wii U; no reason to doubt it.
@dark - if cusions are appearing/disappearing then its possible things like bots have a pretty big effect on performance. Which also fits why the frames drop more in single and not at all in multiplayer.

This would maybe fit in with what we know about the cpu? Am not sure, but yeah we need to properly define any screenshots if were doing comparisons.

Proc

I thought I was clever to use the old wii pro controller until I realized it doesn't have clicky thumb sticks. It works though just so you guys know.

Juice

Just played a few rounds. I love how terrible everyone on multiplayer is. I am finally not the wrist player. Yay Nintendo!

It's weird playing a Nintendo game and being bombarded by grown ass men cursing obnoxiously. As is my custom, I muted audio when playing multiplayer

Edit: all of my playing has been on GamePad with TV turned off from my bedroom. Is super awesome. Love it

J.W.Crazy

I was playing with the Wii Remote when I paused to adjust some settings. When I returned to the game, the IR pointer stopped working. All other buttons/gestures worked, but I could no longer move the camera/aim. I started a new game and again it wouldn't work. Then I restarted again, and the issue went away. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?

A similar thing happened to me. I was already in game and I switched to using the Wiimote but the pointer wouldn't work. I checked with a camera and the lights in the sensor bar weren't on. After I restarted the game everything was fine.

I also had a problem with the gamepad's sensor bar interfering. I had it sitting under my screen with the map displayed earlier today and everything was working fine but when I was playing just now the pointer kept getting sticky. I checked the gamepad with a camera and it's lights were on. I turned the screen away and the pointer worked fine again.

So far I'm really liking it. Finely being able to play a full-fledged CoD game with a Wiimote is great and being able to lay back in bed with the gamepad is even better. Now I need to stop dying so much.

Medalion

Banned
I played some single and online BLOPS2 on Wii-U

The graphics... I've never seen the 360/PS3 versions but I imagine they either look the same or worse, cuz I remember thinking to myself in some places it looked like almost N64 levels

There aren't very many people online playing, it took me awhile to find even a random deathmatch

I don't have time

I can't wait for the Press Reset episode where they chronicle you not having time to send someone to the store.

If I may make a music suggestion, Ave Maria would go fantastic against the footage. Just tweet me at @imranzomg if you need more ideas.

Just played a few rounds. I love how terrible everyone on multiplayer is. I am finally not the wrist player. Yay Nintendo!

It's weird playing a Nintendo game and being bombarded by grown ass men cursing obnoxiously. As is my custom, I muted audio when playing multiplayer

Edit: all of my playing has been on GamePad with TV turned off from my bedroom. Is super awesome. Love it

I've found I can't use the GamePad/Pro Controller as well as I'd like to. Thought my 360 skills would transfer over, but nope!

Proc

Hmmm. Having a little remorse buying this. My pro controller is being shipped now though. That will probably change my opinion some. Noticing frame rate dips in multiplayer. I'm not warming up to the control scheme after extended use. It's neat playing on the tablet screen but I have a feeling that novelty will wear off for me.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

I did the same and I'm happy with my purchase. The off screen feature is awesome and I actually like the controller with this game (changed controls to classic so it's like Xbox button style) Mario and zombiu are better IMO but I'm glad I got blops2. I hope there is a sudden influx of people online though. I bet everyone bought it for ps3 and Xbox already.

Proc

I sounded a bit glum previous post but Im really enjoying this late at night in my bed with the wiiu controller and headphones. It's an awesome new experience. I hope the user base grows for this game.

Haven't played a COD since MW1, having a blast online. I'm not very good, but it's great! Showed my buddy who's as die hard of a fan as you can get, and he loved it. He didn't even know the wii u was out.

No frame rate issues at all, and playing team deathwatch there are always plenty of people. Never had to wait at all. Played campaign for like an hour not sure Ill play it much more.

Gamepad only mode is awesome

guek

Banned
How's playing on the Gamepad? I'm debating between Wii U version and PS3 if it makes any difference.

It's good!! But it takes getting used to. It's a new controller and all.

I'm through the 2nd mission and enjoying the campaign so far. Visually, it's about what I expected. It looks very nice for the most part, though there are occasional hiccups where the framerate drops noticeably bellow 60. Not super often but often enough. Other than that, lookin good :)

edit: also, i'm wondering if this game is at least true. 720p. It looks pretty sharp

beje

Banned
I need help with my Wiimote. I can't get it to work. Big X on the TV screen. 40' Samsung. help anyone?

Sounds like a stupid question but... have you plugged the sensor bar to the console and put it above (or below) your TV? Is the wiimote synced? Does the Home menu recognise it?

Malvingt2

Sounds like a stupid question but... have you plugged the sensor bar to the console and put it above (or below) your TV? Is the wiimote synced? Does the Home menu recognise it?
yes I did all that.. I dunno about home tho. I am going to double check..

Edit: I got it working.. I am happy, thanks for the Home Menu tip.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I dunno what issues people are having I own both 360 and WiiU versions and honestly the Wii u looks much sharper and crisp comparrred to 360. so much so I noticed the 360 graphics looked washed out after playing on Wii U

Controls are going to have me cursing a bit I'm not wired for the wiiu yet.

Top Bottom