• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games - "2013 biggest year since we released Killzone way back in 2004"

Pranay

2013 is gearing up to be another big year for Guerrilla – quite possibly the biggest since we released the original Killzone way back in 2004.

Seems like a new ip for PS4 ?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/24/happy-holidays-from-guerrilla-games-2/

also merry christmas from them

8286337280_5c1706aee9_z.jpg

Well there is that Vita game.

And if they have another ps3 or ps4 launch game for the holidays I guess that would make sense it would be there biggest year. First year they released 2 games.

rdrr gnr

Sounds like a new IP but for what platform? There was that article from earlier this year talking about all their ideas that were cut including a Ghost in the Shell game and one with magic and werewolves. Let's hope whatever they decided on is just as unique.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Ok nice, even though they preface it by saying "quite possibly"... "the biggest since we released the original Killzone way back in 2004" this means that it "has" to be something really big, KZ4 on the PS4 big... Otherwise that is one lame statement.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
According to their SIGGRAPH 11 technical Killzone 3 analysis they stopped production on KZ3 in November 2010, which meant only a small crew was working on KZ3 in the 4 months after production stopped and the game launched.

Just to put time passed into perspective.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I don't like the games - I actually actively dislike KZ3. But IMO, the game is the best looking game on consoles - and the original KZ was one of the best looking games on the PS2. They obviously have that part down; so I'm excited to see their PS4 reveal.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It's starting to boil now; bits and pieces of next gen are finally being hinted.

Hopefully it won't be a plethora of silly target renders this time. You want to show what we're going to see on next-gen consoles? Use some random high-pc spec instead of again, some cgi render.

I'm not sure where people are getting new IP from.
It's gotta be KZ4 and the PS4 needs to launch with it. It will be the killer app for the PS4 or that's what Sony is hoping people will say.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Yes! This is Guerrilla's chance to establish Killzone as a household name and put it on an even playing field with the Halo's, CoD's and BF's of the world. I'm certain they will do it. I have absolute faith in them

Yes! This is Guerrilla's chance to establish Killzone as a household name and put it on an even playing field with the Halo's, CoD's and BF's of the world. I'm certain they will do it. I have absolute faith in them

Yes! Finally time for their Halo killer.

Seriously, lets see a new IP

Verendus

Banned
I've always felt the biggest mistake with Killzone was putting us in the perspective of uninteresting ISA characters. The most iconic aspect of Killzone are the Helghast. We should have taken charge of some badass uber ninja Helghast soldier.

You know what gamers like? Anti-heroes. You know what always go over well with audiences? Redemption stories. Mix the two and there's your new protagonist for the new trilogy. A rightfully jaded Helghast elite soldier who begins to question the war and the reason for fighting on both sides. Being a ninja elite, he can have a few more abilities than just shooting and stabbing. Imagine those ninjas from KZ3, but upgraded.

There's bound to be more Killzone on PS3. Seriously, GG. Read this and take note. Change it up and leave Sev, Rico and the like in the past.

PS4 is like a fresh, new chance to blow minds and get a larger audience on board for your series. If you do it right, and you're there for launch, it could basically be a re-birth for the series. Do not continue with such boring protagonists. You need someone memorable at the helm. You already have a memorable design. Just jack the age old tale of a fighter changing sides or learning to fight for something different. Use the lore of the series. Make it interesting. There's potential there to make it quite big.

Instead it will look really pretty, play decently, and never use any of the rich background that the Killzone franchise has established in its lore. And it will not make a big impact on anything. :\

I remember that gif, and upon short inspection that looks photorealistic. Imagine KZ4 with a generational leap in power. It'll literally be perfect.

Edit - I remember in KZ3, the mushroom cloud in the background looked sooo epic and the war zone was so detailed and chaotic. Man I love killzone.

Instead it will look really pretty, play decently, and never use any of the rich background that the Killzone franchise has established in its lore. And it will not make a big impact on anything. :\

Rule #1 for GG next gen should be "STOP CHASING EVERYONE ELSE." Just do your own thing. Make Killzone the game it has the potential to be.

abadguy

Banned

Probably because outside of it's graphics, it's pretty mediocre in all of those aspects.

Top Bottom