• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R&B is coming back strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

New FKA twigs is my album of the year so far. Gives me James Blake vibes, and that album is like top 10 material. Her voice is gorgeous too.

number11

The Banks album doesn't disappoint. It's just a shame that she released over half the tracks weeks/months before the album release.

Fjordson

The Banks album doesn't disappoint. It's just a shame that she released over half the tracks weeks/months before the album release.
That's true. Like there are three tracks on here from her London EP and that came out a year ago.

Still, I'm loving the album. Pretty much every song is good.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Speaking of R&B, when's Frank Ocean's next album dropping?

No one knows. Back in June it was said that the album was almost complete, but there's no release date. Hopefully it's 2014, a new FO album would make my year.

"What Is This Heart?" is basically my favorite thing ever, though. Gonna be hard for anyone to top it. Been listening to it pretty much every day. House Inside 🙌✨.

Luke James: Luke James
Mix of R&B styles with STRONG vocals. DOPE

Luke_James_-_Luke_James.jpg

Luke James - Exposé | "...wait a minute DANCE"

Luke James - Trouble | "...It'll be a cold day in HELL before I miss TROUBLE TROUBLE"

Luke James - Exit Wounds | "That's just an exit wound that just won't close... FUCK YOU"

SoMo: SoMo
Sexy, Make-Love, Passion, head-boppin’ R&B. DOPE

SoMo_-_SoMo.jpg

SoMo - Show Off | "I'm gon' take your legs up and wrap them and squeeze it then smack it, you know I wanna show off"

SoMo - I do it all for You | "Do it all for you, Do it all for US"

SoMo - Ride | "Whisper dirty secrets, while im pullin on your hair... I'm gon' ride"

Mali Music: Mali Is...
Raspy, Vibe-out, Feel-Good, Unique R&B with the perfect dash of Hip-Hop. DOPE

malimusicmaliIS.jpg

Mali Music - Ready Aim | "they have rockets and machine guns... but I say fire... Ready, Aim, FIRE"

Mali Music - Fight For You | "You hold the light and its shining and making darker places bright in your lighter... I won't let them take you"

Mali Music - No Fun Alone | "you can feel alone in the spotlight... IT'S NO FUN ALONE"

Mali Music - Heavy Love | "Its a love, so amazing, It ain't moving, heavy love"

DagsJT

Really like what I've heard of Luke James and Mali Music. I'll need to listen to SoMo when my wife isn't around as she'll think I'm a perv with the lyrics posted there :D

Just saw this pop up on my news feed. It's also trending on Facebook!

FKA twigs #throughglass

FKA twigs creates a concept film for Google Glass, working both as performer and director the piece is set to a re-scored version of her songs 'Video Girl' and 'Glass & Patron'. Twigs uses Glass to call upon references and inspirations as well as incorporating the device into the actual filming.

Reckoner

I think the new Jessie Ware has beaten out everything for me, and I wasn't even huge on ballads before really

As a whole, I still prefer the first one. It felt more cohesive and consistent throughout. This one has three or four songs that are really a standout for me. Tought Love, Want Your Feeling, Cruel and Sweetest Song are the ones that come to my mind.

Fjordson

As a whole, I still prefer the first one. It felt more cohesive and consistent throughout. This one has three or four songs that are really a standout for me. Tought Love, Want Your Feeling, Cruel and Sweetest Song are the ones that come to my mind.
No "Kind Of...Sometimes...Maybe" =[ that's a classy as hell jam right there.

I just discovered Nelly's Dilemma ft. Kelly Rowland and I absolutely love this song!

What other great R & B songs have I been missing out?

Ties

Banned
does anyone know when kelela is dropping her debut lp like girl's been on my watchlist for years and all i have from her so far is her mixtape

Fjordson

does anyone know when kelela is dropping her debut lp like girl's been on my watchlist for years and all i have from her so far is her mixtape
Not a whole lot of info on it yet. Just that she's working on it. Feel like it could be coming out early next year.

Sounds like the production will be on point, though. Seen her mention in interviews people like Bok Bok, Arca, Evian Christ and Hudson Mohawke.

I think Kelela just had a new song drop the other day. It was on Hypem as a popular track. But I'm thirsty for her myself. Her mixtape was on point!

HiResDes

I've been listening to the new 18+ album a lot. I think it might be one of the most interesting R&B albums I've heard this year for sure. Not sure why I stand on it, but I feel as if it might be a grower. It kind of sounds like a really rough, sadomasochistic version of The XX.

Fjordson

I've been catching up on 2014 stuff I missed, some of them coming from recommendations from friends, and one of them just sent me this "Just Like You" EP from LIZ: https://soundcloud.com/maddecent/sets/liz-just-like-you-ep-jeff070

I really, really like it. Totally passed me by when it came out.

I've been listening to the new 18+ album a lot. I think it might be one of the most interesting R&B albums I've heard this year for sure. Not sure why I stand on it, but I feel as if it might be a grower. It kind of sounds like a really rough, sadomasochistic version of The XX.

Interesting. Will definitely check this out tonight.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
[URL="http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/22386/1/stream-18s-succulent-debut-[/URL]

Bless

This is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom