• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hmm I felt exactly the same way about I am alive. Somewhat flawed? Sure, but a really good little game with great atmosphere.

I'm now wondering if I should try deadlight. Next sale I guess.
I Am Alive is surprisingly great. Deadlight is a colossal disappointment.

HoosTrax

Ugh I feel like a bout of deja vu coming on, and this time it's Kotaku that took the bait.

kotaku.png

Ok, people, I need some spiritual Steam guidance:

I've decided to cut down a bit on my backlog since this Steam sale left me with like heaps of games to play. (Although I checked my account history and I got 17 games out of the Steam sale, which is indeed quite a bit for me.)

Whatever, I began playing Spec Ops The Line because my friends told me to (more like, continuously insisted to), but I want to broaden my horizons a bit more and stray a bit from the TPS stuff.

I was undecided between Unmechanical, Half-Minute Hero. Wargame European Escalation or continuing with Skyrim, which I dropped for the last days after getting a bit tired of the "go here, talk that dude/girl", dragon-shout, etc.

Or maybe I should just sit and keep adding to dat backlog.

edit: also, this is officially my first post! Hello everyone, couldn't find an intro thread but I'll probably be invading the Steam threads like a black phantom because, you know, STEAM.

Which is so damn annoying because part of the reason they chose to dumb it down was to focus on this stupid cinematic narrative and nothing happens. I'm 16 missions in and all that's happened is a standard kidnapping and ransom thing. Such a waste.

do yourself a favor and tone out the story. it really doesn't get much better
or conclusive really...

i just used it as a 'ok, so what am i doing here and who am i going to kill'. I swear some of the missions just don't flow with the rest of the story.

gameplay kept me in it though

Glass Rebel

This isn't new, Konami's games are only available in some regions like the US.

If you're asking for the reason, it's because they're Konami.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just wrapped up 100% in Psychonauts. Wasn't as irritating as I thought it would be. I found an amazing guide to figure out the remaining 3 bullshit figments I was missing.

swag11naxk.png

It feels pretty good having it join Costume Quest:

swag2ejy63.png

and Stacking:

swag3npzck.png

I'm ready for The Cave now. I have a pretty easy 100% line up after this too: The Walking Dead, Scribblenauts, and Lego LOTR.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm really hoping they release it with LOS1 + real-time cutscenes. I had fun with it on my PS3, but I feel like I can't replay it and appreciate the art.... or gameplay.

Since we don't have a GamersGate thread and lots of people from Steam Sale thread bought items from GamersGate during the "fiasco" I'll post this here:
Update 07 January 2013:

Dear Members,

Over the holidays we had a few problems with our site that affected some of you who bought or tried to buy the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four-Pack.

We mistakenly advertised these packs at a price much lower than intended.

Many customers were quick to purchase the bundles at these low prices, in fact so many that our servers buckled under the pressure resulting in additional technical problems.

What does this mean for you?

If you have managed to access at least one serial key
This means that we were able to complete your order. As difficult as it is for us, we will be honoring the price that we advertised and you will get to keep all of the games you bought – we’re currently waiting on serial keys to complete your orders and will deliver them as soon as possible.

If you have not managed to access any of the games
This means that we were not able to complete your order due to technical difficulties, and have therefore reversed your payment. We understand the disappointment that you have experienced especially during the Holiday season and as compensation we are providing your account with a 20% discount valid on all purchases on the GamersGate site until 31 December 2013. In the few cases where discounts are not permitted, we will do our best to provide similar compensation (e.g. the equivalent amount in Blue Coins). The discount is not valid when purchasing Blue Coins.

We want to apologize for these mistakes and the amount of time it has taken to resolve everything. It is possible that there are some who may be “stuck in the middle” and we would like to direct them to our support team so we can help you individually. Please be aware that due to the above issues, our support team is under heavy pressure – we will be answering all tickets we receive, but it may take longer than usual until things calm down.

We hope that you can be pleased with the resolution of these issues, and that we can continue to deliver fantastic deals and some exciting new releases as we move forward.

End note: Don't trust GamersGate.
5lE0W.png

Isaccard

Someones's still salty about not getting their keys

Isn't that what one of the devs said? That the gameplay was made average on purpose so as to not detract people from the narrative? What an awful excuse.

Some people person, not long ago was praising the [boring] gameplay and the AI for it's use of "tactics" and flanking not too long ago and really enjoyed it

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Since we don't have a GamersGate thread and lots of people from Steam Sale thread bought items from GamersGate during the "fiasco" I'll post this here:

Yay. 20%.

:|

I can get Fallout 3 GOTY for just $16 now!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SteamScores is pissing me off. Literally every time I go to update my profile (usually after 100%ing something) it gets stuck with this:

"Status: Loading game 1 of 9..."

which then just changes to:

"Error: Steam is offline or under heavy load, we cannot load your profile now. Please try again in a few minutes."

And hitting refresh just sets it back to 1 of 9. It has been like that for days now.

SteamScores is pissing me off. Literally every time I go to update my profile (usually after 100%ing something) it gets stuck with this:

"Status: Loading game 1 of 9..."

which then just changes to:

"Error: Steam is offline or under heavy load, we cannot load your profile now. Please try again in a few minutes."

And hitting refresh just sets it back to 1 of 9. It has been like that for days now.

"Your profile is being updated, please wait

Error: Steam is offline or under heavy load, we cannot load your profile now. Please try again in a few minutes."

don't feel too bad....

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why can't Valve just add those filters to the community page? I just want to see achievement related games only and sorted by percent complete.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MercurySteam also hinted at a PC port of the original. It'd be nice if it came bundled with the LoS2.

The sheer number of terrribly encoded pre-rendered cutscenes is a real boner-killer though. The looked ass even on the PS3 blu-ray that apparently didn't have enough space for a proper encode.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why can't Valve just add those filters to the community page? I just want to see achievement related games only and sorted by percent complete.

That'll come after private messaging and chat logs.

The sheer number of terrribly encoded pre-rendered cutscenes is a real boner-killer though. The looked ass even on the PS3 blu-ray that apparently didn't have enough space for a proper encode.

You win some, you lose some. :p

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
pre-rendered cutscenes in PC games is the cancer of ports

Yeah, it's sucks especially hard when the cutscenes were obviously very expensive to produce, but are completely ruined by the extreme compression. I guess it's one of those "development realities" and it's not worth the effort to present them in their full glory on PC.

Tizoc

I'd be happy just to play the first game above 20fps for once :p

I never had frame rate issues playing the game TBH, have you played it after it got its latest patch (1.04)? Although I am certain the game ran fine for me even before then @_@.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I never had frame rate issues playing the game TBH, have you played it after it got its latest patch (1.04)? Although I am certain the game ran fine for me even before then @_@.

You are ok with shit framerates then. Consider yourself blessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom