• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

As soon as I heard Platinum were the chosen devs, I was on this shit.

I can say that it is well beyond my high expectations. It looks GOTY-worthy.

Gamestop Lamp Edition Pre-ordered. So excited.

TheBear

Here's my dilemma. I fucking love MGS to death. It is my all time favourite games series. However I'm not really down with action games. I didn't enjoy DMC4, Bayonetta and found Vanquish just to be OK. I really don't know whether this will be my thing, what do you guys think?

(No I can't download the demo, wifi card in my PS3 is suuuuuper slow)

Akainu

Wait, is that sam from vanquish that I'm seeing?

It is Vanquish Rising after all.

Well, don't worry about it. We have a gif for MGS fans that hate this game:

1360622052370sjkpa.gif

Oh did you end up liking DmC?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Here's my dilemma. I fucking love MGS to death. It is my all time favourite games series. However I'm not really down with action games. I didn't enjoy DMC4, Bayonetta and found Vanquish just to be OK. I really don't know whether this will be my thing, what do you guys think?

Avoid this game.

rvy

Banned

Nope.

Oh did you end up liking DmC?

As a DMC game? Impossible. As an action game? Pretty fun.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

This not an MGS game. It's an action game set in the MGS universe.

Akainu

I'm looking at that gif and wondering. He can stop massive submarines and lift Rays how is he losing to anyone?

Buy it when it becomes cheap. It might open your eyes to that Platinum magic since you already like Metal Gear.

I dont want to buy the Limited Edition because its pricy but i really fucking want that limited edition because that stupid lamp is too cool

rvy

Banned
There's no fucking way he should have been able to lift that Ray and toss it like that lol

How come? Did you play MGS 4? Do you realize he stopped Outer Haven (or whatever that ship was called, I don't give a fuck) with his feet and katana?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
How come? Did you play MGS 4? Do you realize he stopped Outer Haven (or whatever that ship was called, I don't give a fuck) with his feet and katana?

1360622052370sjkpa.gif

C'mon bro cmonnn! Look lol.

Jesus Christ lol I'm vomiting all over my keyboard now

Ban Puncher

Haven't been this exited to play a new Metal Gear game since MGS2.

PS3 & 360 PAL limited editions pre-ordered.

Hurt my wallet more, Platinum! More!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I am looking.

I am speaking of the nature of the toss and the leverage that he had, even in videogame terms I don't think that he would have been capable of tossing that Ray like that lol,

Maybe toss some Geckos around but not even as high either

Akainu

What? Why? We're having a discussion. We're having fun.

The more I look at it the more Mistral annoys me. Seriously it set up as the perfect action game Gilgamesh fight. All those arms and a whip/pole is all you can give me? Come oooon!

Veelk

Banned
How is he holding on to it. Shouldn't the end of it get stuck in the ground when spinning?

Do you think that after lifting a thousand ton robot, he'd let the ground get in the way? I don't doubt the ground tried to stop him. It just failed.

Edit: you can even see some debris falling off when he throws it.

rvy

Banned
I am speaking of the nature of the toss and the leverage that he had, even in videogame terms I don't think that he would have been capable of tossing that Ray like that lol,

Maybe toss some Geckos around but not even as high either

Just enjoy the game, strawman.

MAX PAYMENT

Raiden is one of the worst characters in all of gaming. He has a crazy split personality because of his experiences as a child soldier? Was being a helpless bitch for the entirety of MGS2 part of his split personality? Or are we supposed to pretend he has always been badass and capable?

Day one, regardless.
Gray Fox skin only so I don't have to look at Raiden.

I have watched like every trailer of this game with no regrets. Haven't been so hyped since Max Anarchy, and before that, Dark Souls.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Just enjoy the game, strawman.

I will, don't get me wrong though, I'm not hating it's just that I find the gif hilarious.

-edit ooooh I see raiden stabbed the Arm with the sword and had extra leverage to toss it hmm, more plausible lol.

Top Bottom