• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Oh god. Kojima what are you doing to peoples poor brains.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Easily done in zbrush... Have you used zbrush? No. Not easily. Nothing is easily done in that program
It wasn't easy current gen. But we're talking next-gen here.

MediaMolecule presents: Joakim
7l6Ilyd.gif

apesh1t

Banned
whoa, dudes, what if like....we're the ones that are CG and that guy from Moby Dick studios is the real one..........what.......man.......I'm so high.

Oh dear god at the Cliffy photoshops...

NeoGaf>Internet>NeoGaf strikes again!

People might be right about Geoff Keighley and Joakim Mogren were probably not in the same room together when they filmed that.

At the end, when he's doing the fake "I'm surprised" face, a shadow on his neck kinda flips out.

Seems hilarious enough to be plausible.

yeah I noticed that too... That is pretty unnatural, the way the lighting flickers for a brief moment on his neck.

Now lets just speculate that this is CGI, could the face be composed from different people? Could the eyes be scanned from Cliffy B (which is where people draw the comparisons?) and the mouth scanned from somewhere else (people say Hideo's translator or whoever?) ? But now this is getting into insane speculation territory.

I think his Swedish accent is faked?

I didn't hear him say "Bork, bork, bork, bork!" once. It's gotta be a fake accent.

It's his iPad. The one you just saw him holding and now he's putting away because he "accidentally" gave something away.

and what about the walnut appearing and disappearing out of the blue, as well as the shirt collar suddenly separating from the neck.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So you think rendering a few minutes of video would cost millions of dollars?

CGI is expensive

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40119274&postcount=1055

Deus Ex trailer of a few minutes cost 2.5 million.

You either have no idea what you are talking about or are not realizing just how much work would go into something like this.

'They already have the graphics.' That made me laugh.

It's the same as the people who think that an FF7 remake will be cheap and fast.

"They already have the characters and the story and the graphics! Just make everything HD and they will make loads of money!"

Shito

It's his iPad. The one you just saw him holding and now he's putting away because he "accidentally" gave something away.
To be fair, you don't see him holding the ipad, only a close-up of someone doing it.
Not saying it prooves anything (I'm 50-50 on the whole matter, because I don't want to eat crows if he happens to be CG in the end), just that even with the "not CG" angle it would be pretty stupid to think the whole thing was done in a single sequence / same room.
Be it CG or a real-man, he's most probably not holding any ipad in his hands in the last shot. ^^

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I keep watching it and start to question my own sanity. Theres like... some lighting quirks that really match to how Phantom Pain looked, specifically the lighting on this guy:
2mramg.jpg

So if Mogren isn't CG, it feels like they wanted to fuck with people and get the lighting of an interview just right.

Oh god I can feel myself becoming stupid. Noooooooo. I will side on it not being CG. Because... fuck you Kojima.

aniki

If I was showing off my hyper-realistic rendering engine with a full-CGI person in a fake interview I wouldn't have his eyes closed so much.

Top Bottom