• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

fabprems

For Mogren? Here's one of the few.

cyHls3L.gif

Look like CG to me, especially the movement of the eyelids look weird...

DJMicLuv

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

It's NeoGAF so it's usually both and neither at once.

CGI is expensive

I could knock you up a decent looking Joakim in less the 18 minutes using only Degas Elite and I'd do it all in exchange for an old copy of Reader's Wives. CGI is cheap as chips if you're as skilled as the fucking likes of me. They call me the CG wizard and it's not just 'cos I pay them to.

So if he does end up being CG, and ends up fooling pretty much everyone who watched the video, we get to call anyone bringing up the uncanny valley morons from now on, right? Right?

Dawg

Meh, the outcome doesn't matter even matter for me at this point.

The mere fact that people are discussing about this and want to convince eachother it's cg/not cg means only one thing: Kojima has won again.

Hideo, you magnificent bastard.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
There's a theory that the V in Metal Gear Solid V stands for Vita and not 5. If this turns out to be a real-time demo running on a PSVita I'll toss my PC in the garbage.

What did your poor pc ever do to you :(?

MormaPope

Banned
Mogren's mouth is like an abyss, with the amount of lighting on his face you should be able to see inside his mouth and his tongue and such. Compare his mouth to Geoff's, you can see Geoff's tongue and actual flesh inside, Mogren's mouth is a black hole where you periodically see his tongue.

I keep watching it and start to question my own sanity. Theres like... some lighting quirks that really match to how Phantom Pain looked, specifically the lighting on this guy:
2mramg.jpg

So if Mogren isn't CG, it feels like they wanted to fuck with people and get the lighting of an interview just right.

Oh god I can feel myself becoming stupid. Noooooooo. I will side on it not being CG. Because... fuck you Kojima.

This pic makes me say: "Screw you DOF!!!"

Rehynn

Meh, the outcome doesn't matter even matter for me at this point.

The mere fact that people are discussing about this and want to convince eachother it's cg/not cg means only one thing: Kojima has won again.

Hideo, you magnificent bastard.

He will have won again if the actual game turns out to be good. Everything else is irrelevant.

Compare the mouths when talking.

capturejyx0c.png

capture2cfz32.png

Guy never opens his teeth more than a very tiny amount.

Motion:

the-phantom-pain-joaku0bx8.gif

Eyes

the-phantom-pain-joakbfuee.gif

Conclusion:

He is real, but Geoff is a ventriloquist

EVIL

and what about the walnut appearing and disappearing out of the blue, as well as the shirt collar suddenly separating from the neck.

Neck muscles that contract and relax you dope! and the adams apple is under the bandage. Jeesh, you guys are looking at this low quality vid far to long and are seeing things.

You want me to shoot some crow for you to eat?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You see, the FOX engine is so good, this better than most movie CGI is actually rendered real time, and with tools so easy to use that they developed it in a single weekend!

You know what, here's a better conspiracy theory: Everyone here even slightly believing this are paid viral marketers in order to get people including myself to watch this dumb interview they would have never otherwise watched. That's more believable to me than having all these people actually believe this even has a 50/50 chance of being a real thing.

DJMicLuv

Oh god I can feel myself becoming stupid. Noooooooo.

One of us. One of us.

There's a theory that the V in Metal Gear Solid V stands for Vita and not 5. If this turns out to be a real-time demo running on a PSVita I'll toss my PC in the garbage.

If it turns out to be a real-time demo running on a PSVita I'll toss myself in the fucking garbage.

someone needs to summarize what happened in the simcity thread, cause if its comparable to this..

Sim City is actually CG.

Compare his mouth to Geoff's, you can see Geoff's tongue and actual flesh inside, Mogren's mouth is a black hole where you periodically see his tongue.

Maybe Joakim just has a tiny fucked up tongue and now you're just mocking his affliction. If he's reading this thread, and I hope and pray that somewhere out there in CGland he is, I'm sure he's feeling quite glum and gloomy after reading all the shit GAF have thrown around about him and his fat lips. Poor, poor Joakim. Do CG heads have feelings? Christ I hope not.

Salsa

Maybe Joakim just has a tiny fucked up tongue and now you're just mocking his affliction. If he's reading this thread, and I hope and pray that somewhere out there in CGland he is, I'm sure he's feeling quite glum and gloomy after reading all the shit GAF have thrown around about him and his fat lips. Poor, poor Joakim. Do CG heads have feelings? Christ I hope not.

he's probably crying on the shoulders of woody and a navi

this some wreck it ralph shit

Top Bottom