• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fabrik

Banned
1xzukm.png

No I think he's real. Too many details. Perfect lighting. Even Hollywood hasn't reach this level with CG so in real-time with Fox Engine, it's highly doubtful.

Dawg

I'm gathering all the replies of people being positive that dude is CG.

And when the day comes and they reveal who it was, I'll send all those replies to that guy just to see his reaction.

mite b cool

I'm gathering all the replies of people being positive that dude is CG.

And when the day comes and they reveal who it was, I'll send all those replies to that guy just to see his reaction.

mite b cool
And what will you do if it's cg? Send the thread to Kojima? =D

If it's true, props to Kojima. Really, if it turns out real... then he got me hard. Because I'm 100% sure it's not cg.
I honestly can't tell well enough to make a call. (Edit: and if someone who works in CG land can give me some reasons why a mix between cg and real actor for the dev is impossible, I'd love to hear them.) What makes you so sure it's not, though?

Rapstah

His accent is Southern Norwegian, not Swedish. I have nothing to prove this.

Here's the twist... it's Geoff Knightley that's been CGI all along and Joakim Mogren is real. All of those Doritos and Mountain Dew endorsements have been used to fund the existence of Geoff Knightley.

This actually sounds just like the plot of an MGS game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thats a real dude.
But props to Kojima for making people guess. BIG BAWS KOJIMA

Bedlam

I'm not really on board with the CG theory, but...

Didn't Cliffy B. mention that Kojima showed him something mindblowing some time ago? Maybe this recent tweet jokingly refers to a tech-demo:

QbFOSKH.jpg

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Pie and Beans pledges that it was his mid-morning slump that lead to his blood sugars having him doubt himself. Thats a real dude. Fuck all y'all. You won't get me Kojima. You won't.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Didn't Cliffy B. mention that Kojima showed him something mindblowing some time ago? Maybe this recent tweet jokingly refers to a tech-demo:

QbFOSKH.jpg

No, Kojima showed him the Ground Zeroes demo we've already seen.

QbFOSKH.jpg
No fucking way. That has got to be a coincidence. That's too perfect.
Why is there enough eyelash to project a shadow on the right side then?
He's kidding, silly. No one cuts their eyelashes.

BadWolf

Probably isn't but it would be very cool if it was.

Regardless, I just hope PP is an actual game and not some tech demo or whatever.

He is supposed to be Swedish right? That is obviously not a Swedish accent, sounds like someone trying to sound Swedish but failing hard, sounds more Norwegian, but still not right.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
This thread is incredible. GAF at its absolute best. Kojima is so obviously just fucking with everyone he's either actually a demented genius or gone so far off the rails that nobody dares stop him for fear of their own life.

TrutaS

If it's CG its not real-time and was mo-capped till the end of times and they might as well just pre-record some actor. Actually I found the interview a bit ridiculous because no information was given and it was obviously just to put a face on the man. If it is indeed cg then he will probably be a character from the game (hence the bandages).

DJMicLuv

Well I can't. I'm not a squint expert or currently on drugs.

I'm both and I'll put my life savings on that squint being amongst the squintieist I've ever seen. It's a squint alright. A 100% dyed-in-the-wool squinter of a man is this Joakim fellow.

Definitely real.

GAF's collective stupidity? Yes, it's almost tangible.

Am I the only one who finds this whole thing bizarre?

No, there are others like you here. You're safe.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
If it's CG its not real-time and was mo-capped till the end of times and they might as well just pre-record some actor. Actually I found the interview a bit ridiculous because no information was given and it was obviously just to put a face on the man. If it is indeed cg then he will probably be a character from the game (hence the bandages).

Didn't you see the character in bandages during the gameplay bits?

I'm on my phone so I can't do it but can someone check to see the bandages match in terms of lighting/texture after each cutaway to GK. What if they're using liveaction mixed with cgi in alternating segments to the degree we don't notice?

Top Bottom