• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor - From the Makers of Bastion

xptoxyz

Reveal Trailer

Science-fiction-
themed action RPG.

Main Character's name is Red.

Coming 2014

Early build playable at PAX East, booth #892.

Darren Korb and Ashley Barrett returning for the score/soundtrack.

Logan Cunningham confirmed as voice actor (previously a character and Narrator in Bastion) GAF Thread

Official Screenshots said:
iVaLhU91zMZL.jpg

izSKBPOA1gJhH.jpg

inHxhRHDJr1PY.jpg

iRgXjQWYAFQEZ.jpg

Video captures on the post bellow.

I love the art, but if it plays like Bastion I don't think I'll be into it. I really wanted to love that game, but something about the way it played just turned me off.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Is it just me or this has some Japanese influence in chara design? Looks great.

I love their art sensibility. Another action RPG though? I really liked Bastion but towards the end the gameplay was feeling worn out. Maybe they'll deepen the mechanics for this one.

sn00zer

Aww man...love the art style...just not the gameplay....would love a more 3d-game with it...reminds me of stuff by Mucha

Wow, that looks awesome. I love the character design; fits the art more than Bastion's character models did. That was the one discrepancy I lamented in that game; the art was so much cooler for The Kid outside of the game.

I love their art sensibility. Another action RPG though? I really liked Bastion but towards the end the gameplay was feeling worn out. Maybe they'll deepen the mechanics for this one.

Everything about Bastion was great except for actually playing the game. I felt bored with it after getting to the 1st boss. This doesn't look like that great of departure from bastion.

Scanna

first Xbox 720 exclusive perhaps?
that no-console announcement looks fishy to me...
pure speculation though

btw, game looks marvelous

JordanKZ

Really great art work and the animation looks cool too.

But another 2.5D action game? I wish they would have branched out and done something else.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Visually it looks fantastic, but so did Bastion. I may have been one of three people in the universe that Bastion did not hook, so here's hoping Transistor does the trick this time.

xptoxyz

I do hope they are able to differentiate themselves on gameplay as well, because damn if they haven't already on art and soundtrack already, that alone makes me want to try it.

So its future Bastion?

Cool.

Also its good to know what GiantBombs 2014 Downloadable GOTY will be this far in advance.

first Xbox 720 exclusive perhaps?
that no-console announcement looks fishy to me...
pure speculation though

I guess like most indie games these days it will be announce for Steam and a console release will be investigated.

Sony seem to be picking up disgruntled XBLA developers left and right so who knows. I think Supergiant have one of the few indies who didnt have anything bad to say about there XBLA experience over the last few years so who knows.

rakhir

Yeah, I think i'll buy every game made by those guys.

And you're crazy if you didn't like the music, it's superb.
Is that original music too? Sounded great.
Yeah, the same guy that did Bastion music - Darren Korb. Same singer too, she sang in 'Build That Wall'

Can't wait for the combat. The combat in Bastion was great in that you could have any weapon combo and it'd be as legitimate an optimal strategy as anything else.

Decado

I hope it has a substantially improved combat system. Bastion is beautiful, but the gameplay isn't terribly compelling.

gdt

Visually it looks stunning. But it looks like it plays similar to Bastion...which was solid enough but I was hoping for a new and improved combat/traversal/movement system. Still, Day 1.

Top Bottom