• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

Afrit

I haven't been following the thread since after a few pages, so I'm not sure if this was brought up but: could it possibly be GT 6? I'm not sure if that has been confirmed for the PS3, but even then maybe it could be a cross-platform game.

GT game for Vita is a possibility. But the amazingly big game discussed in this thread he confirmed that it's a third party game.

Its not third party. The only game that is making sense is GTA.
you mean it's third party.

jimmypython

All clues point toward Ubi, but there is something bugging me.

- Ubi works closely with Sony recently, so I would think Shahid and his crew knew about their list of games in development long time ago. The big amazing game in question was unexpected; they only found about it recently from an internal email.

Yeah, a new Vita AC makes most sense to me.....

I haven't been following the thread since after a few pages, so I'm not sure if this was brought up but: could it possibly be GT 6? I'm not sure if that has been confirmed for the PS3, but even then maybe it could be a cross-platform game.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-for-playstation-vita-mentioned-in-sony-survey/

Survey said:
“You told us earlier how interested you would be in buying the PS Vita version of the latest Gran Turismo game. Knowing that you might be able to get a discount on the PS3 version of the game, how interested are you now in the PS Vita version?”

It is 3rd party? Cool.

Yes, should be added to the first post really.
That particular tweet was me excited about one particular third party title. :) There are of course many third party titles.

DiscoJer

Its not first party. The only game that is making sense is GTA.

Why doesn't another AC game (to coincide with AC: Black Flag) make sense?

Other than most people here not wanting it?

And he might be surprised because it wasn't officially announced when AC Black Flag was.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Yeah, a new Vita AC makes most sense to me.....
I wouldn't put a new AC on the list of heart-attack causing games, though ;)

Especially given the comments about how Ubi were pleased with its sales. I'm expecting something totally different.

Redhood

Come to think of it UBI as a publisher is making sense

Rayman Legends with PS3 cross controller. The game has a challenge mode which can be competed for hours among friends.

I called it.

Then we have Splinter cell or Ghost recon and AC.

So I don't know but UBI as a publisher is starting to make sense.

It will be a megaton if its not UBI, is a big title and a new publisher who has not released a vita game yet.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

And he might be surprised because it wasn't officially announced when AC Black Flag was.

Yea. I think it is the AC game. AC is Ubi's biggest franchise, and is one of the Vita's best selling games. Also, I'd expect very few people know about that rumoured AC game for the vita unless you are a gaffer. Heck, I'd expect that most gaffers only now about the upcoming Black Flag.

So yea, from Shahid's perspective, the game is unannounced, is an entry in the biggest franchise from a major publisher, and it will be the most prominent title released by a third party on the vita. It will also be a separate title held within the same universe, so it is not a port. It all fits.

spannicus

Prince of Persia Vita. Bend is doing Syphon Filter Vita.
ghost-recon-ps-vita.jpg
quoted for size

spannicus

wait. What are those two covers about? It says TBC 2012? it doesn't really make sense.

old game listings from EU store sometime last year, we got Liberations instead of AC3 but that Ghost Recon game is still a possibility. Who knows?

"Old Article"

Sony Bend Is Secretly Working On Syphon Filter For Vita

The latest issue of Playstation Official Magazine UK is hinting that Uncharted: Golden Abyss developer, SCE Bend, is secretly hard at work on a new title in the Syphon Filter franchise.

The unannounced third-person shooting title is rumored to be in development for the Playstation Vita and is scheduled for release sometime in 2012. It is being said that players can expect Syphon Filter Vita to take full advantage of the impressive handheld’s horsepower, providing beautifully vivid, PS3-like visuals along with a uniquely innovative control scheme.

Avid fans of Gabe Logan have been dying for news regarding a new entry in the franchise for quite some time now and the possibility of a brand new Syphon Filter title is too exciting to ignore. Hopefully the guys over at OPM UK know something the rest of us don’t

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Damn. So many possibilities for megaton, yet even more possibilities for disappointments.

This is a dangerous game weve got going here.

The Phantom Pain

They said not a port, so it could be a spinoff.

I'm going to throw a Gundam in there, just for fun.

Redhood

After posting it was pretty obvious that it was a no go, thats why I instantly changed it hehe. See the new link funny man

Wow how come I never heard of this title. Looks great. Even if we assume it was cancelled for the vita but what became of the ps3 version?

ReaperXL7

I think it mostly comes from the fact that since Tony, and Shahid are both in Europe, and work closely with third parties its hard to imagine that they.would not have known about Ubisoft games before hand, and would not have found out about a game deal from an Email. I guess it could still be possible, but it just would not make sense in that context.

Also, unless Tony is just a huge AC fan who would even joke about a new AC being "Amazeballz", or that people would "lose their minds" when its announced?

Especially when you consider that despite its relative success Liberation was not recivied by much critical enthusiasum. Its entirely possible that given all it could be Ubi, it would just be alittle weird given some of phrases used in talking about it.

I wont lie though, if Ubi were able to somehow get an original Farcry, or even Blood Dragon on vita I would shit bricks, and be very happy with that. I would even be happy with a proper AC if it were done properly.

There is also the fact that im pretty sure that Sofia has been on working on something else, so who would even develop it?

Kafel

Banned
not indie, third party and enjoyable for hours a day

could be Football Manager or Demon Souls-like for example

but I wouldn't get too much hyped since Shahid can go crazy for a port of an old Minter game

ReaperXL7

not indie, third party and enjoyable for hours a day

could be Football Manager or Demon Souls-like for example

but I wouldn't get too much hyped since Shahid can go crazy for a port of an old Minter game

Uhh TxK is not a port, its a brand new spirtual successor to Tempest 2000. I personally find it pretty exciting myself, though I can understand why some may not care. Minter is an awesome guy aswell.

The other aspect that allot of people miss is that one of the major reason that Shahid is so passionate about indies is because he came from the indie scene, and made a pretty cool little game back in the 80's called Chimera:

Chimera_Cover.jpg

He also remastered in 2010

So its not hard to understand why he has such passion for that segment of developers.

Oh and another thing. I know when I used to read threads by people on the "inside" at various places I'd think "why is nobody responding? At least say *something*" right?

Well, I won't be able to respond to everything, but I will try to read everything. Also, at Sony, let me tell you something that surprises even me - even at the highest level people are reading here and there on forums. We have passionate discussions about the issues you raise internally. It's not wasted effort.

Ive got one question shahid, welcome to gaf by the way. Are Sony as well as targeting Indies speaking to PSN developers on the possibilty of porting or making spinof versions of their games? I know many here will disagree but I believe the Vitas greatest strength is in being a portable PSN, full of shorter more arcadey titles. I personally would position it as halfway between the app store and a portable PS3.

There is no reason why games like bloodrayne, shatter, flow, scott pligrm, shank, journey, limbo, echochrome etc cant be on there. Many of these games would find new audiences through the vita and surely would be cheaper and faster to port than retail titles.

I really hope you guys are having active conversations on this front.

Redhood

Ive got one question shahid, welcome to gaf by the way. Are Sony as well as targeting Indies speaking to PSN developers on the possibilty of porting or making spinof versions of their games? I know many here will disagree but I believe the Vitas greatest strength is in being a portable PSN, full of shorter more arcadey titles. I personally would position it as halfway between the app store and a portable PS3.

There is no reason why games like bloodrayne, shatter, flow, scott pligrm, shank, journey, limbo, echochrome etc cant be on there. Many of these games would find new audiences through the vita and surely would be cheaper and faster to port than retail titles.

I really hope you guys are having active conversations on this front.

LIMBO is confirmed for Vita

Has Bioshock Vita game already been discussed and rejected?

I was thinking about that the other day, remembering Levine up on that E3 stage saying they'll do wonders with the Vita and the Bioshock I.P.....

Is that dead?

ReaperXL7

LIMBO is confirmed for Vita

Indeed it is, but I agree with his overall sentiment. There is some really great stuff on PSN that I would love to have on Vita, I know some would complain about more ports or whatever, but I would buy a native version of Puzzle Quest in a heart beat, or the psn puzzle might and magic, or Shatter, Pixel Junk Eden, Shooter, or Outland.

It does not seem like it would be super difficult to get these on the Vita and would easily bolster the library of games.

the issue is that most of the teams responsible are busy with new games, so it seems unlikely in most cases. Though Q games, and House Marquee have been quiet for far too long imo.

Bittercup

Has Bioshock Vita game already been discussed and rejected?

I was thinking about that the other day, remembering Levine up on that E3 stage saying they'll do wonders with the Vita and the Bioshock I.P.....

Is that dead?
I think this was the last update:
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/bioshock-vita-still-hasnt-entered-development-heres-why/
Some month ago it was still uncertain and apparently development hasn't even started :/ maybe this has changed in the meantime but I'd rather not get my hopes up. And even if this has changed it would take some time for the actual game to be made so not likely a release in the near future.

Gamespawn

I bet it's either Persona 5 or a remaster of FES.

Think about it. Persona 5 for vita would most definitely make everyone go WTF because most expect it for a home console release.

If it's FES Platinum, everyone will go WTF because P3P is readily available.

I think this was the last update:
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/bioshock-vita-still-hasnt-entered-development-heres-why/
Some month ago it was still uncertain and apparently development hasn't even started :/ maybe this has changed in the meantime but I'd rather not get my hopes up. And even if this has changed it would take some time for the actual game to be made so not likely a release in the near future.

Thanks for the heads up, man!

so, someone from Sony at that E3 found Levine at the bar, bought him a drink and asked him to come on stage and tell people they want to make a Bioshock Vita game. Because that's actually kinda true. But they never really put pen to paper.

This kinda sucks, I'd love a Bioshock game on the Vita tbh :-(

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
It will be cool to get a Gundam game, but I really don't think SCEE will hype a japanese game.
Damn, my requests for a lack of jRPGs for the PS4 were in vain.
There are already two Gundam games on Vita.
Yet they remain in the East; Gundam revival in the West please.

I can't remember the last time a 'secret game announcement' actually lived up to its billing. And considering the platform, I'm even more sceptical that it will be anything significant.

Top Bottom