• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi RPG 4: Dream Team Japanese Box Art

Pull my mustache while I'm asleep if old.
「UPDATE]NA Boxart on the right.
61EQ12esXvL.jpg
i5cNIDmlf23Yp.png

Via the site that you go to for Nintendo news.

Game Footage.

Previous Japanese boxarts.
marioluigirpg2.jpg
imgcd9b443azik0zj.jpg

Year of Luigi

I love how similar it is to the Bowser Inside Story one, CAN'T WAIT!
IIRC, In Japan they are all like that. I guess NOA preferred the pantomime poster style for the first two games as it was a bit plain.

Still, I foresee random region changes of logo and character sizing and other little placement things. Possibly also a Year of Luigi stamp. I almost want to see a parody of the Batman games of the Year editions based on it being a year of Luigi edition...

Salsa

western boxarts were better than jap for the first two

250px-MarioAndLuigiSuperstarSagaGBACoverArtUS.jpg
250px-Mario_and_Luigi_-_Parnters_In_Time_(box_art).jpg

then they just translated the jap one

250px-Mario_%26_Luigi_3_NA_Cover.PNG

so im guessing same treatment for this?

Katsuragi

I like the minimalistic approach of the Japanese cover artworks and prefer them to the ones we got. Here's hoping that they don't change the new one. :)

Drago

Boxart looks just dandy. Hoping we get something more extravagant in the west but I'd be fine if we got this.

I want this game now. Fffffffffuck you noa :(

Really really REALLY wish Nintendo would use this style mario for the next 3D game. The babbling, the over exaggerated movements, and the art direction in a full 3D game that was more comedic would be amazing.

Firebrand

This series has such a great art style, I wish it was the official one for the Mario franchise rather than the lifeless 3D renders they usually go with.

I'm reminded that I haven't actually played a M&L since the first one, hmm. I heard the second wasn't one great, but should have picked up the third a long time ago.

injurai

Banned
Wait. This is actually coming out?!?!? I had no idea, these were my favorite DS games.

Is it getting a NA localization?

Top Bottom