• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi RPG 4: Dream Team Japanese Box Art

Murrah

Banned
After the major disappointment that was Sticker Star, it's finally time for the Mario and Luigi series to rise and cuckold Paper Mario as the dominant Mario RPG series. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being my GOTY

Kazerei

Banned
NA, and it's a beaut!

iMw7eKibpFTBH.png

Oh lawd, that Fr bubble placement

Drago

Heeey, I just noticed, they got rid of the black M and L's on Mario and Luigi's hats and colored them! That was one of my favorite little touches about the M&L games' art along with Luigi's socks! :(

Schnei871

I bought partners in time and inside story recently cause I never owned a DS and what a treat inside story has been so far. The game is so clever. I have been looking for a sequel to Mario RPG for the longest time and this series is definitely the closest I could have hoped for. Amazing games. Really looking forward to this new one. Always so creative

I like it.

I'm hoping this will be great. Bowser's Inside Story was so good, better than I thought it'd be (Partner's in Time was pretty good, too). This is pretty much the new Paper Mario for me. I'm not worried though, it looks amazing.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I don't like it! The western covers of SS and PiT were way flashier and more interesting than their JP counterparts, I wish they had continued on with the more 'cinematic' covers rather than conforming to the JP covers.

NmHK6kn.jpg

LkCMOgO.jpg

Tuck

Don't like it. Too simple, not very colorful. Hope the NA boxart is better.

EDIT: I agree with Shig. The first two games' NA boxarts were much nicer.

NTom64

Woah, Yoshi is there. I don't think Yoshi's ever been in a Mario & Luigi game, IIRC.

They were in the very first M+L game. One of the best side-quests too!

They're involved in a fun kind of fetch quest. Sue me, I like shiny macguffins haha

DaBoss

They were in the very first M+L game. One of the best side-quests too!

They're involved in a fun kind of fetch quest. Sue me, I like shiny macguffins haha

Haha, I kinda expected that he was in some sidequest thing I never did.

I don't like it! The western covers of SS and PiT were way flashier and more interesting than their JP counterparts, I wish they had continued on with the more 'cinematic' covers rather than conforming to the JP covers.

NmHK6kn.jpg

LkCMOgO.jpg

The JP covers are gorgeous. The US/EU covers are just messy.

Top Bottom