• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi RPG 4: Dream Team Japanese Box Art

mrmickfran

XyVwwBP.jpg

Yoshi! :D

I really hope that they have some good postgame content. That's the one thing I hated about SuperStar Saga, you beat the game: and that's it.

I wonder If Partners in time and Bowser's Inside Story had some good postgame content.

The JP covers are gorgeous. The US/EU covers are just messy.
Agreed; much prefer the subtle and clean style of the JP covers.

so does sticker star, until you actually play it.

No. We knew before release that SS was removing experience and changing the battle system dramatically. This is not the case with this new M&L game. It's an RPG.

It has exp growth as shown in the demos. Hell, it looked more like Superstar Saga than Bowser's Inside Story.
How so?

XyVwwBP.jpg

Yoshi! :D

I really hope that they have some good postgame content. That's the one thing I hated about SuperStar Saga, you beat the game: and that's it.

I wonder If Partners in time and Bowser's Inside Story had some good postgame content.

Well they both had the bean research quest and Bowser's Inside Story had the Collosseum and the Challenge Node with the Cholesteroad minigames

The map actions (with the brother twister and such) reminded me more of SS than BiS and PiT.

btw here's the demo

Yeah I've seen the demo (<3 it) but I feel the structure is more like BIS with the dream/side scrolling sequences an equivalent of being inside Bowser. Though with the lack of playable Bowser it probably means more time will be spent in the SS style environments/overworld than in BIS. I don't actually mind that since my least favourite parts in BIS were inside Bowser.

Drago

How odd.

I was at Gamestop and I was looking at the 3DS section and noticed this:

Sorry for my finger and the massive phone pic.

Notice the slight differences in this box - no bat (but someone else there instead), a black M on Mario's hat (but a green L on Luigi), black outlines, and Luigi's head and the zzz's are drawn differently. Is this the US box?

Notice the slight differences in this box - no bat (but someone else there instead), a black M on Mario's hat (but a green L on Luigi), black outlines, and Luigi's head and the zzz's are drawn differently. Is this the US box?

Must have been a rough draft. That character appears in the character art in the other thread- he's Dr. Snoozemore, the guy who owns Pi'illo Island.

The US box is the same as all the other boxes.

TreIII

I'd put the chances of him not appearing as one of Luigi's nightmares as somewhere around nil.

It'd also be surprising if the Big Bad didn't find a way to fuse with Bowser in order to serve as the game's final boss. At this point, the main character I wonder about is Midbus. I'd like to see him again.

Anyway, I suppose my only qualm so far was that I was really hoping that the next game would either a) focus on Bowser again or b) be a Bowser-only title.

After all the build-up AlphaDream has given Bowser these last few games up to the third one, I was almost certain the big guy was due to get his own game at long last.

mrmickfran

Well they both had the bean research quest and Bowser's Inside Story had the Collosseum and the Challenge Node with the Cholesteroad minigames

That sounds fine then. It's weird that these games have the best combat systems out of any RPG but there's not that much to do with it outside of the main game.

Top Bottom